• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Solar Eclipse: A Chance to Glimpse Lizardman & Bigfoot?

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Agencies advise on possible 'Lizard Man,' 'Bigfoot' sightings in South Carolina during eclipse
Amid the solar eclipse's hype, which will bring millions of visitors to dozens of events happening across the state this month, here's one thing you probably haven't prepared for: a supernatural encounter.

Luckily, several government agencies have been ahead of the game, already highlighting on social media the possibility of paranormal activity as the sky goes dark mid-afternoon on Aug. 21.

And with the Carolinas' history of "Lizard Man" and "Bigfoot" sightings, residents should be aware of the possibilities.

At least the South Carolina Emergency Management Division thinks so.

The agency tweeted a graphic Wednesday, "regarding possible paranormal activity" occurring during the solar

"SCEMD does not know if Lizardmen become more active during a solar eclipse," the agency explains. "But we advise that residents of Lee and Sumter counties should remain ever vigilant."

Continued with pictures and maps:
http://www.postandcourier.com/news/...cle_2388dc18-7d26-11e7-8ad8-33c9facf5e5f.html

I like their sunsquatch map: a map of the U.S. that shows purported sasquatch sightings that fall within the zone of ecliptical totality. What a resource!

Agencies advise on possible 'Lizard Man,' 'Bigfoot' sightings in South Carolina during eclipse
Amid the solar eclipse's hype, which will bring millions of visitors to dozens of events happening across the state this month, here's one thing you probably haven't prepared for: a supernatural encounter.

Luckily, several government agencies have been ahead of the game, already highlighting on social media the possibility of paranormal activity as the sky goes dark mid-afternoon on Aug. 21.

And with the Carolinas' history of "Lizard Man" and "Bigfoot" sightings, residents should be aware of the possibilities.

At least the South Carolina Emergency Management Division thinks so.

The agency tweeted a graphic Wednesday, "regarding possible paranormal activity" occurring during the solar

"SCEMD does not know if Lizardmen become more active during a solar eclipse," the agency explains. "But we advise that residents of Lee and Sumter counties should remain ever vigilant."

Continued with pictures and maps:
http://www.postandcourier.com/news/...cle_2388dc18-7d26-11e7-8ad8-33c9facf5e5f.html

I like their sunsquatch map: a map of the U.S. that shows purported sasquatch sightings that fall within the zone of ecliptical totality. What a resource!

I saw a, Sasquatch once. Hope it never happens again. If it does it'll be too soon.

When they say, Lizard men, do you think they are referring to Reptilians?

I saw a, Sasquatch once. Hope it never happens again. If it does it'll be too soon.

When they say, Lizard men, do you think they are referring to Reptilians?

See the article at the link posted for details of the creature to which they are referring.

See the article at the link posted for details of the creature to which they are referring.

It might be my privacy settings or maybe my browser security, but I'm getting a prompt quite often that says "not available in my area" or just blanked out pages. Sorry if it seemed like I was being lazy or not reading the OP properly.

It might be my privacy settings or maybe my browser security, but I'm getting a prompt quite often that says "not available in my area" or just blanked out pages. Sorry if it seemed like I was being lazy or not reading the OP properly.

Odd.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The "Lizard Man" was first spotted in 1988 by Christopher Davis, a then 17-year-old Lee County resident, according to previous Post and Courier reports.

Davis was driving around 2 a.m. one summer morning, when he got a flat tire near Scape Ore Swamp. After he finished changing it, he claimed a "red-eyed devil" appeared about 30-yards away. Davis was able to get into his car and drive as the alleged creature jumped on the roof. He threw the thing off, but said that it was able to keep up with the car at speeds up to 40 mph.

Davis's story gathered international attention and reported "Lizard Man" sightings continued up to as recently as 2015, according to a story by The State newspaper. Even two police officers said they were convinced "something is out there" after having an alleged encounter about a month after Davis's experience.

Odd.

