• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

What's the most obviously magickal thing you've experienced?

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
That is, have you experienced something more than the subtle effects that magick normally has?
What was it, and what makes you absolutely sure that it was caused by magick?

Thank you, I have wanted to know this as well. Having heard people on the internet talking about having seen people transform into animals and other fun stuff.

Not many replies to this are there? Magick of any sort is an art form and 90% of it is trickery. As for the other 10% however....

Are you counting premonitions? Watching telly with my sis years ago and we saw the Piper Alpha disaster on BBC news(burning oil-rig people falling into the sea on fire) the day b4 it happened. Put a curse on someone and within weeks they lost their job, suffered a mystery illness and became a reclusive and depressive hermit. Nowt to what happened to me though. Bad karma!

zoe said:
Magick of any sort is an art form and 90% of it is trickery.

Where there's smoke, there's mirrors.

Well, put a curse on my brother quite a few times... if you met him, you'd understand me.

One time, I had a wart on my thumb, and I went to the doctor with my mother and brother, to get liquid Nitrogen poured on it. Now, I knew all about the physics of liquid nitrogen, and what it did to a tennis ball... brrr... and naturally, I was close to screaming and running out of the room. My dear brother, in his most senstive nature, began to laugh and taunt me as I cringed.
I shrieked, "Fine then! I curse you - you'll get lots of warts on your feet!"

A month later... my brother was in the showder, and the next thing, there was a yell and he ran out (not in the nude) and held up his soles. There were budding warts... ALL over the soles - not kidding - about thirty dark circles under the skin of the sole, and my mother confirmed that they were warts, and they would surface soon. My brother promptly burst into tears and begged me to take the curse off. The warts disappeared within a week... :eek!!!!:

There's so many more I can record, but that's one of the most freaky thing that happened.

I had a ouija board spell out the constonants of a name on a sticker hidden behind a poster on my bedroom wall, if that counts. Thing is, I wasn't there at a time. A friend was doing the ouija board regular at the time and said that he had contacted a spirit that had a somewhat unhealthy interest in me! Sceptical, I hid the sticker then told him to have the spirit reveal what I had hidden in my room (I didn't tell my friend that it was a name on a sticker). The next day my mate came rushing by after school, frantic to tell me that the pointer had furiously spelt out "PRMS" repeatedly when asked the question. He went a whiter shade of pale when I revealed the sticker reading "PRIMUS". That kind of got me that little bit more interested in things supernatural. As for my friend, he promptly dumped his ouija board.
I know its not strictly magick, but...

What's the opposite of a curse - a blessing?

Is it harder to put a blessing on someone than a curse? I.e., do you need to be some kind of 'saint' (not necessarily a Christian one)?

Some curses, such as the 'warts' one above, seem to be made while in an emotional state. Is this always necessary, and would it apply equally to a blessing? This is why I asked if a blessing might be harder than a curse, since powerful feelings of love seem rarer than those of hate, fear, pain (or is this just me..?).

If anyone out there is good at blessings, please beam me a little one, I think I need it...

Re: What's the most obviously magickal thing you've experien

Mythopoeika said:

Love.:)

It can vanish just as magically, too.:(

My first sexual encounter, it changed my world forever:) :) :)

A Three-Smiley, Lecky!

Probably most people don't reach such heights, but what the hell, it rarely puts anyone off for good!

Thinks: this gives me the idea for a new thread..

..probably on Chat soon!

Two things:

I once cursed a girl who was going out with the boy I was madly in love with (I know, very bad thing to do, I was young at the time, I wouldn't do it now). She developed pains and nausea which were at first thought to be a problem with her gall bladder. I'm not really sure what I hoped to achieve by this, but it made the guy miserable & what I got was him telling me how horrible it was.

I felt guilty so I decided to try to lift the curse. Shortly afterwards doctors discovered that her symptoms were in fact caused by a benign growth on her liver, caused by taking the Pill. She came off the Pill & her health improved. Obviously there is a rational explanation for what happened to her. Perhaps it is synchonicity at work - what I wanted happened by chance at the right time.

Secondly, I did a series of meditations on the Tree of Life and the Major Arcana over a period of months. I began to experience OBEs. I am convinced these things were connected as I had never had OBEs before that I am aware of, and later when I stopped meditating the OBEs gradually ceased. My theory is that the meditation altered my brainwaves which generated the experience of being out of my body - I'm not convinced it was 'real'.

Unlikely

Hmm, that tumor probably didn't appear overnight. It was probably growing before you made your wish.

Dunno about cursing, but......

Years ago I had a really bad neighbour. She gave me hell, for no good reason. Example: she'd bang on my door at night, screeching that my kids (who were literally babes in arms at the time) had been in her garden, pulling up her plants! I didn't retaliate as I was hoping to move house soon, but used to think, I really hate you, I wish you'd die of cancer....
I eventually moved house, kids grew a little, and we regularly walked past where Mrs Nasty worked. Surprisingly, she'd always wave and smile at me! I still hated her and would ignore her.
One day she wasn't there any more....
I eventually bumped into her daughter, who astonished me by telling me how fond her mother had been of her young neighbours and adorable kiddies! More interestingly, Ma had virulent lung cancer. Next time I met this very nice lady her mother was dead- a merciful release, it seemed, from a sudden and painful illness.

