• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Where Does Sasquatch Live?

Dunbaraj

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
We all obviously have a pretty good idea about where generally Bigfoot creatures live, like the Pacific Northwest up in the mountains, but what about beyond that?

Do they hole up in abandoned mines? What about moving around during times of seasonal food growth? Do Bigfoot sleep in caves or in dense grass nests?

I'd love to hear your ideas.

Several monographs on the hypothetical sasquatch habitat have been written.

Best guess is preferred habitat would be lower elevation forests, below the snow line. Above the snow line mammals either migrate or hibernate and sasquatch is probably too large to truly hibernate. Very little food sources in dense old growth. So they would forage in low density forests and younger age class, openings, meadows, etc.
Probably omnivore, an opportunistic hunter/scavenger. Not a primary predator.

Do not maintain large groups, but small bands of immediate family scattered over a home range. Offspring probably leave the group upon adulthood. Unknown mating and gestation, probably similar to other large primates.

Ground nesting in dense cover or deadfall. Not nocturnal, either crepuscular or diurnal.

Not really answering the OP's question, but there have been credible reports of them in Oklahoma.

I think that, if they exist, they may live in a great many places, most of them fairly remote.

Last edited:
Little holes I reckon.

Well probably quite big holes.

Couple of sofas, a fridge. Good to go.

I would think the range is huge, following the seasons, what food is available etc. But za for various reasons I do wonder if, Bigfoot, along with other phenomena, may slip through, back and forward from elsewhere.

Back