• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

When Did It Begin?

The majority of my unusual experiences have been dream or intuition related, apart from a very unpleasant encounter with something unseen in a house I rented in 2013. I intend to make a post about that at some point.

Ooh, please do share your unpleasant unseen experience, if you wouldn't mind that is.

Hi Bloop, nice thread you have started. I really cannot describe or define my earliest experience, like many here I find that they are slippery to pin down and describe, particularly when you were a child. The more you try to focus on them the more difficult it is, even writing about them is an effort.

Like Zebs, I have always had the sense of unease and a thickening deadens sensation when I have been going down with something, Its almost like intense anticipation of an unwelcome event.
I also get this with certain people- it's as if I need to be entirely focussed on one thing/person which is ultra real. I have learned to treat this feeling with respect, as there have been times when I have had it in connection with people have not gone well.

Hi Bloop, nice thread you have started. I really cannot describe or define my earliest experience, like many here I find that they are slippery to pin down and describe, particularly when you were a child. The more you try to focus on them the more difficult it is, even writing about them is an effort.

Like Zebs, I have always had the sense of unease and a thickening deadens sensation when I have been going down with something, Its almost like intense anticipation of an unwelcome event.
I also get this with certain people- it's as if I need to be entirely focussed on one thing/person which is ultra real. I have learned to treat this feeling with respect, as there have been times when I have had it in connection with people have not gone well.
Hi nicnac168, are you talking about intuition/instinct about a person/event that you sense is going to go wrong ?

Hi nicnac168, are you talking about intuition/instinct about a person/event that you sense is going to go wrong ?

If that is indeed what nicnac168 is referring to, then I can understand entirely as this is something I seem to be able to do as second nature now - moreso with people than events.

Thanks for sharing nicnac168.

Hi, just passing through on way to lunch- Yes I think I am talking about an instinctive reaction, but sometimes is feels like a physical thing- almost like an unpleasantly damp fleece or pieces of greasy clingfilm separating you and the person/event from the rest of world.

Now I have made it sound like a bad special effect!

Just a remark on electric oddities and emotional states : The office I'm working since last January have what people use to call a "toxic environment", with abusive and bully managers and some unfriendly co-workers. It started to affect me, even on a physical level. The months of May and June were specially unpleasant, and I was very stressed. So, three times in something like three weeks, I just put my finger on the interruptor to turn on the light and the light bulb grilled. As fair as I had noticed, it didn't happend to any of my co-workers or managers. It was just me, and when I was leaving a specially abrasive team meeting. There were something like 15 years since it happened the last time, and when it happened it was with entire computers : under heavy emotional stress I could grill a motherboard without explanation. Again, it only happend on a specific office, again with a "toxic environment".

In my teens, sparks went between my brother in law and myself ! ...you could see them quite clearly...we were travelling on an escalator at the time so don't think it was anything otherworldly...it was sore in fact. ..Get a "jolt" now when I close my car door too Lol,
Ger.

So since preteens right upto mid 20's wierd stuff peaked then from mid 20's through to early 30's I didnt notice much, that said I was pre-occupied with a young family with lots of serious medical/health needs. By my mid 30's things kicked off again and happenings started to build rapidly. Now that I am much, much older things have once again quietened down but not so much that they have completely disappeared, they are just not as often as they used to be - I hope to share more with you all if that is ok.

Hey Bloop, at what age did your experiences start to diminish? My psychic experiences became obvious by age 16 and grew in variety, strength, frequency, etc. from there. However at about age 42 they started to shrink in frequency. They haven’t gone away completely - in fact I had one just two days ago - but at 56 years old I am experiencing stuff at a slower pace then 14 years ago. Just looking to see if anything common about our ages.

Last edited:
Hey Bloop, at what age did your experiences start to diminish? My psychic experiences became obvious by age 16 and grew in variety, strength, frequency, etc. from there. However at about age 42 they started to shrink in frequency. They haven’t gone away completely - in fact I had one just two days ago - but at 56 years old I am experiencing stuff at a slower pace then 14 years ago. Just looking to see if anything common about our ages.

Hi witchandshaman, it would have been around the same time as you, early to mid forties. I'm now in my early 50's and again like you, I am still having experiences, just more time elapses between each one :)

Hi witchandshaman, it would have been around the same time as you, early to mid forties. I'm now in my early 50's and again like you, I am still having experiences, just more time elapses between each one :)

Thank you for the reply Bloop.

Did you experience any other material changes a dozen years ago? I suspect that age can be one reason for a change in paranormal experiences; but, I also believe other events can too. Like for me in 2003, I changed jobs, move across the country, bought a new house, and moved in with my girlfriend (after living alone for ten years). So I had several of life's key stressors occur all at once.

I believe some combination of those things - cough, “GF”, cough - might also be clogging my third eye. :meh:

Back EMF. If I remember correctly electricity running through a cable generates a spiral of static electricity travelling in the opposite direction to the current flowing through the cable. Someone here will surely know more about it than I learned from O level physics.

Very nearly correct, it is not static electricity but actually magnetism, that is to say, electromagnetism. A current flowing through any conductor will create a magnetic field in a circle around it (not a spiral).