Mythopoeika said:
That is, have you experienced something more than the subtle effects that magick normally has?
What was it, and what makes you absolutely sure that it was caused by magick?

It was caused by Magic of a kind, but the experience of watching my three children enter this plane was pretty much a head-f**k!
In the best way possible!!:)

The sun rising
A seed growing
A rainbow
The full moon
The song of a blackbird on a spring morning

These things are truly magick, as only nature can be.

Bright blessings
QS
:cool:

sawing a lady in half
making a tiger dissappear
walking through walls
catching a bullet in your teeth

these things are truly magic, as only David Copperfield can be!

Bright blessings
QS;)

I had forgotten about this, because we do it quite a lot and its not really magical at all, but one aspect of a the martial art I do is learning to sense the intention of an attacker. We will typically practice this by facing the wall and having someone stood behind us swing a training weapon at our head, gently but with strong intention. The person being attacked will usually manage to move just as the attack begins. The ability improves as people get better at the style- I have only been going for a year or so and so I only get it right about 60% of the time, but higher grades are usually almost faultless. I think that it is a part of the 5th dan grading.

I wouldn't call it magical at all, but it does show an ability to pick up on the thoughts of others, something most people don't really know that they have.

Two things, which I'm sure can be explained as coincidence, but felt magical...

The first - I was sharing a flat with a girl when I first moved to London. It was fun but extremely stressful. When I came to having to move out I was very stressed and not altogether happy as I had nowhere to go to at the time. Classic "poltergeist" stuff started happening, culminating in a burst of bright white light in the centre of the living room, witnessed by one independent person and myself and my flat mate, when she mentioned me moving. It was about the size of a football and bright enough to leave after images. There was no electrical equipment anywhere nearby.

The second - I go regularly to a nightclub/festival thing. I see the same people there every month and though I've never seen them outside of the club they feel like friends. One Tuesday evening I had a very vivid dream about one of the girls I knew there, that she was desperately in need of help, and that she was pregnant. I had no phone number or address for her and waited in extreme anxiety for the weekend, when the club was on again. When she got there she told me she'd had a very stressful week, thought she was pregnant, and one night she'd just broken down and started screaming for someone to help her. Tuesday night. I had never dreamed about her before and never have since.

The most magical thing tht ever happend.....hmmmm... I would say that it was about 6 months ago. Ive been practicing magic for 4 years and never done more than create a few sparks. But this one day, I had had such a bad day and I was so pissed off. My parents came into my room and announced me grounded. When I asked why they said that I hadnt been showing any respect for them. I went ontop of a mountain that across the st from our house and it wasnt really untill I started thinking that I got REALLY pissed. I just stood up and recoiled my arm and my hand burst into flames. I wasnt hurt tho, I didnt feel any heat and my skin wasnt damaged in any way. I made a motion like I was hurling something. And this ball of fire, about the size of a softball, went flying from my fist and exploded on and shatterd a nearby rock. Afterwords I felt soooooo exausted, it was kinda hard to explain the cuts on my face from the flying rock chuncks to the parental units :rolleyes: Now, I know what most of you are thinking "Yeah yeah whatever kid, youve just played Diablo one time too many and your BSing us". I assure you, that this is the total, absolute, complete, un-abridged, un-cut, un-edited, 100% truth.

I had a premonition of a girl that I worked with. I 'saw' her quite vividly one day with her arm in a sling and an injured leg. She had obviously been injured but she seemed alright. I 'felt' that this was her somewhere in time, she had either been like that once or she would be like that in the future. Six weeks later she had a very bad bike accident and she had broken her leg in twelve places. Her bike leathers saved her life, and her injuriess were just external.

Another time I had just got on a train and I had to get off the train after abut 10 minutes as I felt an overwhelming sense that something was wrong, I got a vague feeling that it was something to do with what was in somebodys bag. I HAD to get off the train and waited an hour for the next train. I felt fine on that one but as I got off at the connecting station the ominous feeling returned. The next day I put the t.v on fairly early and saw in the local news a bomb had been found at the connecting station in a bin. I am only speculating of course, but I have a strange feeling that I MAY have been on the train that the bomb was being carried on.

I've got other strange things for other threads (including a 'rod' experience)

Muwahahaha
;) ;) ;)

Last year I had this awful leech of a boyfriend (see revolting ex,s thread) and I went through terrible feelings of loneliness and despair and decided to do a small ritual to try and find the right person for me, in other words my soul mate.

