• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Mighty_Emperor

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Granny, 95, 'knocked out neighbour with garden spade'

A 95-year-old German grandmother is facing charges after allegedly knocking out her 77-year-old neighbour with a garden spade.

The two women, from Rodewisch in Saxony, reportedly been arguing over a new fence the elder neighbour, named only as Martha N, had put up.

Her neighbour, Anni D, said the wire fence was allowing rotting apple's from Martha's tree to fall through into her garden.

Police say Martha told officers she'd had enough of the younger woman's nagging and had grabbed the spade, hitting her over the head.

Anni needed treatment for cuts and bruises, and her neighbour is facing assault charges.

Story filed: 11:04 Thursday 16th October 2003

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_829302.html?menu=news.quirkies

80-Year-Old Woman Knocks Rat Unconscious

BRUSSELS (Reuters) - A supermarket rat that had dodged a number of poison traps got its comeuppance when an 80-year-old shopper knocked it unconscious after it tried to steal her cheese, a Belgian daily said Thursday.

The rat had been hiding in the supermarket for a month, but staff attempts to trap the rodent had repeatedly failed.

The woman told the daily Gazet Van Antwerpen how she suddenly felt a sharp pain in her hand after picking up a pack of cheese at the supermarket just outside Brussels.

"A rat the size of my hand was hanging on my finger," she told the newspaper.

"I grabbed the rat with my other hand and smacked it on the floor. The animal was on the floor, completely knocked unconscious."

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=573&ncid=757&e=1&u=/nm/20031016/od_nm/rat_dc

I don't know, the old people these days . . .:p

Carole

'We like ripping the 'eads off sheep...and teacakes...'

The best part is if you go the link they've kindly provided a picture of her, teeth bared and everything.

WNDU.com South Bend, IN: Coverage you can count on.

Woman, 79, attacks officers with cane

Posted: 02/15/2005 03:11 pm
Last Updated: 02/15/2005 04:54 pm

South Bend, IN - A 79-year-old South Bend woman and her 57-year-old caretaker have both been charged with resisting law enforcement and battery to police.

Authorities say 79-year-old Betty Chambers struck two St. Joseph County Police officers with a wooden cane when they came to her St. Joseph Street home Friday to check on her welfare.

St. Joseph County prosecutors say the officers were called to the home to investigate a possible domestic abuse charge against her caretaker, 57-year-old Thomas Holleman.

The officers at the scene say Holleman attacked them after they insisted on checking on Chambers.

Sergeant John Pavlekovich suffered a separated shoulder and hand injury in the attack while the other officer, Lonny Foresman, suffered a mild concussion.

More news from South Bend, IN

http://www.wndu.com/news/022005/news_40340.php

Back