• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Wonders (Prodigiorum Chronicon)

#24 The Blood Rain Mystery
Overview:

DNA analysis of the famous blood rains of Kerala (India) and Sri Lanka (2013)

Source: Bast, Feliz - The Blood Rain Mystery, Dream 2047, (India) Vol.XIX, Nº3, pp.25-26, December 2016

Attachments

• Bast, Feliz - The Blood Rain Mystery, Dream 2047, (India) Vol.XIX, Nº3, pp.25-26, December 201...pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:
#25 On Blood rain (Palmella prodigiosa, Mont.)
Oveview:

The subject of my communication this evening is "Blood Rain," a phenomenon which in dark and superstitious ages filled the minds of the people with terror, who, in ignorance of the nature of such appearances, regarded them as manifest tokens of divine wrath, and harbingers of approaching calamities.
In the same catalogue must be included storms of ink, bloody water, star sloughs, &c.

Source:Stephens, Henry Oxley (1853). On Blood rain (Palmella prodigiosa, Mont.). Annals and Magazine of Natural History, 12(72), 409–411.

Attachments

• Stephens, Henry Oxley (1853). On Blood rain (Palmella prodigiosa, Mont.). Annals and Magazine ...pdf
    260.2 KB · Views: 7
#26 The Dust of Blood-Rain

nature.jpg

Source: Rücker, Arthur W. - The Dust of Blood-Rain, Nature, Vol.LXIV, 1901, pp.30

#27 Bloody rain again! Red rain and meteors in history and myth
Abstract:

In July 2001, red rain fell over Kerala in India shortly after reports of a meteor. When analysed, this red rain appeared to contain red cells, apparently demonstrating that such cells must exist in space and that the theory of panspermia is correct. However, doubts have been expressed about whether reports of a meteor were merely a coincidence. This paper examines historical and mythical
accounts of red rain, to establish if these, too, show a connection with meteors.​
Source: McCafferty P. Bloody rain again! Red rain and meteors in history and myth. International Journal of Astrobiology. 2008;7(1):9-15.

Attachments

• McCafferty P. Bloody rain again! Red rain and meteors in history and myth. International Journ...pdf
    706.3 KB · Views: 13
#28 The Red Rain Phenomenon of Kerala and its Possible Extraterrestrial Origin
Abstract:
A red rain phenomenon occurred in Kerala, India starting from 25th July 2001, in which the rainwater appeared coloured in various localized places that are spread over a few hundred kilometers inKerala. Maximum cases were reported during the first 10 days and isolated cases were found to occur for about 2 months. The striking red colouration of the rainwater was found to be due to the suspension of microscopic red particles having the appearance of biological cells. These particles have no similarity with usual desert dust. An estimated minimum quantity of 50,000 kg of red particles has fallen from the sky through red rain. An analysis of this strange phenomenon further shows that the conventional atmospheric transport processes like dust storms etc. cannot explain this phenomenon. The electron microscopic study
of the red particles shows fine cell structure indicating their
biological cell like nature. EDAX analysis shows that the major elements present in these cell like particles are carbon and oxygen. Strangely, a test for DNA using Ethidium Bromide dye fluorescence technique indicates absence of DNA in these cells. In the context of a suspected link between a meteor airburst event and the red rain, the possibility for the extraterrestrial origin of these particles from cometary fragments is discussed.

Source:Louis, G., Kumar, A.S. The Red Rain Phenomenon of Kerala and its Possible Extraterrestrial Origin. Astrophys Space Sci 302, 175–187 (2006).

Attachments

• Louis, G., Kumar, A.S. The Red Rain Phenomenon of Kerala and its Possible Extraterrestrial Ori...pdf
    679.4 KB · Views: 5
#29 Shower of Sulphur, Baltimore, Maryland, 1843

Brooklyn Daily Eagle (Brooklyn, NY), April 26, 1843. p.2.JPG

Source:Brooklyn Daily Eagle (Brooklyn, NY), April 26, 1843. p.2

#30 The Snow Worms, Rochester (NY), North Carolina and Tennessee
Páginas desdeniles-2.jpg
Nile´s National Register (Philadelphia, PA) Vol.LXXV, Nº11, March 14, 1849.jpg

Nile´s National Register (Philadelphia, PA) Vol.LXXV, Nº11, March 14, 1849

#32 A Shower of Worms, 1876, Virginia , NV

content.png

Source: A Shower of Worms, Record of the Year, Vol.I, April 21, 1876, pp.412

#33 Showers of Worms and other Insects, 1749-1752, Sweden
Overview:

De Geer, chamberlain to the King of Sweden, writes that in January, 1'749, at Leufsta, in Sweden, and in three or four neighboring parishes, the snow was covered with living worms and insects of various kinds. The people assured him they fell with the snow,· and he was shown several that had dropped on people's hats.

