• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

What's Your Favorite X-Files Episode?

A

Anonymous

hey,
I am a huge fan of the X-files. I wanted to ask all of you (cuz' im sure most of you watch it as well) to post your favorite episode. also anything else related to the show as well. And one more thing, is there a real life X-files in the government? i know it wont be called X-files but that would be a kickass job to have.
ZERO

hmmmmm my fav episode now theres one got to be the one with the kid wearing the red string around his wrist to protect him from him dead brother (it had a kid getting killed by a train in a kiddys park after following a red balloon) well i know which it was lol

casio

The one with the circus freaks is my personal fave, purely for the comedy value and the pretty high "WTF??" factor too :)

Definitely Jose Chung's From Outer Space - not only because it is very funny, but also because it is the most realistic. Unlike most episodes, but like most fortean investigations, there are a whole load of loose ends, everyone understands even less at the end than the beginning. Plus, of course, someone writes a book of dubious accuracy, some dodgy video footage gets touted round, and someone becomes a self-made guru off the back of it, now how many times has that happened?

As for a real X-Files, the MOD has a UFO desk, but then it was staffed by Nick Pope - the only man I've ever seen get drunk on half a pint of curry house lager.........

I aint got a fav eposide cause i have watched em all apart from 6 and think they are ace

schnor said:
The one with the circus freaks is my personal fave, purely for the comedy value and the pretty high "WTF??" factor too :)
I'm not sure if this is the one I'm thinking of, but there was one with a circus/fairground theme which was very good, because it demonstrated the programme's ability to parody itself and yet still produce a high quality and interesting program.

ok ok sorry about this but ive just re-watched "tombs" and now thats my fav, all that stretching liver eating action is just the best

casio,

I'll admit I've not watched the X-Files properly for years... got too soap opera-like...

I've gotta say that I rather enjoyed the one (was it called "Irresistable"?) which had nothing paranormal at all in it... If Jose Chungs... Is the one with the tattooed lizard man, then, um, that one too.

Ian Simmons said:
Definitely Jose Chung's From Outer Space - not only because it is very funny, but also because it is the most realistic.

You stole the words from my mouth! or should I say keyboard? This epsiode was a work of genius and definitely the most realistic X-File. Has anyone seen the Millennium "Jose Chung" - quite good too...

Yep, I'd agree with the ones stated. Especially Jose Chung and the one with all the Jim Rose sideshow people (Feejee Mermaid?). Other one that I just love is what I can only describe as The DIE BUG DIE! episode with the cockroach hysteria and the Stephen Hawking like scientist who *walks* off at the end of the episode, beautiful woman in tow. But there are a lot of good ones.

i used to watch the millenium the series and i dont kno what happened one min hes happily married then in the next series his wife and kid are gone or dead or summat and it finished not long after that can anyone shead any light and was it the same guys who wrote the x-files as well as millenium?

cas,

Chris Carter wrote/produced both shows. In fact, the Millenium character Frank Black (was that his name?) appeared in an episode of the X-Files. Something to do with some apocalyptic dead rising from the grave type thing. I think.

My favourite was the side show freaks. Bloke with his twin brother living in his stomach, coming out to carry out nasty doings and stuff. :eek!!!!:

Yeah, the Jim Rose thing was great. But also the one they did in black and white where Cher was singing in the end. Just such a funny episode.

When Frank Black appeared in X-files it was because his show had been cancelled. So they needed some way to finish the story. But you never actually saw his wife die then? I didn't follow the show, just saw it once in a while. But still wondered how I missed the whole wife being sick thing.

Jose Chung

Jose Chung starred Jesse 'The Body' Ventura as a Man in Black.

Is he the only politician to appear in the series?

The Unopened File

Still my fave episode after so many years....

X-Files: 5 Favorite Episodes

Just curious, what is everybody's top 5 favorite X-Files episodes... the ones that had the most effect for you, either philosophically, emotionally, or entertainmentwise - any criteria you like. Not looking for titles, but just describe the shows and why you liked them.

Here are mine:

1) The episode with Peter Boyle as the the psychic who can only see other people's deaths. It's was such a sad episode, and one of the few instances in entertainment where prognostication was treated the way a human with the gift would probably see it as - a burdeon.

2) The episode at the freak show was very funny, and it nicely played with what a tv show could be, and it even had a nice angle of "freaks rights" that flew in the face of conventional polite society.

3) The episode that showed how the Lone Gunemen got together. It was interesting, because average looking people like the LG are seldom seen on tv, much less are given an hour of time to tell their story (or a much-lamented whole series), and it was also interesting to see the episode showing what happened when people are presented with a real mystery - will they get involved, or ignore it so they can get home as normal?

