• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Where's the rest of my Amityville Horror?

MrRING

Android Futureman
Just got through watching the Amityville Horror on DVD and was interested to find out that many of the sequences that I thought were in the film were actually NOT in the film.

Did I imagine them, or they from somewhere else (the In Search Of episode of the Amityville Horror, a sequel, or just remembering the scenes from the book)?

Specifically, here are the scenes I remember as being in the film:

1) The pig demon/angel Jody outside the window, running in the snow and leaving tracks. (There wasn't snow one in the movie, but I know the scene is in the book)

2) Kathy Lutz levitaing out of the bed in front of George.

3) The Fireplace demon appearing and burning it's shape into the fireplace.

Anybody out there remember these scenes from something besides the book?

Mr. R.I.N.G. said:
Just got through watching the Amityville Horror on DVD and was interested to find out that many of the sequences that I thought were in the film were actually NOT in the film.

Did I imagine them, or they from somewhere else (the In Search Of episode of the Amityville Horror, a sequel, or just remembering the scenes from the book)?

1) The pig demon/angel Jody outside the window, running in the snow and leaving tracks. (There wasn't snow one in the movie, but I know the scene is in the book)

2) Kathy Lutz levitaing out of the bed in front of George.

3) The Fireplace demon appearing and burning it's shape into the fireplace.

I own the movie as well, and I don't remember any of these scenes ever being in the movie. A few of these scenes were in the book. I don't remember the levitating, though. Maybe you're remembering a scene from THE EXORCIST?

Maybe it was just in the book, then.

The levetation happens in the book along with the scene of Kathy Lutz growing old. But I woulda sworn it was in the film too!

Isn't there a line drawing in the book of the pig-in-the-snow thing?

The red eyes of Jody were seen at the window in the film, but not running across the snow.
I think I remember reading the bit about Kathy levitating after they'd left the house in the book?

Re: Re: Where's the rest of my Amityville Horror?

ghost dog said:
I think that's in the Disney animated musical version:p

You wouldn't have a copy to lend out would you?

Great idea!

Suggested song titles for GET OUT: the Amityville Musical

1) Accursed Abomination

2) It's the Fly's Life For Me

3) Streets of Amityville

4) Suddenly Jody

5) Logs Into Fire: A Musical Fantasia

6) Slime In the Bowl

Now, what would be other songs and lyrics....:D

Where's the rest of my Amityville Horror

Are you sure it was the first film dude?
If i remember right : The first film was a sequel to the second, the second a prequel, and the third a sequel to the first.....confused?
I know i was :p but it was a while ago:confused:

The Lutz family were only in the first Amityville film.

But the Lutzes were in at least two book sequels where a bunch of other crazy crap happened. THE AMITYVILLE HORROR II and AMITYVILLE: THE FINAL CHAPTER.

Mr. R.I.N.G. said:

I've seen that. I think it's in one of the movie sequels but don't ask me which one (subplot of an incestuous relationship with a sister while possessed?). The only reason I recall it at all is that I remember thinking "Oh look -someone's been reading The House on The Borderland..."

I was referring to the films when I said the Lutz family were only in one.
I have read the other books come to think of it, so maybe it was in one of them.

Jody picture

Hi, I'm the webmaster of amityvillehorroronline.cjb.net and I thought you'd like to have a picture of the drawing Missy drew of Jody.

Back