Charles De Geer (30 January 1720 – 7 March 1778) was an entomologist, industrialist, civil servant and book collector.

1714618093518.png
Source: Cowan, Frank - Curious Facts in the History of Insects, 1865, pp.364-365

Attachments

• Cowan, Frank - Curious Facts in the History of Insects, 1865, pp.364-365.pdf
    451.2 KB · Views: 6
#34 Ball Lightning in Shreveport , Louisiana, 1866
1866 Jul 07-4.JPG

Source: Brookling Daily Eagle (Brooklyn, NY) July 7, 1866, p.4

#36 One Explanation of Reported Showers of Toads.
Overview:

The frequent references in newspapers to occurrences of toads " have suggested to the author that a condition history of the spade-foot toad, a little-known and strictly species, living in the ground, might explain them more than that the little batrachians are picked up by the place and dropped in another, perhaps miles away, still more strange view quite common among the, toad-spawn is sucked up by the sun and hatched in clouds.

Source: Abbott, Charles Conrad. “One Explanation of Reported Showers of Toads.” Proceedings of the American Philosophical Society, vol. 43, no. 176, 1904, pp. 163–64

Attachments

• Abbott, Charles Conrad. “One Explanation of Reported Showers of Toads.” Proceedings of the Ame...pdf
    164.9 KB · Views: 9
#24 The Blood Rain Mystery
Overview:

DNA analysis of the famous blood rains of Kerala (India) and Sri Lanka (2013)

Source: Bast, Feliz - The Blood Rain Mystery, Dream 2047, (India) Vol.XIX, Nº3, pp.25-26, December 2016
Thanks you very much for this work! I note that Bast demonstrates that the blood rain in this case was a terrestrial species of algae, called Trentepholium, a species that was previously only known from Austria.

That makes this a very strange, but ultimately explicable event, despite earlier studies that suggested the blood rain was alien in nature, or even actual blood.

Thanks you very much for this work! I note that Bast demonstrates that the blood rain in this case was a terrestrial species of algae, called Trentepholium, a species that was previously only known from Austria.

That makes this a very strange, but ultimately explicable event, despite earlier studies that suggested the blood rain was alien in nature, or even actual blood.
The Red Rain Phenomenon of Kerala and its Possible Extraterrestrial Origin
Abstract:
A red rain phenomenon occurred in Kerala, India starting from 25th July 2001, in which the rainwater appeared coloured in various localized places that are spread over a few hundred kilometers inKerala. Maximum cases were reported during the first 10 days and isolated cases were found to occur for about 2 months. The striking red colouration of the rainwater was found to be due to the suspension of microscopic red particles having the appearance of biological cells. These particles have no similarity with usual desert dust. An estimated minimum quantity of 50,000 kg of red particles has fallen from the sky through red rain. An analysis of this strange phenomenon further shows that the conventional atmospheric transport processes like dust storms etc. cannot explain this phenomenon. The electron microscopic study.
On the other hand, considering the amount of matter precipitated in Kerala (50,000 kilograms), the amount of these small algae necessary to generate such a rain is incalculable. This fact beyond the red rain constitutes another mystery that should be analyzed to find an explanation.

Yes, that's one.
Bast's analysis dates from 2016, whereas Kumar's analysis is from 2006. Bast in his later study has managed to establish the terrestrial nature of the algae, although the mechanism itself remains a mystery.

Yes, that's one.
Bast's analysis dates from 2016, whereas Kumar's analysis is from 2006. Bast in his later study has managed to establish the terrestrial nature of the algae, although the mechanism itself remains a mystery.
The terrestrial origin of most strange rains is more than clear. Nowadays, with the possibility of analysis, it is much easier to identify them. In any case, it remains with a topic to investigate the reason for these strange meteorological conditions.

