World Records (General; Miscellaneous)

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score
This Chinese woman has broken her own Guinness record for the world's longest eyelashes.

LongestLashes.jpg
Woman with the world’s longest eyelash breaks own record

You Jianxia (China) has held the record for the longest eyelash since 28 June 2016.

At that time, her eyelash measured 12.4 cm (4.88 in) and could be found on the upper eyelid of her left eye.

However, You Jianxia's eyelashes continued to grow over the years, and on 20 May 2021, it was confirmed that the new longest eyelash was 20.5 cm (8.0 in). ...

"I did visit medical professionals to find out why my eyelashes are longer than others people's eyelashes. The doctor couldn't explain this, and he felt it was really amazing.

"I also tried to find scientific reasons such as genes or something else. However, none of my family have long eyelashes like me, so it can't be explained." ...
FULL STORY: https://www.guinnessworldrecords.co...rlds-longest-eyelash-breaks-own-record-663474

EnolaGaia

Staff member
Reaction score
Two Egyptian siblings are affected by gigantism. Each of them has been recently certified as Guinness World Record holders.
Egyptian siblings claim five records including largest feet and hands

... {S}ome people are born with their talents and features and achieve recognition thanks to their incredible human form.

This is the case for siblings Mohamed and Huda Shehata (both Egypt). ...

With hands larger than a dinner plate, 34-year-old Mohamed has achieved the record title for the widest hand span on a living person (male) with 31.3 cm (12.32 in) on his left hand.

In addition, he also has the widest arm span on a living person (male) measuring a massive 250.3 cm (8 ft 2.5 in). ...

Huda, Mohamed's sister, has also had three record-breaking features confirmed:

Largest feet on a living person (female) - 33.1 cm (1 ft 1.02 in) on her right foot
Largest hands on a living person (female) - 24.3 cm (9.56 in) on her left hand
Widest arm span on a living person for a female - 236.3 cm (7 ft 8.4 in)

Both siblings live with their mother, Mrs. Rouhiy, in a small village 90 minutes outside the Egyptian capital, Cairo.

They are believed to have a benign tumour in their pituitary glands that causes an excess production of growth hormones. ....
FULL STORY: https://www.guinnessworldrecords.co...cords-including-largest-feet-and-hands-663739

EnolaGaia

Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure of the location
BROAD Group is a Chinese company. They've performed similar quick building erections in recent years. As to this particular 10-story project:
This high-rise building was assembled in 28 hours and 45 minutes in Changsha, China, using prefabricated building modules
SOURCE (With More Details): https://newatlas.com/architecture/broad-group-prefab-high-rise/

See Also: https://www.treehugger.com/10-story-apartment-building-assembled-in-one-day-5188972

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
Sad news.

A 28-year-old daredevil has died in the US state of Washington after crashing while trying to break the world record for the longest motorcycle ramp jump.

Officials said Alex Harvill died after an accident during a practice run on Thursday morning. He was planning to attempt the 351ft (107m) jump in front of spectators at the Moses Lake Airshow. A video of the incident shows his motorcycle landing shy of the intended target and crashing into a dirt mound.

Local newspaper, the Columbia Basin Herald, said Mr Harvill appeared to have been thrown over the handlebars and lost his helmet during the crash. Organisers of the Moses Lake Airshow originally said Harvill had been taken to hospital with injuries, but a spokesman from the local police later confirmed he had died.

"Our deepest sympathies go out to Alex's family, friends and loved ones," the Grant County Sheriff's Office said.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57525241

Peripart

Antediluvian
Reaction score
That must be a genetic abberation, im pretty sure most eyelashes dont continue to grow infinately

oh nononononononononono. Just No. STOP IT NOW and MAKE IT GO AWAY!

Exactly. Give her a prize, or a badge, or whatever she wants, but for the love of all that's good and right in the world, make them go away!

Kondoru

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Is there a world in which `Record Breaking Motorcycle Jump` doesnt equate to `SPLAT`??

Cant they do the Wall of Death like an old friend of mine?