• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

People Who Just Disappear (Go Missing)

I'll have to tell the millions of delivery blokes, cyclists, lorry drivers and motorbikers that do it round here then! I suppose it's because we're rural and they think they won't be seen - that and the fact that there aren't any public toilets for MILES.
There does have to be a report or complaint about it.

My ex managed to do it next to a workingmen's club side door at kicking-out time.
Patrons were NOT amused. :rofl:

He had to turn up for sentencing - in a town 70-odd miles away - and was fined £5 for urinating in public. Prat. :chuckle:

His excuse was that as he was drunk and couldn't find a toilet he'd done the decent thing and found a dark alley. Heroic, really. :dunno:

I'll have to tell the millions of delivery blokes, cyclists, lorry drivers and motorbikers that do it round here then! I suppose it's because we're rural and they think they won't be seen - that and the fact that there aren't any public toilets for MILES.
Let’s be honest - when you’ve gotta go, you’ve gotta go. Your’re not going to piss in your vehicle are you..

Let’s be honest - when you’ve gotta go, you’ve gotta go. Your’re not going to piss in your vehicle are you..
Sarah Millican did, she owned up to it on an episode of Would I Lie to You!!! Caught short in a long traffic jam she just moved over to the passenger side and then took the car to be valetted the next day and blamed it on a dog! Apparently she'd already tried to widen an empty coke bottle with a pair of tweezers but just made a jagged edge so decided she'd rather risk shame than injury! :)

Ladies can make a functional SheWee-type device from a large bleach bottle.
The secret is to choose the style of bottle with an integrated handle on the side. Attention to the cut edges is crucial; they can be dulled with the application of a lighter flame.

I cobbled some up a few years ago for a girls' cross-country trip. Sent them on their way, had good reports. :cool:

The secret is to choose the style of bottle with an integrated handle on the side. Attention to the cut edges is crucial; they can be dulled with the application of a lighter flame.

I cobbled some up a few years ago for a girls' cross-country trip. Sent them on their way, had good reports. :cool:
Your ingenuity knows no bounds, Skargy!

That's fine for men but trickier for women.

Oh, yes. I refer my learned friends to an experience of mine referenced in the New Ways to Die thread (post#71):

It does sound like an urban myth. But I almost found myself in this very situation when cycling alongside the Water of Leith in Edinburgh, towards Roseburn, in the dark - and somewhat more than slightly the worse for wear. I was a little disappointed when it became obvious that the two conjoined orbs floating a couple of foot above the path, softly glowing in the intermittent moonlight afforded by the cloud scudded night sky, were, upon hazardously closer inspection, not of supernatural origin.

When it actually dawned on me what it was I was looking at the only way I could think of stopping in time was to fall off my bike.

I leave it to the individual to deduce the rest of the circumstances involved.

Oh, yes. I refer my learned friends to an experience of mine referenced in the New Ways to Die thread (post#71):

I leave it to the individual to deduce the rest of the circumstances involved.
In Forty Years Of Murder, autobiography of pioneering pathologist Professor Keith Simpson, there's a chapter entitled 'Raped By A Bicycle' which describes such an incident.

(I one mentioned it on'ere and was summarily reported to t'mods for suggesting that a certain poster had perpetrated similar. What? :dunno: )

How would they be able to run with that between their legs?

Woman vanishes on yoga retreat but other yogis 'Silent and refusing to help'

A woman has mysteriously vanished while on a yoga retreat but fellow participants have disturbingly refused to help and remained silent for weeks, in a chilling mystery.

0_nbc2JPG.jpg

The FBI is now involved in the case of missing Nancy Ng, whose fellow travellers on her Guatemalan retreat have not provided any information to investigators and may have even returned to the US, leaving her still being missing, it is claimed. Questions are being raised regarding the mysterious circumstances of the disappearance of the 29-year-old yoga practitioner and “healer”, who left her home in California, on October 14, to attend the week-long trip at Lake Atitlan.

Her family stopped hearing from their daughter just five days later, on October 19. Furthermore, the retreat organiser told the family that they couldn't find Nancy, and her fellow retreat attendees failed to give any details about the day she disappeared.