#37 Remarkable 5000 feet Height Monolith Undersea in Chili

Eastern_Utah_Advocate_1903_01_29_Page_1.jpg

19030129_  Eastern Utah Advocate_  monolito chile.jpg

Source: The Eastern Utah Advocate (Price, Utah), Vol.VI, Nº52, January 29, 1903, pp.2

Last edited:
Remarkable 5000 feet Height Monolith Undersea in Chili

View attachment 76392

View attachment 76391

Source: The Eastern Utah Advocate (Price, Utah), Vol.VI, Nº52, January 29, 1903, pp.2
There a lot of really interesting and intriguing stuff on this thread. Thanks for posting it all.

The 5000ft high undersea monolith..... how would they have known in 1903 that was 5000ft high?

There a lot of really interesting and intriguing stuff on this thread. Thanks for posting it all.

The 5000ft high undersea monolith..... how would they have known in 1903 that was 5000ft high?
Thank you very much for your words
One of the most widely adopted sounding machines was developed in 1802 by Edward Massey, a clockmaker from Staffordshire. The machine was designed to be fixed to a sounding lead and line. It featured a rotor which turned a dial as the lead sank to the sea floor. On striking the sea floor, the rotor would lock. Massey's sounding machine could then be hauled in and the depth could be read off the dials in fathoms. By 1811, the Royal Navy had purchased 1,750 of these devices: one for every ship in commission during the Napoleonic Wars.The Board of Longitude was instrumental in convincing the Royal Navy to adopt Massey's machine

The Challenger Expedition (conducted from December 1872 to May 1876) was the first to plumb the depths known today as the Challenger Deep. The first sounding was made on March 23, 1875, at station 225. The depth recorded at that time was 4,475 English fathoms (8,184 m), from two separate soundings.​

#38 A Shower of Snakes, Taylorville, Illinois, June 1869
Overview:

The great storm of last summer will be long remembered, in Illinois. The storm burst in its full fury at Taylorville about dark, and the rain fell in torrents. The wind was violent, and with intermissions blew in great strength from every direction. Several buildings were damaged, and young hickory trees actually twisted off by the wind. The growing crops were prostrated by the wind, and beaten into the ground by the rain and hail. But the most singular phenomenon, and one which was not vouchsafed to any other community, was a shower of snakes.​

Source: The Christian Pioneer, Vol.XXIV, 1870, pp.7-9

Attachments

• Shower of Snakes, The Christian Pioneer, Vol.XXIV, 1870, pp.7-9.pdf
    738.5 KB · Views: 5
#39 Showers of Fish and Two Showers of Serpents, Syria & Abyssinia, 1397
Overview:

The phenomenon of small fish faling from the clouds during heavy rains and thuncler storms, is more frequent in India than Ceylon, where it is rare. It is conjecturecl that they are drawn up from the sea by water spouts.
But in India live fresh water species are said to have been picked up alive after storms of rain. Query, were they not migratory fish. Dr. Buist in an article in the " Bombay Times," 1856 mentions many instances of this kind.​

Source: Suckling, Horatio John - Ceylon, a General Description of the Island, Historical,Physical, Statistical, Vol.II, 1876, pp.264-265

Attachments

• Suckling, Horatio John - Ceylon, a General Description of the Island, Historical,Physical, St...pdf
    375.2 KB · Views: 3
This April 25th (2024): like every year it rains fish in Yoro (Honduras).

https://cnnespanol.cnn.com/2024/04/25/pescadores-cielo-honduras-comercializan-lluvia-peces-orix/
(it's in spanish, by the righ button click on translate)

It's normal.
It could be a good opportunity for scientists to study the "whirlwinds that select fishes (frogs, tadpoles, etc.) by weight".
(I'm sure: Charles Fort is still laughing in his grave).
Is there ANY evidence that the fish actually fall? I'm not seeing it. Such fish rains are often assumed as a heavy rain is followed by a lot of fish about. Instead, the fish have moved via flooded channels and were eventually stranded by the receding waters. At this point, if it's "annual" then there is a good chance it's being manufactured or enhanced.

