• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

I wear some badges at work, mostly serious but there's a jokey one. Today I noticed it was dangling loose and adjusted the pin to tighten it.
It later went missing and I thought dammit, should 'ave put it away safe!

Searched all my bags/pockets etc in case it'd become caught somewhere, no joy.

Eventually knocked off and went home, and there was the badge on the sofa. :dunno:

Either it fell off at home before I left for work and I just imagined I'd been wearing it, or it it fell off at work and caught on my clothes, or it came loose at work and teleported home. :chuckle:

I wear some badges at work, mostly serious but there's a jokey one. Today I noticed it was dangling loose and adjusted the pin to tighten it.
It later went missing and I thought dammit, should 'ave put it away safe!

Searched all my bags/pockets etc in case it'd become caught somewhere, no joy.

Eventually knocked off and went home, and there was the badge on the sofa. :dunno:

Either it fell off at home before I left for work and I just imagined I'd been wearing it, or it it fell off at work and caught on my clothes, or it came loose at work and teleported home. :chuckle:
I'm currently missing one but I have asked nicely and no sign so far. I reckon it's been hoovered up at work.

Attachments

• hvr.jpg
    hvr.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 21
I had a friend who broke a collar bone and chipped an elbow doing laundry, another dislocated a knee cap picking herb’s for Sunday lunch. I bruised my shoulder and cut my ear dusting the landing.

Housework is dangerous, just say “NO” and delegate.
I once pulled a thigh muscle by turning over funny in bed. Had to put a frame round the bog to lean on because the leg wouldn't support my weight.

Not really though. It is strangeness that you can do sometimes serious damage to yourself doing simple, ordinary, things.
Yup, a bloke I knew who was doing up a bathroom smashed the toilet bowl ready to remove it. His helpful girlfriend reached over it when sweeping up the bits and caught her forearm on a sharp edge.

It tore a long deep wound and she had months of treatment for damaged tendons and nerves and all sorts. I'm not sure she ever regained full use of her hand. All for the sake of tidying up.

Yup, a bloke I knew who was doing up a bathroom smashed the toilet bowl ready to remove it. His helpful girlfriend reached over it when sweeping up the bits and caught her forearm on a sharp edge.

It tore a long deep wound and she had months of treatment for damaged tendons and nerves and all sorts. I'm not sure she ever regained full use of her hand. All for the sake of tidying up.
Bit daft smashing it up considering a toilet isn't exactly heavy.
Cast iron baths however are a different story and the shards on those things are lethal.

Back