• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Why do we always blame the aliens ?

A

Anonymous

Cattle mutilations ? Blame the aliens!
Crop circles ? Blame the aliens.
Abductions ? Blame the aliens.
Men In Black ? Blame the aliens.
Bigfoot sightings ? Blame the aliens.
Chupacabras ? Blame the aliens.
Roswell crash ? Blame the aliens.Anything else ?!
Poor bastards!

I blame the media

Oh, and the parents

And, nearly forgot, the International Capitalist Conspiracy.:madeyes:

So according to Occams Razor it really IS the aliens. :cool:

BTW had anyone heard of Occams Razor until the film Contact came out?

Given that William of Occam was around in the middle ages, just a few of us.

Ooops! Sorry, I didn't realise he was a personal acquaintance of yours! :D

Thats alright mate, wanna buy some Elixir of Life? The Philospher's Stone? Do you a nice discount on homunculii, two for the price of one! Tell you what, you look like a man who could use a piece of The True Cross, today only comes with one free indulgence of your choice!

wintermute said:
Thats alright mate, wanna buy some Elixir of Life? The Philospher's Stone? Do you a nice discount on homunculii, two for the price of one! Tell you what, you look like a man who could use a piece of The True Cross, today only comes with one free indulgence of your choice!

and WTF are they?

Neil - sorry for the digression.

Elixir of Life - your basic immortality potion.

Homunculii - according to the alchemists, if you stuck enough gross matter (in the Withnail sense), in a big vat shaped like a pelican (don't ask), and performed the appropriate rituals out of a big scary looking book, if you were lucky you'd get this fetus kind of thing growing in there. Not only was there good eating on one of them, but they had all sorts of magi(k)al powers.

Back to topic...............

I say:

Late for work - Blame the Aliens
Forgot your PIN number - Blame the Aliens
Unable to carry through on sexual boasts due to excess - BtA
Caught signing letters for dodgy multinational steel firms - BtA

And the John Keel special

Unable to solve the UFO problem - Blame the aliens! (Sorry - Ultraterrestrials) ;)

When you think about it, this is a reason for disbelieving UFO cover-up myths. If governments were really smart, they'd pretend that UFO's were alien craft, and then it'd be:

[insert man-made catastrophe of choice here] is a serious problem, but you have to remember that the aliens did it, not us.

Then, of course, they could spend lots of money on anti-alien technology, etc; then turn round to people asking why thet didn't have schools/hospitals/transport, and say, we've all got to make sacrifices if the aliens are to be defeated.

But nothing like that could ever really happen..........

Reminds me of that scene in Red Dwarf where Lister accuses Rimmer of blaming everything on aliens, and says incredulously

"Aliens used our bogroll, Rimmer??"

:D

I personally blame my parents, although I hear it's fashionable to blame the terrorists now.

It's not the aliens' fault and if you dare to continue in this vein I shall report you to the Aliens' Relations Board!

They're just misunderstood.

Carole

Slytherin said:
I personally blame my parents, although I hear it's fashionable to blame the terrorists now.

My parents are terrorists. Well, they're still capable of terrorising the sh1t out of me! (Mummy* says I'll always be her little boy. I left home almost 25 years ago! :D )

Dan Dare said:
I blame . . . SOCIETY!

And who 'runs' society? BtA! :blah:

carole said:
......I shall report you to the Aliens' Relations Board!....Carole

One of Tony's quangos that I previously was unaware of? :)

*Being facetious. Honest.

Back