I waited til the b*****d had gone out, bathed, meditated and set up my altar. I used amongst other things salt, garlic, ingrediants for a "witch bottle" and two candles which I dedicated to the God and Goddess. I began the ritual, appealing to the elements to give me a sign . As soon as I did this a huge loud spark shot of the candle dedicated to the goddess,which I took as a response. Trying to contain my excitement I finshed and closed down the ritual and stored my witch bottle in it s special place where it still remains today.

At one am the following morning my ex recieved a phone call from some woman who needed "help" from him. I told him if he went then he needent come back as I did,nt even know this woman. He went and I duly threw him out!

So did it work?I,d say yes although Im still single and happy at themoment, I think the goddess cleared the way for me to go on and develop myself as a person without that ignorant lump being in the way , so I can be ready for that soul mate when he comes along. I am sure she helped me that night giving me the strength and the circumstances to get out of that crap relationship. And it all happened so fast, within twelve hours or so.

well this happened to my fiancee but she swears on her mothers grave its true.

One night she was safely tucked up in bed and dreampt all night about being a wolf and running through the local woods (quite extensive) hunting. She woke up in the morning with dirt under her fingernails and feet, pine needles in the bottom of her bed and some blood on her lips.... pretty much exactly like what would have happened her her dream been real and all these things were not there when she went to bed. There is no way she coudl have got out without waking the dogs/parents and all the doors and windows were locked.

I've had a few experiences that could qualify as "magical" but that is due in part to the fact that I tend to accept such things and move on rather than subjecting them to analysis. I'm sure many of them could be explained away - but where's the fun in that?

Three years ago I was sharing an apartment with a girl who'se ex-boyfriend was an alcoholic, physically abusive, moron. She had broken up with him months before - and he continued to harrass her, threaten physical violence, and generally make her life miserable. She was the mother of a six month old baby (his) and was worried that he might hurt the baby if he got the chance.

One day he came to the house and tried to kick in our front door. We called the police, but he ran off. My freind was (understandably) hysterical. I was more angry at that moment than at any time in my life. I walked into my room, sat down on my bed - and envisioned all of my hate, anger, and fear as a large black orb. I then imagined that the orb was flying out of the apartment toward him, and that when it hit him it would hurt!

About ten minutes later, a mutual freind called to inform us that she had just seen him being hit by a car while crossing the street. He wasn't seriously injured - but he was thrown about ten feet and badly bruised.

A similar thing happened to me when I was much younger. A boyfreind of six years dumped me, and about a week later, while he was sleeping, both of his eardrums ruptured inexplicably. I had nothing to do with that, as far as I know...but I WAS furious at him at the time.

I guess the moral of this story is...don't make me angry!

I once made water catch fire with the addition of sodium metal and I also made metal melt with the intense heat of my palm yeah, it was gallium metal lol :blah:
I really live a non mystical life but a fun chemistry set can provide my diversion lol. :(

Hello,

Don't know if this is exactly magical in content, but EVERYTHING my grandmother says happens! This has been true for as long as I can remember.
If my grandmother says you might get robbed on your way home, so take a cab---TAKE A CAB!
Once, a cousin of mine was hanging off the fence and she said, "He's going to fall off and hit his face." As soon as she finished her sentence, he fell and he hit his face!
The night my uncle was ambooshed and beaten almost to death, my grandmother told him not to go out because she had a feeling that he was going to get hurt, but he dismissed her claim as he ALWAYS did and that night he was jumped an estmated 10-15 men who pulverized him and cracked his skull and he has had to learn everything from scratch---walking, talking...etc.,
There are many more things, but basically the gist of all this is that my grandmother has been doing this all her life and I have always considered her gift magical in nature.
I don't have it anywhere near as strong as she does, but I have had a few hits here and there.

WW

"we saw the Piper Alpha disaster on BBC news(burning oil-rig people falling into the sea on fire) the day b4 it happened"

So how come no one else has heard of this. If it was broadcast on the news, you couldn't have been the only people to see it.

"EVERYTHING my grandmother says happens!" "...
my grandmother told him not to go out because she had a feeling that he was going to get hurt, but he dismissed her claim as he ALWAYS did..."

If he always dismissed her claims, isn't that an indication that her claims never happened before that night?

YeaYea2001 said:
My parents came into my room and announced me grounded. When I asked why they said that I hadnt been showing any respect for them. I went ontop of a mountain that across the st from our house and it wasnt really untill I started thinking that I got REALLY pissed. I just stood up and recoiled my arm and my hand burst into flames. I wasnt hurt tho, I didnt feel any heat and my skin wasnt damaged in any way. I made a motion like I was hurling something. And this ball of fire, about the size of a softball, went flying from my fist and exploded on and shatterd a nearby rock.

Hmmm there was a nearby rock in your bedroom.

Forgive my scepticism, but do you sleep in a cave?

Arthur ASCII said:
Hmmm there was a nearby rock in your bedroom.

Forgive my scepticism, but do you sleep in a cave?

Could be a budding geologist! :D

Back