• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Yvette Fielding Personal Wealth

colpepper1

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
According to Wikipedia Yvette Fielding's personal wealthy, courtesy of various spooky production companies - stands at £21m. That is truly scary.

colpepper1 said:
According to Wikipedia Yvette Fielding's personal wealthy, courtesy of various spooky production companies - stands at £21m. That is truly scary.
Well, she was a presenter on Blue Peter for a while, too.

Hmmm... Blue Peter, dodgy phone-ins, £21m... No - I can't see what you're driving at, PM... :?

WhistlingJack said:
Hmmm... Blue Peter, dodgy phone-ins, £21m... No - I can't see what you're driving at, PM... :?
Well, it seems obvious to me, anyway.

Everybody knows that Terry Wogan, Chris Moyle, Jonathan Ross, Jeremy Clarkson and the Blue Peter presenters are the really big players at the BBC, with fees to match. It's not that easy to drum up an attitude of innocent fun and enthusiasm, several times a week, for years and convey it to millions of young viewers, whilst living like a member of a monastic order. Yvette's personal fortune probably started there.

Isn't anybody concerned about where the TV Licence fee goes?

Alright. So, I'm being tong in cheek about the fees paid to Blue Peter presenters, but we are talking about the entertainment industry here. Fielding has obviously discovered and exploited a nice little gap in the market. Her skills as a Blue Peter presenter, exuding an air of surprise, innocence and fun, have obviously held her in good stead. ;)

Yvette and hubby Karl both own Antix Productions, which produce most haunted as well as at least 9 other programs, so I can image a production company of that size producing quite a healthy profit. Especially with the popularity of mh and its many spin offs.

"In 2008 Fielding and her husband Beattie formed a new company called Monster Pictures to operate the Paranormal Channel."

I confess to having seen Most Haunted twice. It seemed to be ultra low rent cable schlock that had somehow found a cult audience not for its core subject, but for the car crash nature of the presentation. Good luck to YF for riding that particular wave but another log on the pile that says nobody ever went broke underestimating the general public. Yer own channel seems the natural conclusion I suppose. We await Valerie Singleton's Bigfoot Bounty Hunt.

Now that, I would watch.

Upon what is this figure of £21million based? If it is what her business interests are supposed to be worth, it means nothing, this time last year Northern Rock was "worth" billions. Today it isn't worth a mouldy cat fart.

Whatever drawings she took from her company last year is what she should be valued at, and I doubt it was £21m. Wealth on paper is nothing, production companies, in particular, are worthless, they have no real physical assets. It doesn't matter how many deals they have in the pipeline, how many series they are contracted to make, all that could change in an instant and suddenly mean nothing (think Alan Partridge, desperately trying to get another TV series and having the exec die on him before he signed the paper). Loot in the bank, in the personal account, ready to be spent on, erm, stuff, is what counts, not alleged value of business interests.

I see that the original statement was found at that indisputable font of nonsense, Wikipedia. Ah, OK then.

Mind you, I'm sure Ms Fielding has made a pretty penny from her various projects, and I find myself mysteriously attracted to her..............

Back