• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Whats This? (Photo Taken During Fireworks Display)

Rushfan62

Abominable Snowman
I was going to post this in UFOs but it so obviously isn't one that i put it here. All I want to know is does anyone know what could cause this object to appear on my picture?

http://s709.photobucket.com/albums/ww99/rushfan62/?action=view&current=Image0207.jpg

Last night there was a small firework display to celebrate the opening of our local gala. I decided to try and take a picture of some of the fireworks on the spot - hadn't planned it (or i'd have taken my camera!)

I was just using my phone camera. My Phone has no built in flash and has a pretty crappy resolution of 2 mp so it was just a case of click and hope i caught something. The coin like image appeared in only one shot. I can assure you that no one had thrown anything into the air though i have to say that the object does seem close to the phone. There was a light rain so I was thinking maybe a reflection in a falling raindrop of the fairground some hundred meters behind me? Possibly an artefact from the type of lense or ccd employed in this type of phone? (I have no real knowledge of these things so i'm just guessing) The phone is a Nokia 2700 classic.

I am taken with how solid the object looks more than anything, and the fact that it seems to bear some type of symbol or writing. Feel free to check out the other pics from that evening that I also put in the album for comparison. Thoughts?

Attachments

• Image0207.jpg
    Image0207.jpg
    486.1 KB · Views: 29
Last edited by a moderator:
It's a nicely lit-up water droplet. I can see a grinning face in it with a flat nose and three eyes. :lol:

It could be a rain drop but the phone has no flash or other lighting to reflect and the object seems to be quite sharply focused. Still, summat and nowt i daresay.

Could be the light from the firework illuminating the rain drop.

.. or refracting in the plastic lens cover on the phone was my first thought.

A friend once took an indoor photo of me which looked OK on the computer screen, but when it was printed out it had a grey blob just like this one floating next to my face. I was unable to explain it.
It could just be some kind of digital artifact caused within the camera.

_Lizard23_ said:
.. or refracting in the plastic lens cover on the phone was my first thought.

Yup - that's what I thought.

But you're still not a believer. :D
I encouraged dialogue with the energy orbs who are present; and staff led an exercise to communicate with the orbs and seek validation by the orb manifesting within its circle

How about a torch beam??
Shone up into the air in a Bat-signal style??

Maviself said:
How about a torch beam??
Shone up into the air in a Bat-signal style??
Believe me, as a big fan of the caped crusader I would have seen it if it was there.

Back