• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Hunt For 'Satanists' After Bizarre Ritual Discovered In New Forest

l did once deal with a teenage druggy who had a “black magic altar” in his squalid pad, complete with dead hedgehog adornment. l felt, however, that this was more about impressing susceptible girls than actual contact with the Prince of Darkness.
I never knew girls are impressed by dead hedgehogs. Now I know where I was going wrong. I had a dead stoat.

There's a noticeable lack of discarded cheap beer cans and bottles though.......
Teenagers. Especially if around the age of 13/14, slightly harder for them to come by alcohol. So yep, police want to look for a group of about three teenagers, probably boys because girls tend to get nervous about being in woods at night, although they may have gone along with their 'boyfriends', Year 9, who had biology yesterday but don't do geography and aren't Scouts or orienteers.

Yours truly - Poirot.

I think the concensus would have to be that only an ignoramus would mistake (or use) a trig point as an altar.
I don't know, it's a handy height, and placed near an ancient monument, and probably has good views over the surrounding area. Certainly easier than bringing your own altar.

I don't know, it's a handy height, and placed near an ancient monument, and probably has good views over the surrounding area. Certainly easier than bringing your own altar.
But, if it's like the ones we have round here, there are grooves in the top. You'll never get the blood out!

But, if it's like the ones we have round here, there are grooves in the top. You'll never get the blood out!
Considering they left the hearts behind, that presumably wasn't a major concern. I'm not big on rituals, but I have seen that the Maya of Guatemala sacrifice turkeys, chickens etc. and smear the blood over a big cross, using it as a glue to stick feathers to it, so it has certain benefits for those so inclined.

Typical bloody Satanists then. Never think of others, like the poor cleaner who has to get the blood stains out, sweep up the entrails, polish the manicles............

Some Trig points are Listed, I believe.

(Ill look some up)

But not all, I dont know about this one.

And I doubt it would be a crime if got a bit mucky that would wash off in the rain.

I wonder if the hearts had been cooked? Maybe the culprits were going for a candle lit midnight feast and got spooked by something and then left in a hurry.

I know a certain thing about Trig points but really not of their occult function.

Except, of course, they tend to be at the highest local point.

What about the ones on churches or tall buildings?

I wonder if the hearts had been cooked? Maybe the culprits were going for a candle lit midnight feast and got spooked by something and then left in a hurry.
Urgh. I tried, in the spirit of economy, to cook a heart once.

It was disgustingly tough. It may have tasted delicious, but my fork just kept bouncing off and I took that as a sign. The dogs loved it, though.

:rollingw: did you get to flex your deadpan snark in your reports? A loss if you weren't allowed. :oldm:

I don't think it would have featured in my paperwork. For some reason, my Force was far more concerned about people dealing in & consuming illegal drugs than it was about the proper disposal of hedgehog remains. Hard to believe, eh?

maximus otter

I don't think it would have featured in my paperwork. For some reason, my Force was far more concerned about people dealing in & consuming illegal drugs than it was about the proper disposal of hedgehog remains. Hard to believe, eh?

maximus otter

Shocking! Won't somebody think of the hoglets????????

maximus otter
There's no truth in the rumour that dried hedgehog spines can be ground up and snorted then?

For some reason, my Force was far more concerned about people dealing in & consuming illegal drugs than it was about the proper disposal of hedgehog remains. Hard to believe, eh?

IMG-20230125-WA0001.jpg

I read about this yesterday . Regarding if a crime has been committed , maybe not leaving hearts on an makeshift altar. Killing farmers animals and people's pets is though. The local village church has had dead cats on a pole "swinging horribly", dead sheep with sprayed on Instagram , and much of the same. These incidents go back 3 years now.
The article inferred that the hearts may have been cut out out of livestock and not bought from a butcher.

I believe it's not proper cultists but some sick teen edgelord working alone or in a small group. The local vicar thinks it's "witchcraft".

Urgh. I tried, in the spirit of economy, to cook a heart once.

It was disgustingly tough. It may have tasted delicious, but my fork just kept bouncing off and I took that as a sign. The dogs loved it, though.
I love heart ... but it takes delicate cooking. Slow and low roasting, stuffed. Very lean meat and should be easy to slice.

I too question why Satanists and/or witchcraft is brought in as suspect. Ignorance and biases showing. Kind of limits the investigation.

I would be concerned if the perpetrators killed the animals. Though, then you would expect reports from farmers that they were missing pigs or had dead ones, with at least a heart missing.

Otherwise, buying a couple of hearts from a butcher is not a crime.

Back