This doesn't really properly explain why a digital watch would suffer when near big power cables, because it is more complicated than that. The subject of EMC ("electromagnetic compatibility") is an extensive one.

Suffice it to say that early digital watches were designed and built when this subject was in its infancy. It is entirely possible that they were not engineered to a standard where they could be reliable in the presence of the magnetic field around a big power line (i.e. National Grid extent of bigness).

More recent watches are no longer shonky rubbish rushed out to early adopters.

Thank you for the reply Bloop.

Did you experience any other material changes a dozen years ago? I suspect that age can be one reason for a change in paranormal experiences; but, I also believe other events can too. Like for me in 2003, I changed jobs, move across the country, bought a new house, and moved in with my girlfriend (after living alone for ten years). So I had several of life's key stressors occur all at once.

I believe some combination of those things - cough, “GF”, cough - might also be clogging my third eye. :meh:

Yes just a year or so before they slowed down this time, my health failed quite suddenly and I had to close my business. I also stopped meditating and connecting with other more spiritual (not religious) people as I struggled to get out and about. I had, and I would suppose still have, some difficulty accepting my health issues and was and still am superstressed by how things have turned out and although we all change and grow as we age, I feel I am now someone completely different to the woman I was then.....and yes, I miss her. :(

Perhaps try 'smudging' your gf, you never know that 3rd eye mighn't not get so clogged :D

Yes just a year or so before they slowed down this time, my health failed quite suddenly and I had to close my business. I also stopped meditating and connecting with other more spiritual (not religious) people as I struggled to get out and about. I had, and I would suppose still have, some difficulty accepting my health issues and was and still am superstressed by how things have turned out and although we all change and grow as we age, I feel I am now someone completely different to the woman I was then.....and yes, I miss her. :(

Perhaps try 'smudging' your gf, you never know that 3rd eye mighn't not get so clogged :D

I’m sorry Bloop that I did not response sooner. I was away on a business trip.

Thank you for sharing something so deeply meaningful with us. I’m sorry to hear that it has affected you so. I can easily image that event could change you in many ways including paranormally as well.

As for you smudging suggestion, I will consider it immensely. I’ll buy some sage soon just in case. But one thing I’ve learned by experience is to never use or manipulate someone else’s energy without their prior acknowledgement. It will most likely backfire.

I’m sorry Bloop that I did not response sooner. I was away on a business trip.

Thank you for sharing something so deeply meaningful with us. I’m sorry to hear that it has affected you so. I can easily image that event could change you in many ways including paranormally as well.

As for you smudging suggestion, I will consider it immensely. I’ll buy some sage soon just in case. But one thing I’ve learned by experience is to never use or manipulate someone else’s energy without their prior acknowledgement. It will most likely backfire.

Thank you witchandshaman, for your kind words, they are gratefully received :)

I couldnt agree more with your thoughts ref other folks energy and would never manipulate anyones energy without their full agreement and co-operation. I was known to 'smudge' my own aura if I was in contact with the more negative people that blocked my energy, moreso if I couldn't smudge theirs. I still like to light a dish of sage every now and then just chill for a minute or two, I find its scent quite relaxing :)

Thank you witchandshaman, for your kind words, they are gratefully received :)

I couldnt agree more with your thoughts ref other folks energy and would never manipulate anyones energy without their full agreement and co-operation. I was known to 'smudge' my own aura if I was in contact with the more negative people that blocked my energy, moreso if I couldn't smudge theirs. I still like to light a dish of sage every now and then just chill for a minute or two, I find its scent quite relaxing :)

It is a hoot and a half Bloop but as much as I like (many) scented candles, I have never really gotten into other scents like incense for example. And because of the burning technique, I seem to relate sage to incense. So I’ve never thought about routinely burning sages. But, I certainly have done ismudging for influencing energy.

So next time you have the quiet moment to light up a bundle of sage, please think of me surrounded by my apple pie and mint chocolate chip ice cream scented candles (yack!).

First go at doing this so please be gentle. Could I also ask admin to move or delete as they see fit should this not be in the correct catergory - thank you.

On more than one occasion over recent years, I have been asked when did I first experience something in terms of things I really cannot explain. My standard answer would be when I was aged around 17/18 years, (which was when my most obvious experience happened but more about that another day) however that isn't strictly true. When I was 11 years old, my late mother purchased a cuckoo type clock from a gift shop somewhere in Devon whilst on holiday. Although it looked to be a cuckoo clock it never chimed and did not have the little door or a cuckoo. It did tell the time though. From the day my late father hung that clock on the wall it would often 'jump' from it either as I approached it or as I had passed it, yet it never did it for anyone else including my brother and sister. I know I never touched it or knocked it as I passed it as it was too high for me to reach without some sort of stretch or tippy toe lunge. The only other thing that I seemd to affect during my teens and early 20's was wristwatches as they would either end up running too fast or going the opposite way and running slow whenever I wore them. I wonder when others had their first odd experiences and has anyone else experienced things jumping off walls/counter tops etc as you approached/walked past them.
Bloop, dont be shy, ive read your previous posts, “i interacted with a ghost in a shop and i think im a medium...”

Last edited:
Back