• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Ghosts (Sitcom)

I did get to go to the talk. Luckily they realised how popular they are and put them in a massive hall.

Attachments

• IMG_2949.jpeg
    IMG_2949.jpeg
    109.6 KB · Views: 31
Ooh, blow by blow account, please, @MorningAngel !
There originally was going to be loads of ghosts. But they thought it was better to concentrate on fewer. That’s how Laurence ended up with two.

Robin isn’t really called Robin. It’s Ro… (cave man noises) but Humphrey thought it must be short for something and him introducing him as Robin over the years.

Lady Button makes a lot of noises even when not talking (distracting to the cast mate next to her).

Some deaths were thought out originally and some they worked out as they went on and one from this series is different from what they had originally envisaged.

Most are somewhat like their characters.

They got Matthew to say ‘Damn your eyes!’ Which he thought was too big when he did the first take for that scene but they kept making him go bigger and bigger and I think it’s on YouTube somewhere.

If I remember any more I’ll put it up.

There originally was going to be loads of ghosts. But they thought it was better to concentrate on fewer. That’s how Laurence ended up with two.

Robin isn’t really called Robin. It’s Ro… (cave man noises) but Humphrey thought it must be short for something and him introducing him as Robin over the years.

Lady Button makes a lot of noises even when not talking (distracting to the cast mate next to her).

Some deaths were thought out originally and some they worked out as they went on and one from this series is different from what they had originally envisaged.

Most are somewhat like their characters.

They got Matthew to say ‘Damn your eyes!’ Which he thought was too big when he did the first take for that scene but they kept making him go bigger and bigger and I think it’s on YouTube somewhere.

If I remember any more I’ll put it up.
Ooh, thank you! I feel vaguely as if I should lie back, light a cigarette and say 'how was it for you?' now.

I recorded this from Martha’s insta stories. From the two talks yesterday. The last bit (Lady B’s letter complaining about missing the Titanic) is the best bit that wasn’t the one I was at.

Last edited:
After @MorningAngel's post, I sat and watched my way through all the blooper reels. Gosh that was a tonic! Then I started watching some of the Q&A's, where four of the cast answer people's questions. I got distracted though, by how much Matthew Baynton looks like my son in law when he's grown a beard.

I’ve been pacing myself and watching them the day they’re broadcast. So I’ve just watched episode five today. The Captain’s demise was heartbreaking, so sad. Kitty’s wasn’t as bad as I’d expected but his was much worse :(

It was a lovely last episode (other than the Christmas one). I wonder what we’ll get in the Christmas one. Will the baby be here and if so will it see the ghosts? We know children are more open.

Didn’t they have a baby about one time that could see them? I’m a bit disappointed no one else (except Kylie) can see them.

Loved it!
A slightly bittersweet ending but it was the right one. I like to think they were all happy in the hotel and Alison continued to visit them throughout her life, that was certainly inferred anyway. It was also nice to see Alison and Mike still together. When they were leaving I almost expected a mass 'sucking off' event, given their selfless act. I'm glad they didn't go in that direction though, that would have been too easy and almost sad in itself. Quite sad it's over but I commend them for ending it at the right time. And at least we still have US ghosts. :)

I enjoyed it too.

I thought it was a lovely ending and the best possible one too. A mass sucking off would have been terrible. They nearly got me with the exorcism! I love that Alison and Mike were able to keep visiting. (And perhaps make it permanent some day?)
I thought it was great and brought a tear to my eye...it had to end and no mental ending unlike the bollocks of Dr Who of the past 15 years or so but then again when Timmy Mallet took over it went down hill.

The ending was lovely, and left an opening for the odd special. :nods:
. When they were leaving I almost expected a mass 'sucking off' event, given their selfless act.
They have to resolve a problem that arose in their own lives so that doesn't apply.
Also, it'd close off the special episode possibility.

I wasn't really blown away by the last episode, but I'm sad to see it go. Hope the US version continues for a while longer.

I keep forgetting about the US version but have managed to watch a couple of episodes. Funniest thing is how firmly the politicians character has the bottom of his shirt battened down lest one inadvertently catch a glimpse of his pants. :chuckle: Fanny would approve I'm sure.

I keep forgetting about the US version but have managed to watch a couple of episodes. Funniest thing is how firmly the politicians character has the bottom of his shirt battened down lest one inadvertently catch a glimpse of his pants. :chuckle: Fanny would approve I'm sure.
Erm, is he supposed to be wearing pants?

Back