• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Wild Imaginations

A

Anonymous

man the other day my friend had a birthday party at his house. he invited a few people and about 7 ended up comming. so anyway at the party (which was a sleepover) se played capture the flag, we played till about 1000 at night so it was quite dark when we were done. anyway my team's base was out in this orchard by his house, and the other team was at the house. anyway we started playing and when it started to get dark it started to get creapy. when we were all done we would share stories of how we could have swarn someone was following us but no one was there. and everyone swore someone was watching us. I know that we were all over reacting and i just think its weird how our minds do it. how when it gets dark and stuff our imaginations act up... anyway thats my story

THE WATCHER IN THE DARK!!!! :eek!!!!: :eek!!!!: :eek!!!!: :eek!!!!:

No, seriously, Josh, it is really frightening when that happens. Are you sure you all didn't just spook each other?

And even familiar places can seem creepy and unfamiliar in the dark.

But I once stayed in a scottish castle and there was a hallway I had to pass through on the way to my room and I always couldn't get out of that place quick enough because of the creepy feeling I always had.:eek:
Carole

I always think something's waiting to jump out at me when I go home from the office after reading the Fortean Times boards at night, but I don't think that proves there are any actual ghosts around here. :)

I've had that feeling any number of times & feel later, (but not at the time), that it is due to an over active imagination & local stimuli at the time!!!!

yeah, we were just over reacting, but it still gave us quite a scare haha. i remember about 2 years back at my old house i'd be walking in the orchard at night and as soon as i felt freaked out i'd just sprint for my front door, lol ahh good times.

Ha! That's just my son spooking you - Pan, son of Hermes, who induces irrational fear (panic - derived from the Greek panicos) just to get you going when you're on your own.

And not just when you're on your own. There are some cases of 'panic' occurring in groups.

My own theory is that panic is caused by the subconcious knowledge that we nolonger have the skill necessary for survival in the wilds, that we are strangers in the woods.

Cujo

When I was young a group of my mates stayed over at my house a few nights after we believed we had been visited by a nocturnal intruder. We were all sat around winding each other up until everyone was a bit freaked out, then we decided to go to sleep. A few minutes after we turned out the light an unholy racket came from the kitchen of the house. We were all terrified, thinking that the intruder had come back and was trying to break the door down or something. We were too scared to even switch the light on. The noise continued but no more happened and we stayed absolutely frozen for around half an hour. Then I remembered I had put my trainers in the tumble drier to try and dry them out, and the noise must have been that switching on with the off-peak electricity.

I was in such trouble for that one.

Reminds me a bit of a prank pulled by a friend of mine at university on a poor First Year student. 'V' had borrowed a radio-controlled car, and placed it on the floor in the broom cupboard of the kitchen (the campus accommodation had 12 room per wing, by the way, so there were a number of people present (myself not being one of them) for the Seance they had this fellow involved in.
Anyway, when they got to the 'Is there anybody there? 2 knocks for ;yes;, 1 for 'no'' stage, 'V' flicked the remote controls beneath the desk, and the car made an appropriate forward-and-back bang-bang. The younger student, bless him, almost jumped out of skin. The car co-operated for a while longer before 'V' cracked up, giving the game away.

Breakfast said:
I was in such trouble for that one.
Reminds me of when I was a second year student. I had a crappy old motor-bike which must have been jinxed, it suffered from such a string of breakdowns... (Must stick to the point, or I'll fill the whole thread with bike stories!)

Late one night, while the bike was parked round the back of the hall of residence, the horn started sounding all by itself, and went on and on, waking up half the students in hall - but not me because my room was on the other side of the building!

I think the cause of this may have been dew dripping onto some frayed wiring, but it never happened again, nor could we reproduce the fault.

One more story: this bike came back to haunt me!
I'd got to the state of saying that the next problem would be my cue to scrap the pesky machine. One day the engine died as I waited at a road junction, and a spreading pool of oil appeared underneath. I left the thing in a nearby hedge, and a mate of my dad's arranged to collect it and take it to the scrapyard. I returned the logbook to the DVLS (?) saying the machine had been scrapped.

About a year later I got a letter from someone who'd bought the bike from a bike shop and was having one or two problems with it, wondering if I had any advice! He said he got my name from the logbook...

Now maybe my dad's mate had flogged the wreck instead of scrapping it, but how did they manage to resurrect the log book out of the governmental crypt?

I replied that the bike should have been scrapped and the shop had no right to sell it, and that was the last I heard of it. Haven't even thought about it for years till now...!

i used to get wierd feeling's when i used to walk home from school and i had to go past an old ladies house- thing was a few yrs ago when they had the ve day celebrations again the old lady who lived there was murdered, they caught the bloke who did it but ive never been past since

Ford Un-Popular

I've never been panicked or spooked myself, but I do remember that when I was a kid (10 - 15 y/o) I used to take my grandparents' neighbour's dog for walks. The dog was a collie and the mildest-manner dog you could hope to find. But sometimes, along the way, there used to be parked a tiny black car - I think it was a 1950's Ford. When the dog got to within 30 feet of the car it would snarl and froth at the mouth and show its teeth and refuse point blank to go any nearer - the dog was really terrified. This happened every time we saw the car (maybe 25 times in all). Luckily the road ran beside a playing field so we could take a detour, otherwise we'd have had to go back and find another road.

Back