• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Magic Money / Cash Apports: The Opposite Of Disappearing Coins

BouncingAyatollah said:
@rynner

As if our 'reality' resides within the ticks of a clock or slots of a cog, in-between which a netherworld exists where anything can and does manifest and unmanifest.

"Slots of a cog" may be apt: I had a "vision" of the gearing of the universe one evening while meditating. Fascinating and frightening. :shock:

Money doesn't seem to appear at our house; although it would be hard to tell given the holes in the pockets of my husband's jeans -- coins do fall to the floor. Of course, cats help with such events, too.

When I was a child, however, I found a pendant in my closet which belonged to no one I knew or my relatives knew. It seemed to be a harbinger of poor luck, however, so I wasn't too unhappy that it went away again.

Along a similar vein, if anyone has any ideas about how to get the auto to give my wedding ring back, I'll be glad to hear from you!

:D

@Elisheva
"Slots of a cog" may be apt: I had a "vision" of the gearing of the universe one evening while meditating. Fascinating and frightening.

I must admit these symbols were not my own.

I'd been reading DMT users' accounts, wherein several experienced cogs or gears (e.g. ripping/rending the fabric of reality)... or similarly Ferris Wheels etc.

I'd been also studying channeled transcripts from the Cassiopaea website in which some answers stated "Perceptions 'leap' into place according to markers in the eternally present continuum. [... these markers being ...] Experiential breaks in the perceptual realm of continuance." (my comments in [] )

Also, in a Babylon 5 episode (I'll get my anorak :lol:) Captain Sheridan had plunged into an abyss (no symbolism there?) and become stuck in a timeless state - described by the also present "First One" (the first existent being, Lorien) as being "between tick and tock". There Sheridan would remain until he decided whether he was closer to "tick" or closer to "tock". This played on my mind.

All these notions remained floating until I read ISOSC. Extremely interesting you have had a comparable experience yourself - I recall the cogs/wheels being similarly terrifying for the DMT experiencer!

BouncingAyatollah said:
I'd been reading DMT users' accounts,

Had to look up DMT. I see. Since the human brain produces DMT naturally, I wouldn't put it past my brain to do so.

BouncingAyatollah said:
Also, in a Babylon 5 episode (I'll get my anorak :lol:)

No need to leave: my husband and I watched all of Babylon 5 -- twice.

BouncingAyatollah said:
I recall the cogs/wheels being similarly terrifying for the DMT experiencer!

Yes, human souls were falling into the cogs. Not the best of visions.

@Elisheva
Had to look up DMT. I see. Since the human brain produces DMT naturally, I wouldn't put it past my brain to do so.

Oops. Sorry about this, on re-reading I've no idea why I said DMT apart from having also read some users' accounts of that. It was actually Salvia Divinorum experience I was reading about - I re-found one of the https://web.archive.org/web/20051212152414/http://www.sagewisdom.org/experienceca.html.

More accounts:
https://web.archive.org/web/20051126220956/http://www.sagewisdom.org/experiences.html

I should say I don't partake of any drugs except nicotine/caffeine, but I find the accounts fascinating.

Yes, human souls were falling into the cogs. Not the best of visions.

:shock: !!!

rynner said:
but a bomb was just discovered in the harbour here... (No online link found yet - could be one for Conspiracy!)

I'll be happy to stick with money appearing :D

Watching an old episode of Most Haunted just now, the crew are in a the cellar of the heavily-haunted Hodroyd Hall in Derbyshire where coins are being thrown at them.
They are running up and down the place shrieking with delight. :chuckle:

(Series 9, episode 4.)

"where coins are being thrown at them by a member of the crew"
I'm still ambivalent about this.

On the one hand we have the likes of the late Degsy who was caught out with his fake possessions and so on.
On the other, I know people who are personal friends of Yvette and Karl (they live locally to me though I don't know them) who swear the couple are genuinely interested in the spirit world and have been scared stiff by things they've witnessed.

We have threads on all this of course. :cool:

Also, I did once experience an apport myself and know others, including Techy, who have too.

Getting changed after swimming today, when I experienced some discomfort in the foot department. A shiny 5p piece was inside my sock. As i had been wearing them before the swim, taking them off and stuffing in boots which then go in to bag its a mini mystery where it could have come from.

Maybe its a reward for the extra lengths swum.

I started at Huddersfield University in September 1993. I couldn’t move into Halls as I lived to close to the University so instead I moved into a shared house with 3 other girls.

As I was unpacking my stuff I noticed a half penny coin on the floor near the door of my wardrobe. I found this a bit odd as these coins had gone out of circulation years before, and the room had been cleaned for my arrival. Never-the-less, I picked it up and keeping it as my lucky half penny I popped it on my shelf.

