• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Your Last Ever Cold

20 years ago I did find most of my colds would start with going down the pub on a warm evening wearing nothing over a t-shirt and then being very cold when I walked home late at night.

20 years ago I did find most of my colds would start with going down the pub on a warm evening wearing nothing over a t-shirt and then being very cold when I walked home late at night.
One thing I hated as a youngster was that one of my mates was one of these people who couldn't stay in the same pub for more than two drinks, unlike me who would gladly have stayed there all night (especially in winter).

We always had to be 'moving on' to the other pubs, (to return to the first one at the end of the night for a 'lock in').

Continually walking through the freezing cold and then entering and leaving a warm pub couldn't have been good for the body, not to mention that going from one temperature to the other made my face go a lovely shade of beetroot - which I hated to see in the mirror.

Back