• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Wrong Way Galaxy

Now my brian really hurts. I've just got home from my astronomy class and i'm still reeling from black-holes and things increasing in mass the further they travel etc.

Next term I'm taking flower arranging..........

There's that Brian again, but what does he think about this strange galaxy?:confused:

You know, I looked at that for ages and convinced myself that that was the right spelling...BTW I am the astronomy class dunce............

Really shows how everything that goes against conventional science is hidden from us all. Here they have discovery they say themselves could mean we'd have to rethink everything we kow about galaxies, and they publish it on a public homepage for people interested in space. What a cover up.

Like when you hear people talk about how it has been covered up that two particles can effect each other instantly, but it has been covered up because it defies Einsteins theories. Sheesh, look up any textbook on quantum mechanics and you'll find it.

Y'know, if you looked at it from the opposite side it'd be going the right way. :D

No it doesn't. It isn't about wether it rotates clock wise or anti clockwise. It is that it spirals in the opposite side of the arms.

Well, I bow to your obviously superior knowledge Xanatic. I keep forgetting not to post while you're on. Perhaps you didn't notice the "big grin" smiley. I hope you pay more attention to your spiralling galaxies!

Thank you :)

I did notice the smiley. I just thought you still meant it seriously. But that you just found it funny nobody had noticed it.

What, telling a joke and then people think you are serious and therefore find you weird? I know that one.

This can be explained in a very simple yet highly interesting way. A physisist recently said that nowhere in modern science does it say that you can't have parts of the universe running the wrong way in time. In other words, there's no reason why there shouldn't be parts of the universe in which time moves backwards. This might just be one of those parts.

I'm sure there is some weird part of thermodynamics to prevent that.

How long until it's labelled 'anomolous' and quietly forgotten about? :)

DerekH said:
How long until it's labelled 'anomolous' and quietly forgotten about? :)

Consider it done.

Surely, the most scientific explanation is that this galaxy is on the other side of the Universal Equator!

Now, where's my coat?

Lionheart said:
This can be explained in a very simple yet highly interesting way. A physisist recently said that nowhere in modern science does it say that you can't have parts of the universe running the wrong way in time. In other words, there's no reason why there shouldn't be parts of the universe in which time moves backwards. This might just be one of those parts.

Are you suggesting there could be worlds where you come back from the dead, grow ever younger, and then become unborn.:eek!!!!:

So now you think the astronomers will sweep this under the rug? Seems to me they just wouldn't have talked about it in the first place. Like when they tried to cover up that face on Mars thing by showing the photo in a NASA press release and remarking how much it looked like a face. Clearly there is a major cover up going on.

Back