A few days later I came back from a lecture with one of my housemates. We walked into my room where I noticed my half penny back on the floor by the wardrobe door. Commenting on how strange this was that it had got back there, I picked it up and took it back to the shelf, but when I went to put it down I noticed my original half penny still sitting there. Laughing the weirdness of the situation off I gave it to my friend to have as her lucky penny and thought nothing of it until a few days later when I came back into my room and on the floor by the wardrobe door was a half penny! I took it to the shelf, mine was still there. I asked my friend if she still had hers, and yes, it was on her window sill where she had put it, so bizarrely we had yet another ½p coin! I gave it to one of my other housemates as her lucky ½ p and promised my 3rd house mate that if I found another one I would give it to her.

Unfortunately no other half pennies turned up in the house. It left me a bit puzzled as to where they had all come from. I checked in and around the wardrobe but couldn’t find where they would have possibly fallen from, and if they did fall it seems a bit odd that they always landed in the same spot by the wardrobe door!

A couple of other odd occurances happened in that house but nothing significant. The oven door flew open and then slammed shut one day when we were all in the kitchen, yet nowhere near the oven. That was a bit spooky and although we all laughed about it we all legged it out of the room. One of my house mates also saw 2 of her CDs fly across the room and hit the wall one evening, which scared the hell out of her but that was about all that happened, although none of us settled very well in the house and were glad to move to a new house for our second year at Uni!

These occurances are nothing compared to some of the fortean things mentioned on these pages but I thought I’d mention it all the same!
"One of my house mates also saw 2 of her CDs fly across the room and hit the wall one evening,..." -->> YIKES!!!

Just been doing the hoovering. Finished the living room, went to do part of the stairs. Came back into the living room and there was a 10p coin in the middle of the floor. If it had fallen out of the vacuum cleaner I would have seen it as I was walking behind it looking at the floor to ensure the carpet was clean...

Didn't know we had this thread but think I posted elsewhere about my brother suddenly finding £10 or £20 notes in his front yard, not long after he took custody of our dad's ashes. Needless to say, I took custody of them not long after and he still lives behind my freezer because covid happened then when we could all get back together again, we couldn't decide where to put him... He also had kitchen things vanishing. Nothing much has happened, here since he moved in under the stairs. I was always very obviously his favourite child so maybe he was playing up to get my bro to hand him over!

And son's flat - brand new building on the site of the children's ward of a now demolished hospital - where things, metal and non metal, vanish then reappear with some regularity. One I remember was his tin opener (so, metal) that he knew where he put it down, it vanished and he turned the kitchen upside down to find it - no joy - bought another then a while later, original reappeared (IIRC, on a surface in plain sight which is where he had left it weeks before...) This was the son who doesn't believe in ghosts which made it funnier.

But maybe the most relevant one is the house opposite our's where I grew up, where some of my best childhood friends lived, once a 19thC farm building but by the 1970s was the village shop. I was in and out of that house and shop all day every day for several years and my friends' parents became my parent's closest friends so we saw eachother constantly, spoke a lot and I was there with them, a few times when Something Happened. So this wasn't just being reported thirdhand. That was often metallic things - spoons, knives, coins - and again, the vanishing and reappearing and it happened so frequently it may have been a factor in them moving out, suddenly to a new build in a nearby town, never to return. It seemed to really unsettle the adults but us kids thought it was cool and sort of fun.

The people who bought the house were outsiders from the village and very unfriendly, so we never got close enough to them to find out if the apports and weird stuff continued to happen. It did seem a really unhappy house, though - we could often hear them shouting. Maybe they thought that stuff was being stolen from them by eachother! If they'd been friendlier, someone would have told them "No, it's just the house..."

Last edited:
Finding Coins: I guess we all find the loose change now and then but IF it sort of connects to an incident that makes the discovery meaningful, we tend to recall those coins we find.
One Incident: I was out on my morning walk and stopped at a 7-11 to get a bottle of water. I had what I thought was enough change to pay for it. But I'd miscalculated the tax evidently and was 2 cents short. The clerk graciously told me not to worry about it. (There was no "Leave One take One" saucer on the counter.) So I thanked her, told her "If I find any pennies, I'll come back and pay you the rest!" and went on with my walk. At the end of the block, where I usually concluded the circuit and turned back to head home, I spotted 10 neatly stacked pennies on a curb. No one was around. I picked them up and when i got back to the 7-11, I gave the clerk the shortage.
Another Incident: Another walk. My sister and I often noted finding coins after our father died. One morning, after discussing this with her via phone, I found about 60 pennies laying in the grass near a park on my morning walk.
I've never found stacked coins or that much loose change since.
These incidents would have been about 2015-16 or so.

Back