4) The first episode with Eugene Tooms, the "Stretcher"... scary fun stuff, and when it was on, X-Files was still new and it was somethinbg that I thought would be off soon because it was so entertaining and fun. (Watched since the first episode).

5) I also like the Christmas Ghosts episode, the one with Ed Asner and Lilly Tomlin as ghosts trying to get Mulder & Scully to kill themselves. I love Christmas ghosts, and this show is a great example of them. There is a very timeless quality about it that makes every time I watch it an event. It's also really got great mood, too!

Any other faves?

So many to choose from...

in no special order

1. Jose Chung's From Outer Space. This is the very self referential episode with Scully talking to a somewhat kooky writer about an unsolved abduction case in Klass County. Written by the same guy who wrote Humbug and Clyde Bruckman - the Peter Boyle psychic noir episode.

2.Home. The supressed episode involving a family of murderous inbred brothers. Too hardcore for rebroadcast it was never a repeat on Fox. As uncompromising as Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

3. to be continued... almost all of the end of season two-to-three parters, often more coherent than the theatrical X Files film.

OMG I love you for starting this thread! :kiss: Hehe. Ok, here goes, but I'll have more than 5 I warn you...

In no particular order because I can't decide:

1. Pusher. How can you put a man on trial for murder when he didn't actually touch any of the victims? Robert Modell "pushes" his will on others to make them commit suicide, and plays a game of clues with Mulder to lead him to him, resulting in a game of Russian Roulette.

2. Bad Blood. A new take on the classic vampire story. The story starts with Mulder staking a pizza delivery boy, only to find his vampire teeth are fake. A humorous episode, told twice through Mulder's POV and the Scully's POV.

3. Unruhe. Gerry Schnauzer sees demons. He looks into ppl and believing he can see demons in their heads, alleviates the problem by carrying out surgery, badly. When he gets near photographic film, the film is affected by his thoughts, like psychic photography, and the demons he sees appear in the pictures he takes of ppl.

4. Small potatoes. Another humorous episode, with a character who can alter his appearance to look like anyone, raising the question of whether we are who we are because of others perceptions of us.

5. Squeeze. Eugene Victor Tooms who can squeeze himself into small places. He kills victims for their livers, before going into hibernation.

6. How the ghosts stole Christmas. As mentioned above, the Lily Tomlin/ Ed Asner episode. I love the revolving rooms sets. A very traditional ghost story feel to it, as the ghosts attempt to talk Mulder and Scully into committing suicide as part of a loverys pact.

I could go on, there are so many I love. :D

In no particular order...

1) Humbug - the one with the freak show Mr RING mentioned... "What the hell are you doing?" "We're exhuming your potato." Very funny stuff

2) Jose Chung's From Outer Space - I only saw this one once, but IIRC it was about how subjective memory is, amongst other things. It showed this one scene in a diner over and over again, each time a bit different according to who's recollection it was. And Mulder kept on eating pie.

3) Ice - X-files does The Thing. Creepy and homo-erotic! Well, creepy anyway.

Oh, oh, oh....

Home:
That's the one with the inbred family who go on a killing spree after some kids find a dead baby buried in a field near the family's house.

Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose:
The guy who can see how people are going to die and is called in to help track down a killer.

Humbug:
The circus freaks being picked off by a conjoined twin who can seperate from his alcoholic brother in order to find a more clean living counterpart.

Squeeze/Tooms:
Eugene Victor Tooms can stretch and dislocate his body and is probably one of the villains ever created.

The Calusari:
Little boy is being stalked and finally possessed by the ghost of his twin brother.

Irresistible:
Donnie Phfaster (sic?) the necrophiliac/fetishist who kidnapped Scully so he could wash her hair then kill her and cut it off...Always good to see necrophilia on tv.

Post Modern Promethius:
Cher loving, genetically modified frankenstein boy wrongly accused of murder.

Syzygy ( I have no idea how the fuck that's spelt)
Psychic psychopaths have their powers amplified by the alignment of most the major planets in the solar system focusing on their home town.

My work here is done.

Also like: Ice, Jose Chung (hilarious!), Folie a Deux (the zombies who not everyone can see as zombies).

Oh and not forgetting that cross over they did with Millennium.

If you'd humor me...

4. The Ehrenmeyer Flask. Last episode of Season One, heavy with promise of better planned weirdness to come.

5. I don't know the title - the episode with Carrie Snodgress and some ufological bikers. I had never watched the show before and as I sat there ticking off the little plagiarisms as is my wont I thought well this could be quite good but it hasn't got a chance. Then it went on to become one of 90s pop culture's main reference points, a relic of the Clinton years whose whimsy couldn't be sustained under Bush.

I can't say I have five definite favs, but top of the pile has to be:

Jose Chung's From Outer Space!

The most realistic episode of the X-Files I've seen!

Back