The FBI confirmed that their officials are working closely with the Guatemalan government, which remains the lead agency on the investigation.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/us-news/woman-vanishes-yoga-retreat-yogis-31379447

maximus otter

Woman vanishes on yoga retreat but other yogis 'Silent and refusing to help'

A woman has mysteriously vanished while on a yoga retreat but fellow participants have disturbingly refused to help and remained silent for weeks, in a chilling mystery.

0_nbc2JPG.jpg

The FBI is now involved in the case of missing Nancy Ng, whose fellow travellers on her Guatemalan retreat have not provided any information to investigators and may have even returned to the US, leaving her still being missing, it is claimed. Questions are being raised regarding the mysterious circumstances of the disappearance of the 29-year-old yoga practitioner and “healer”, who left her home in California, on October 14, to attend the week-long trip at Lake Atitlan.

Her family stopped hearing from their daughter just five days later, on October 19. Furthermore, the retreat organiser told the family that they couldn't find Nancy, and her fellow retreat attendees failed to give any details about the day she disappeared.

The FBI confirmed that their officials are working closely with the Guatemalan government, which remains the lead agency on the investigation.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/us-news/woman-vanishes-yoga-retreat-yogis-31379447

maximus otter
I read a brief piece about this in the Guatemalan press yesterday (Prensa Libre) but didn't pay much attention because I was looking for something else; I did think it unusual that the FBI were there.

Last edited:
People vanish every day and are never seen or heard from again,I heard a statistic the other day that there’s over 4000 Jane & John doe’s found every year in the states and over half a million go missing (the vast majority eventually turn up alive and well).

People vanish every day and are never seen or heard from again,I heard a statistic the other day that there’s over 4000 Jane & John doe’s found every year in the states and over half a million go missing (the vast majority eventually turn up alive and well).
Half a million?

I'm not doubting, it's just a shocking figure. I think it works out at 0.0015% of the population (about 1/6 of a percent, or thereabouts). In the UK, it's put at 170,000 people going missing each year, although reckoned to be under-reported, against a total population of just over 67 million, or 0.0025% (about 1/4 of a percent), so roughly comparable.

I'm not doubting, it's just a shocking figure. I think it works out at 0.0015% of the population (about 1/6 of a percent, or thereabouts). In the UK, it's put at 170,000 people going missing each year, although reckoned to be under-reported, against a total population of just over 67 million, or 0.0025% (about 1/4 of a percent), so roughly comparable.
Lot of huge expanses of nothing over here,makes you wonder how many end up in shallow graves,I went to “murder mountain” in NorCal in February and you can’t help but wonder when your there.

Lot of huge expanses of nothing over here,makes you wonder how many end up in shallow graves,I went to “murder mountain” in NorCal in February and you can’t help but wonder when your there.
Obviously less vast expanses of nothing in the UK, however it is surprising how remote some of our countryside is, and the same thing occurs to me when I'm out hiking sometimes, across remote woodland or farmland.

Obviously less vast expanses of nothing in the UK, however it is surprising how remote some of our countryside is, and the same thing occurs to me when I'm out hiking sometimes, across remote woodland or farmland.
There was a case recently in the UK,Nigerian guy dead in a hedge in a street,he had vanished three years before,he had lain in a street without being noticed for three whole years.

Years ago I mentioned the figures concerning how many people disappear every year and was laughed at as a 'conspiracy nut' (for want of a better phrase).

There was a case recently in the UK,Nigerian guy dead in a hedge in a street,he had vanished three years before,he had lain in a street without being noticed for three whole years.
From the website of the Northampton Chronicle & Echo, published 31 July 2019:

Northampton man 'likely' to have died under hedge while hiding from knife-wielding attackers

A Northampton man whose body was found under a hedge three years after he disappeared likely hid there to escape attackers wielding a "foot-long knife".

The skeleton of Adeyemi Olugbuyi, 31, was found by litter pickers in January 2016 in Thorplands after he was reported missing September 2013.

He was last seen running from a group of men who reportedly brutally attacked him with a knife.

Last edited:
Back