• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Who Is Sending The Anthrax Letters?

WHo is posting the Anthrax letters?

• Al-Qu'Aida?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neo-Nazi groups in the US?

• It's all fiction, like Saddam says....?

• Other Option?

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

Personally, I think it is Al-Qu'aida, but that don't count for much!

i wouldnt ever count out anyone
you just never know, now do you?

cas

It's highlighted the inadequacies of the Feds - we're nowhere nearer to catching these creeps. It's stunning how such a simple, exploitative move can cause so much of a ruckus. The mail system is really the only untraceable mode of remote communication these days. Unfortunately, all the intelligence agencies have been so caught up in getting the latest gadgets and gizmos to de-encrypt emails, satellite phones, cell phones .etc. they've ignored the low tech stuff which has always been far more effective and difficult to combat. I wonder if we'll see the day when it's impossible to mail something without producing ID first.

I think it's an inside job; some sort of bio-unabomber. I really don't think Al-Qu'aida has the ability to implement such a thing.

It's all very tricky. On the one hand it has been claimed that UBL has been attempting to get his hands on these sorts of weapons, but on the other hand the origin of the material appears to be from within the US. If forced to guess, I would say that it was likely to be UBL (based on the timing etc.), however we only have to look at Oklahoma City to see what internal terrorists are capable of.

I guess only the fullness of time will tell.

P.S. What we do know is that the line has now been crossed, and hence we shouldn't be surprised if other groups attempt to do the same.:(

I don't know who to believe:

1) Al Quaida

Have the money and possibly the knowledge

2) Inside\Neo-Nazis

The anthrax, according to government scientists, seems to have come from one of America's own research lab. Neo-Nazis by definition, are too stupid to do such a thing.

redtom said:
Neo-Nazis by definition, are too stupid to do such a thing.
Never underestimate the stupid!

I'm reminded of the two right-wing nutters arrested somewhere in the US a few years ago with the wherewithal to make bubonic plague in the boot of their car.

Latest news from the FBI - according the the UK Daily Mail (2nd November, I think), the latest theory is that the letters are being sent by a coven of witches based in California. Apparently, there are some similarities in the handwriting to threatening letters that have been sent to the major US networks before.... I kid ye not!
I have sent my collection of cocktail accessories to Quantico - apparently "clutching at straws" is the new game in town at the moment.....

Anton La_Vey said:
... apparently "clutching at straws" is the new game in town at the moment.....

Nice they have an interest... things must be quiet now there's a war on

8¬)

Anton La_Vey said:
apparently "clutching at straws" is the new game in town at the moment.....
Let's face it, they haven't a bloody clue.

Personally, I think that anyone trying to do the same in Britain would be sorely disappointed - anyone see the postcard story in The Mail? Delivered 86 years late - that would be a bitch, getting a spore-laden package meant for your Great Grandfather!

i love your signature anton. i wish that would happen to. i would also like it to happen with chirstina aguliera , fred durst and charlie manson.oh and when christina is pregnant i would like it to happen for a recreation of the tate murders.

Spook said:
Never underestimate the stupid!

I'm reminded of the two right-wing nutters arrested somewhere in the US a few years ago with the wherewithal to make bubonic plague in the boot of their car.
Quoting myself feels a bit arrogant but these two have just turned up in this months FT if anyone's interested.

News is that the FBI is saying that their profile is of some loner nut doing it. I am a left-wing vegetarian, so i am not a suspect. Now this news if true will probably be suppressed. it would hurt the causes of future martial law and the cessation of civil liberties in this awesome great land.
I think if GW was told look it ain't Bin laden, it was Joe schmoe from Dakotaville, he would get with Ashcroft and CIA jerks and squeeze tight the banal, empty, lost governmental structure full of corruption and lies. Also, a right winger doesn't necessarily have to be a nazi. I don't think Clarence thomas is a nazi even though he is a FASCIST.

nwoisevil said:
News is that the FBI is saying that their profile is of some loner nut doing it. I am a left-wing vegetarian, so i am not a suspect.

Oh? I thought in your over-simplified world model it would make you number one suspect.

Yeah. nwoisevil is sending out the anthrax letters. It makes perfect sense.

Niles

Thanks Niles, I'm impressed with you too. Funny how you have this hatred for me and like to slander.

nwoisevil said:
Funny how you have this hatred for me...

Hatred? Nah, I find your arguments lack a little depth and when I created an entire thread so that we could discuss the whole greenhouse thing you never showed.

So I mock you, primarily because I know you take yourself too seriously and that I can prevoke a rise out of you.

Toodles

Niles

Niles & Nwoisevil... Oh come, on, why don't you two just snog and be done with it?... there's obviously sexual tension between the two of yers.

My twopenneth on the Anthrax... well, the letters themselves have an explicit Islamic extremist content, which would implement Al-Qu'aida or a similar group. But... I dunno... the wording on them seems to me not like a real Islamic Extremist, but someone writing what they think an Islamic Extremist might write. It could be some other group, Neo-Nazi or otherwise, using the aftermath of the 9/11 attack to cover their tracks.

