• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Hi oldrover. Rosemary Fleay-Thomson recounts the expedition in the Thylacine Museum website. History: Expeditions and Searches (page 7). It's also mentioned in Col Bailey's Shadow of the Thylacine (in chapter 3 I think it was).

Hi oldrover. Rosemary Fleay-Thomson recounts the expedition in the Thylacine Museum website. History: Expeditions and Searches (page 7). It's also mentioned in Col Bailey's Shadow of the Thylacine (in chapter 3 I think it was).

Cheers Tiigerific. I haven't read that part of the Thylacine Museum for ages. I'll have a look.

Possible Tasmanian wolf caught on camera trap in Ellendale Tasmania.

http://www.wherelightmeetsdark.com....n-tiger-(thylacine)/ellendale-thylacine-2016/

This still photo would be a lot more exciting if it didn't so closely (and suspiciously ... ) match the figure in the historical photo (cf. the 'Stop Press' inset at the top of the webpage).

I'm willing to await the actual video before reaching any conclusions, but I can't say I'll be holding my breath ...

Well, nurtz. But I hope, somehow, it's the real thing. One in a million coincidence????

This still photo would be a lot more exciting if it didn't so closely (and suspiciously ... ) match the figure in the historical photo (cf. the 'Stop Press' inset at the top of the webpage).

I'm willing to await the actual video before reaching any conclusions, but I can't say I'll be holding my breath ...

Agree, but l hope to God l am wrong...............

The video on that page had one still image and a voice that was so distorted that no words could be distinguished.
Waste of time, I think.

Oh well better luck next time. Anybody have anything new on the attempt at cloning?

I'm thankful someone immediately recognized the figure from an old still photo. We could have been wasting weeks or months on this ...

Oh well better luck next time. Anybody have anything new on the attempt at cloning?

No. But I know they've now got the complete genome.

As I may have said before, I asked the guy who started the project about the hormonal regulation and how they'd get over that, I don't think it'll be anytime soon.

Nobody seems to know who was behind this as yet, but I quite enjoyed it. I like a hoax.

What may not be known here is that the picture originally brought to attention (outside of Youtube) over on 'Thylacineman's' FB page (the same man who led to the identification of the Mullins photo which surfaced in April). And was debunked (by a friend of mine called Dean), over on the 'Thylacine Open Debate and Discussion Page', after the WLMD link was posted there.

After that debunking had been taken up by the WLMD site, the hoaxers countered with two more images. There was further discussion there about those two newer photos, discussion of which over on the Thylacine Discusion page played out like spot the picture where this/that leg/back etc came from competition.

Today, the whole Youtube account has been taken down.

When you're as sick as I am of seeing mangy fox videos someone taking the time to actually use a thylacine in their hoax was a refreshing change.

The trouble is, that either this hoax was a knowing joke at the expense of the general Youtube audience, or they'd completely misjudged just how well studied these photos are. There are people who spend a very long time looking at them in extreme detail to try and identify individuals. It really wasn't going to work. That said I doubt I'd have picked up the first of them.

Can somebody please explain, why these people hoax, what are they trying to achieve?
I have no idea.
For some, it's because they're promoting a book or getting advertising revenue from the videos.

Can somebody please explain, why these people hoax, what are they trying to achieve?

This isn't the only hoax this week. The idiot behind the fox videos was sending abusive messages and signing them as someone else, someone completely innocent but known to the recipient of the messages. There's a lot of venom in the thylacine circuit Andy, perhaps that was behind it or maybe it was just someone having a laugh. Either way we shouldn't really be expecting to see a live thylacine caught on film now.

But wouldn't it be wonderful if we did. Hoaxers just make things more difficult to believe when, occasionly, the real thing occurs.

Here we go again.

Here's what I think of that...fake.

See the background? It doesn't move. There's no sense of ambient light and air that you would find outside. It's either in a studio or composited in a video app.

The stripy 'fur' is being moved about in front of a flat surface and casts a shadow that is inconsistent with the background. It's as if it's being cast onto a flat surface rather than onto the multiple uneven surfaces of a forest.

See the background? It doesn't move. There's no sense of ambient light and air that you would find outside. It's either in a studio or composited in a video app.

The stripy 'fur' is being moved about in front of a flat surface and casts a shadow that is inconsistent with the background. It's as if it's being cast onto a flat surface rather than onto the multiple uneven surfaces of a forest.

I don't really know about that sort of thing, but honestly if this was hoaxed it's so clearly not a thylacine it seems a mad endeavour to have done so. But then, Mr W has got a history of those.

I think whether it's been added onto a background or not, what that film shows is the arse end of a tabby cat.

I've got to get my computer upgraded to a 10. I couldn't get the video to play. Dang, but I wish somebody could get the real thing.

I've got to get my computer upgraded to a 10. I couldn't get the video to play. Dang, but I wish somebody could get the real thing.

It's just crap Brig, you aren't missing out on anything.

Brig, you seem to have an interest in the tiger, in which case I'd suggest you join this group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ThylacineDebate/

If you're on Facebook. There are lot of very well informed people on there, many of whom are far less pessimistic than I am. Plus there have been several guest speakers for want of a better phrase, including Mike Archer, and Nick Mooney.

A few of us here are there.

I guess it's just the romance of the thing. I'm also gung ho for the Mammoth. Maybe I just hate to see the past disappear. When you approach 80 these things just seem important for some reason. I'm not on Facebook. I've considered it.

Yes, the shadow is obvious. Terrible.

This is getting blooming annoying, they are not even good hoaxes........where does this one originate from l wonder?

This is getting blooming annoying, they are not even good hoaxes........where does this one originate from l wonder?

It's Waters again. Did you see the good ones recently where they photoshopped some old Sandy Bay shots into a wild background.

Hoaxsters think they are being very clever. They are only showing themselves as idiots. Plus the fact they make legitimate evidence more difficult to come by or accept.

Back