The "Lizard Man" was first spotted in 1988 by Christopher Davis, a then 17-year-old Lee County resident, according to previous Post and Courier reports.

Davis was driving around 2 a.m. one summer morning, when he got a flat tire near Scape Ore Swamp. After he finished changing it, he claimed a "red-eyed devil" appeared about 30-yards away. Davis was able to get into his car and drive as the alleged creature jumped on the roof. He threw the thing off, but said that it was able to keep up with the car at speeds up to 40 mph.

Davis's story gathered international attention and reported "Lizard Man" sightings continued up to as recently as 2015, according to a story by The State newspaper. Even two police officers said they were convinced "something is out there" after having an alleged encounter about a month after Davis's experience.

It is odd. All it would show me was the first sentence. Then it went on to other topic titles.

Thank you for posting the rest. I seem to recall hearing this story in the past. Maybe I read it on AH. Definitely not a Reptilian.

Clearly that warning is flawed. There are no such creatures as lizard men in the Carolinas. Just another crypotozoology myth exploited by a mischievous teenager for the purpose of attention.

If one wishes to see lizard men they need to travel to New Mexico.

Clearly that warning is flawed. There are no such creatures as lizard men in the Carolinas. Just another crypotozoology myth exploited by a mischievous teenager for the purpose of attention.

If one wishes to see lizard men they need to travel to New Mexico.

Maybe they commute. It's not as if they need a passport. :D

Maybe they commute. It's not as if they need a passport. :D

Ask David Icke he would know how they move around....The sightings appear to be confined to Lee and Sumter Counties I am about 100 miles from them so I guess there will be no lizard men for me....Sh-t!

He might at that, but he'd spend fourteen hours answering you and explaining how it's a single reflective shard of the grand scheme.

Probably...He never would answer Ventura in the interview below he got up and left.

He might at that, but he'd spend fourteen hours answering you and explaining how it's a single reflective shard of the grand scheme.

That was funny.

It would have been even funnier if you had spelled it as fourtean.

Odd.

Lizard men may lurk about in swamps in America but here in Britain they live in palaces and travel by horse drawn coaches.

Lizard men may lurk about in swamps in America but here in Britain they live in palaces and travel by horse drawn coaches.

I do hope that you are not referring to Her Majesty Elizabeth the Second, by the Grace of God of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and of Her other Realms and Territories Queen, Head of the Commonwealth, Consumer of Rodents, Defender of the Faith.

Michael you should be able to see the article without any problems. Werhe are

Try again Michael59. You're in the US right? You should be able to see this without any issues.

I do hope that you are not referring to Her Majesty Elizabeth the Second, by the Grace of God of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and of Her other Realms and Territories Queen, Head of the Commonwealth, Consumer of Rodents, Defender of the Faith.

Aww, ol' Lizzie Windsor. I know her well. Not personally. She came to Toronto the day I was born, (I'm first generation Canadian) she is why my middle name is Elizabeth. :)

Edit to add: My Mom's gone, but for some reason I can hear her right now, with her strong Aberdeen accent saying, :mad: "Stop saying, she! She, is the cat's mother!":mad:

Last edited:
Michael you should be able to see the article without any problems. Werhe are

Try again Michael59. You're in the US right? You should be able to see this without any issues.

Thanks, Gambeir.

Close, but I'm across the boarder in Canada. I think my tech issues are multi-layered. I'm getting bye though. :)

She may be a lizard but she's a British lizard by jove...well with a bit of German but nobody's perfect.

Queen E-Lizard-Beth? :D

A bit off topic...but I wish someone in my family would travel with me to see the solar eclipse...I live in northwest IN only about a 4- 5 hour drive from the band in southern Illinois. But none of my friends or family care about it. It's on a workday and they can't be bothered to take the day off.
:(

Thanks, Gambeir.