Then again, surely the point in terrorism is to make it known who you are, and what your cause is, rather than blame someone else?

Oh, and NWOisevil is quite right of course, a Right-winger needn't be a Nazi, or indeed a Fascist come to that. Neo-nazi means something specific, and I don't think the targets here would be the ones Nazis would pick (maybe I'm stereotyping Nazis here, but you'd think there'd be some racial motif on who they're targetting... but then again I can't really say I'm too familiar with Nazi thinking processes!).

Nwoisevil has managed to piss off three different people in one day. I wonder if this is some kind of record.:D

But Demicabbage of Darkness!
He won't respect me in the morning, I just know it!

Niles

Evilsprout said:
Neo-nazi means something specific, and I don't think the targets here would be the ones Nazis would pick (maybe I'm stereotyping Nazis here, but you'd think there'd be some racial motif on who they're targetting... but then again I can't really say I'm too familiar with Nazi thinking processes!).
American neo-nazis might well choose the current targets. They, like many unconnected and often incompatible groups, hate the Federal government and all its representatives and see any attempt by government to influence their lives as an attack on their freedom. It is easy to sympathise to an extent with sentiments like these but unfortunately many groups have perverted the doctrine of individual freedom in order to legitimise their hatreds. At their least dangerous they see not paying their taxes as a patriotic act.

Neo-nazis manage to bring in a racial element through the very simple and ancient ruse of claiming that there is a malign Jewish conspiracy running, well, everything. Hence their belief in ZOG (The Zionist Occupational Government) and the constant reference to Jew York as opposed to New York in their leaflets and web-sites.

The BBC ran an excellent documentary on the KKK, Christian Alliance and related groups a couple of years ago in which one of their representatives advocated a form of de-centralised, unregulated terrorism perpetrated by individuals or very small cells against the US government or its representatives (which, according to them, is most Americans). I suspect these web-fingered, inbred retards were beside themselves with joy on September 11 and the MO and targeting of the current Anthrax campaign certainly fits their profile.

Dark Detective said:
Nwoisevil has managed to piss off three different people in one day. I wonder if this is some kind of record.:D

I think I managed to piss off many more people in one go than nwoisevil with my drunken flame about casio's '1500' posting. Is this a record, Mr McWhirter?

Could be, though nwoisevil probably wasn't rat-arsed at the time.
More's the pity.

Simple question

What dates were on the postmarks of the Florida letters? If they were posted after the 11th, then they could be people exploiting the situation to cause panic/settle old scores.

Of course, if they were posted before the 11th, then it is highly unlikely that they are due to neo-nazis exploiting the events of the 11th. (Unless, of course, there is a linkage between extreme islamic groups and neo-nazi groups. Would their joint hatred of the US govt. and anti-semitism mean that they could link up?)

Courtesy of cnn.com:

"The Brokaw and Post letters arrived at the Trenton, New Jersey, processing center, in Hamilton Township, on September 18 and had their postage canceled within three hours of each other. Still, officials could not say definitively whether the letters arrived together at the post office.

"Those two letters passed through the same letter canceler, and a worker who did maintenance on that machine later contracted cutaneous anthrax.

"The Daschle letter arrived in the Hamilton Township facility October 9 and was canceled at 5:45 p.m. It arrived October 11 at the Brentwood facility in Washington, where four postal workers contracted inhalation anthrax and two of them died. "

Interesting, though it only gives a week for letter 1 to be produced, sent, and arrive. Is this significant?

Sometimes co-incidence does happen... The cover letter is opportunist and the Anthrax was brewed to be used months ago.

8¬)

I wonder if there's any connection between the people who've recieved the letters... Perhaps they share a common enemy? It's odd that no-one has attempted to make such a connection, instead automatically assuming it was random and sent by islamic extremists. Are the FBI operating on the same assumptions? It appears no, yet there's nothing to link the people.

If it was right wing militias their targets would be: jews (their major bugbear), govt offices, media outlets (particularly the pop press), and leftwing/liberal groups. In some ways this already checks out, but because the sample is relatively small, and alot of the letteres have been intercepted/destoyed/lost other random people have come across the virii. It would seem odd that a militia group used (badly phrased/expressed) islamic notions on the letters, but one would think that if they were Iraqi/al-Qaida/whoeverelse in origin the perpertrator would have made more effort to remain anonymous (i.e. printed envelopes and letters) and accurate. This would suggest to me that they're short on funds (i.e. no computers), badly researched a/o ill-educated and mentally unstable. This doesn't (imho) point to islamicists but to a small militia group, using the cover of the Jihad situation.

What do others think of my off-hand analysis?

I agree with Dot that it may be some right wing group using the sept. 11 as a front. Yesterday they reported that anthrax was found at Howard University. Isn't that a liberal, black college? Sounds like warped right wingers to me.

Er, my money's on the Aryan Nations - call me a pragmatist, but they did try it before...

Back