• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Which conspiracy, if true...

jefflovestone

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Which conspiracy, if true, would have the greatest ramifications for us all?

Jesus getting hitched and having kids? The Protocols of the Elders of Zion? Hoaxed moon landings?*

I'm not interested in what's the most likely etc., etc., just which would have the biggest "SHIT!" factor.

*illustrative purposes only and contents may vary.

I think David Icke's all-encompassing view of the world would be very scary indeed if even the smallest part of it were true.

That's a pretty big "if", though.

Aliens using us all for dodgy experimental purposes with the knowing consent and active cooperation of all our governments?

Both good suggestions. Would it be that the scale of the conspiracy is the determining factor as to it's ramifications rather than what the conspiracy actually is?

Probably Creationism and the thought of us running around with all those dinosaurs.

What about the conspiracy to make us believe conspiracy theories?

That the Government want to introduce biometric ID cards and have a DNA database with everyone on it...couldn't possibly be true though.

That the Bush Administration orchestrated 9/11.

I would imagine if that were ever found to be true then the implications would be enormous.

That the Moon landings were hoaxed. By aliens.

Hey man, don't you know it's all one big conspiracy? Everything's interconnected dude, you just gotta open your eyes and see.

misterwibble said:
Hey man, don't you know it's all one big conspiracy? Everything's interconnected dude, you just gotta open your eyes and see.

Oh, I see alright. My problem is trying not to see. ;)

We are butterflies dreaming that we are men.

Oops, better update that for the 21st century: We're in The Matrix.

I would suggest the one about the collapse of the US economy being iminent.

I would say that because if it collapsed again, there might be a new world pecking order of some sort.

The one that tells us that B17 will cure cancer and we are so blinded by the FDA and Media that we can't accept its that simple.

techybloke666 said:
The one that tells us that B17 will cure cancer and we are so blinded by the FDA and Media that we can't accept its that simple.
A flying fortress? ;)

The Gnostic Religion in any of its variants--the Creator God, or Demiurge, is a fake; the Real God is the Unknown God; we're all lost pieces of God trapped in the material world; Jesus Christ is the same person as the Devil or the Serpent and come to rescue us from illusion.

Or that this is the Matrix--it's pretty much the same thing with a bit more techo-fascism.

But if you want to get all philosophical, solecism is hard to beat. I'm the only really person in the world and you're all a bunch of imaginary pixels.

I said "pixels", not "pixies". I don't think Fort would approve of pixies but as a newspaper man he was definitely familiar with pixels and the pixelated.

Back