IMO, it's not that helpful for all this content to be in a random thread, the pieces should be put into their respective threads about the subjects that already exist where they are already being discussed.

Is there ANY evidence that the fish actually fall? I'm not seeing it. Such fish rains are often assumed as a heavy rain is followed by a lot of fish about. Instead, the fish have moved via flooded channels and were eventually stranded by the receding waters. At this point, if it's "annual" then there is a good chance it's being manufactured or enhanced.

IMO, it's not that helpful for all this content to be in a random thread, the pieces should be put into their respective threads about the subjects that already exist where they are already being discussed.
I'm sorry, it's difficult to read all the threads on all the forums, and their number is growing every day. Now I'm trying to look for the treadh where it's already been discussed, but I can't find it (even with *Yoro*).:(

In the meantime:

1) The question “Is there ANY evidence that the fish actually fail?” you can turn to “Is there ANY evidence that the fish actually DOESN'T fall?” Is there any "Scientific literature" or should we only rely on "Occam's razor"?
However this is not important. It does not matter. That's not the point.:)

2) Not having read the treadh in question, I wonder if this latest news was also reported (the one I reported was from twelve days ago).

The point is the method, the epistemology. If we want a perfect science, a simple reality, we must exclude exceptions, strange phenomena, tracing them back to something known. Isolate, circumscribe, explain with a hypothesis that satisfies "Occam's razor", and therefore exclude.It is the "damned" who make science exact, exhaustive and reassuring.
“Science may be described as the art of systematic over-simplification — the art of discerning what we may with advantage omit.” (Karl Popper)

Fort instead offers us another method: include everything! :crazy:
“We substitute acceptance for belief.” (“The Book of the Damned”)
We must gather the damned and make them march: “In this book, I assemble some of the data that I think are of the falsely and arbitrarily excluded. The date of the damned. I have gone into the outer darkness of scientific and philosophical transactions and proceedings, ultra-respectable, but covered with the dust of disregard. I have descended into journalism. I have come back with the quasi-souls of lost data.They will march.” (“The Book of the Damned”)

Abo ovo, going back to the beginning, in this treadh Fabio Picasso does the right thing: he makes very old damned march. Apparently the news I added is perhaps off topic because it was published twelve days ago, but it is also old news: “The lluvia de peces (lit. 'rain of fish'), also known as aguacero de pescado (lit. 'downpour of fish'), is a phenomenon that has been occurring yearly for more than a century in Yoro, Honduras, in which fish are said to fall from the sky”.
So IMHO the news could be here.
But obviously it is easier for fish to arrive from underground channels rather than from the sky, because there are no fish in the sky.:sbump:

"In Science, March 9, 1888, we read of a block of limestone, said to have fallen near Middleburgh, Florida. It was exhibited at the Sub-tropical Exposition, at Jacksonville. The writer, in Science, denies that it fell from the sky. His reasoning is:
There is no limestone in the sky;
Therefore this limestone did not fall from the sky.
Better reasoning I can not conceive of—because we see that a final major premise—universal—true—would include all things: that, then, would leave nothing to reason about—so then that all reasoning must be based upon "something" not universal, or only a phantom intermediate to the two finalities of nothingness and allness, or negativeness and positiveness."
("The Book of the Damned" , cap. 6)

I'm sorry, it's difficult to read all the threads on all the forums, and their number is growing every day. Now I'm trying to look for the treadh where it's already been discussed, but I can't find it (even with *Yoro*).:(

In the meantime:

1) The question “Is there ANY evidence that the fish actually fail?” you can turn to “Is there ANY evidence that the fish actually DOESN'T fall?” Is there any "Scientific literature" or should we only rely on "Occam's razor"?

2) Not having read the treadh in question, I wonder if this latest news was also reported (the one I reported was from twelve days ago).