Close, but I'm across the boarder in Canada. I think my tech issues are multi-layered. I'm getting bye though. :)

I'm asking because you see because I can relate to your issues. Now there's this other creature whome lurks about, from time, in my house, and sometimes it goes places where the devil lives. Now of course this is asking for trouble, but this creature is childlike and cannot comprehend the manner of this machine on which I'm typing, nor the one sitting in the driveway. Sometimes I think it is a devil, but then I realize that, no, it's just innocent and bit naive.

So you see the creatures mind is faulty. It's reasoning is unsound and defective as it's not fully developed, probably never will be given how old it is, but which in any case does take us back to the entire point of your issues, which is to remember that in the far flung reaches of the internet, there be dragons. Now my creature likes to try to capture dragons for the greater part and this is often a problem.

So yesterday a minor dragon was on the machine so I ran a couple programs. Maybe you're aware of these already.

Go here https://www.malwarebytes.com/
under products go here https://www.malwarebytes.com/products/
Where it says home select the right operating system you're using.
Download malwarebytes for your operating system. Windows, Mac, or other.

Go back again to the products page. Scroll down to where it says for
For technicians and download Adwarecleaner & Junkware Removal Tool
Run the adwarecleaner first. Probably solve your issues alone.
If that doesn't clean it up, then run the Junkware removal tool.

Neither of them will take more than a few minutes. Reboot afterwards.

I keep all their free programs downloaded in file marked Malwarebytes.
Only run the other programs after you do a little reading on what they do.

A bit off topic...but I wish someone in my family would travel with me to see the solar eclipse...I live in northwest IN only about a 4- 5 hour drive from the band in southern Illinois. But none of my friends or family care about it. It's on a workday and they can't be bothered to take the day off.

We thought about making the drive down to Oregon so as be victims as well, but ya know the highways are gonna be packed with others doing the same thing, and it will take several hours and then there's the cost in fuel. So we decided that we just sit home. If it's not overcast we should see a partial eclipse.

I can sympathize Dr. Wu but ya know, just make a day of it for yourself. Take some food and drink, plan your route, and make some maps of other spots you might want to stop at on your way back. Let the highways digest the fleeing afterwards is the idea, and then make your way back.

A shame!
I remember the total eclipse visible in the South West UK in 1999.
I took a day off work, drove from Hampshire to Cornwall, slept in my car overnight, watched the eclipse around 11:00 (sadly a bit cloudy, but still utterly stunning) and then drove back just in time to play cricket in Hampshire at 18:00.

Absolutely exhausting, but worth every minute!

I'm asking because you see because I can relate to your issues. Now there's this other creature whome lurks about, from time, in my house, and sometimes it goes places where the devil lives. Now of course this is asking for trouble, but this creature is childlike and cannot comprehend the manner of this machine on which I'm typing, nor the one sitting in the driveway. Sometimes I think it is a devil, but then I realize that, no, it's just innocent and bit naive.

So you see the creatures mind is faulty. It's reasoning is unsound and defective as it's not fully developed, probably never will be given how old it is, but which in any case does take us back to the entire point of your issues, which is to remember that in the far flung reaches of the internet, there be dragons. Now my creature likes to try to capture dragons for the greater part and this is often a problem.

So yesterday a minor dragon was on the machine so I ran a couple programs. Maybe you're aware of these already.

Go here https://www.malwarebytes.com/
under products go here https://www.malwarebytes.com/products/
Where it says home select the right operating system you're using.
Download malwarebytes for your operating system. Windows, Mac, or other.

Go back again to the products page. Scroll down to where it says for
For technicians and download Adwarecleaner & Junkware Removal Tool
Run the adwarecleaner first. Probably solve your issues alone.
If that doesn't clean it up, then run the Junkware removal tool.

Neither of them will take more than a few minutes. Reboot afterwards.

I keep all their free programs downloaded in file marked Malwarebytes.
Only run the other programs after you do a little reading on what they do.

Much appreciated, Gambeir. Thank you.

I was watching a solar eclipse a couple of years ago and nearby was a group of students. When it was over one said "Oh is that it? I thought it would have made some sort of noise."

That's hilarious. :D Was she blonde?

Back