The point is the method, the epistemology. If we want a perfect science, a simple reality, we must exclude exceptions, strange phenomena, tracing them back to something known. Isolate, circumscribe, explain with a hypothesis that satisfies "Occam's razor", and therefore exclude.It is the "damned" who make science exact, exhaustive and reassuring.
“Science may be described as the art of systematic over-simplification — the art of discerning what we may with advantage omit.” (Karl Popper)

Fort instead offers us another method: include everything! :crazy:
“We substitute acceptance for belief.” (“The Book of the Damned”)
We must gather the damned and make them march: “In this book, I assemble some of the data that I think are of the falsely and arbitrarily excluded. The date of the damned. I have gone into the outer darkness of scientific and philosophical transactions and proceedings, ultra-respectable, but covered with the dust of disregard. I have descended into journalism. I have come back with the quasi-souls of lost data.They will march.” (“The Book of the Damned”)

Abo ovo, going back to the beginning, in this treadh Fabio Picasso does the right thing: he makes very old damned march. Apparently the news I added is perhaps off topic because it was published twelve days ago, but it is also old news: “The lluvia de peces (lit. 'rain of fish'), also known as aguacero de pescado (lit. 'downpour of fish'), is a phenomenon that has been occurring yearly for more than a century in Yoro, Honduras, in which fish are said to fall from the sky”.
So IMHO the news could be here.
But obviously it is easier for fish to arrive from underground channels rather than from the sky, because there are no fish in the sky.:sbump:

"In Science, March 9, 1888, we read of a block of limestone, said to have fallen near Middleburgh, Florida. It was exhibited at the Sub-tropical Exposition, at Jacksonville. The writer, in Science, denies that it fell from the sky. His reasoning is:
There is no limestone in the sky;
Therefore this limestone did not fall from the sky.
Better reasoning I can not conceive of—because we see that a final major premise—universal—true—would include all things: that, then, would leave nothing to reason about—so then that all reasoning must be based upon "something" not universal, or only a phantom intermediate to the two finalities of nothingness and allness, or negativeness and positiveness."
("The Book of the Damned" , cap. 6)
First of all, I think your approach is excellent and your presentation is brilliant. In fact, the idea of publishing articles that are very little known and sometimes not recorded by Charles Fort, but that are from many hundreds of years ago. I have catalogs of events such as rains of blood, gelatinous materials, manna and all types of cereals and seeds. I have not set limits on the age or origin of the references. I have several Google Drives full of those records. I always thought about publishing a booklet with the title... as it was used before A Catalog of...... But to do this you need a little help, maybe you will find it in this forum.

:huh:
Well, it indeed DOES matter to many people, whereas a parade of unconfirmed reports actually doesn't get you far.

I was asking about this particular case of a yearly fish "fall". What is the value of a random tale if there nothing to back it up?

Anyway...Oooooookay.
I'm out. Not my scene.
(Not like I haven't done extensive work on fish falls or anything....:bored:)

Last edited:
Thank you for posting all of these reports, but as has been said it would be more useful if they were posted in the relevant thread where they already exist. It makes it easier to assess phenomena and will be of benefit to you to see the other reports that we already have.

There is a search facility, or if that doesn't help one of the mods can always help and point in the right direction.

Here is the thread asking for help in finding threads

https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/threadfinder-general-lost-threads-located.21261/

Many thanks.

Thank you for posting all of these reports, but as has been said it would be more useful if they were posted in the relevant thread where they already exist. It makes it easier to assess phenomena and will be of benefit to you to see the other reports that we already have.

There is a search facility, or if that doesn't help one of the mods can always help and point in the right direction.

Here is the thread asking for help in finding threads

https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/threadfinder-general-lost-threads-located.21261/

Many thanks.
Apologies but I don't understand where I should publish these reports, that's why I stopped doing so.This is the first time I participate in a forum.

Apologies but I don't understand where I should publish these reports, that's why I stopped doing so.This is the first time I participate in a forum.
Thanks for your understanding.

In a forum that has been going a long time a lot of topics will have their own threads and if people post all the relevant things in the appropriate thread it makes it easier to find posts on that topic. Think of it like a library where all the books on gardening are in the same bookcase rather than spread everywhere. When new books on gardening come in, it is better to put them in the same bookcase. When totally new things come in a new book case can be started, the same here.

For example we have a thread on ball lightning here

https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/ball-lightning.1716/

So new material on ball lightning can be placed in there.

If you can't find a place to place something we can help. Similarly if you find something in the wrong place we can help, there is a report button under each place, use this and say what the problem is and the mods will get a notification and we can deal with it, and if there is not a place for them then yes you can set one up.

I hope that helps and please continue with the old reports in the relevant places, they are good to see.

Many thanks.

Back