• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. J

Borley Rectory

The producer of this documentary just emailed and asked me to post the following: Dear Derrick Stott & Fortean Times, I've just seen your message on the Internet to 'Hopester' on the Fortean Times Message Board. The comments there about this film are completely inaccurate. I was...
  2. J

Subscription Problems

Oh how annoying. And weird. I'm afraid the subs info site is run by an external company - best bet is probably to try emailing [email protected] or ringing 0844 844 0049 Cheers
  3. J

Cave Of The Crystals (Giant Crystals; Naica, Mexico)

Mike_Pratt33's 2007 post deleted because of a copyright complaint. Just to remind everyone: please don't copy and paste published articles into your posts, you're infringing copyright. Cheers Jen
  4. J

FT272

re missing subscriber issues Right, I've spoken to our production department and they said there were delivery problems around then because of the terrible weather. Best thing to do is get in touch with Dovetail, who handle subscriptions for us, and get them to send you out a replacement copy...
  5. J

FT271

- last message deleted due to changed instructions from on high! - Right, I've spoken to our production department and they said there were delivery problems around then because of the terrible weather. Best thing to do is get in touch with Dovetail, who handle subscriptions for us, and get...
  6. J

2010 UnConvention

Yep, there'll be a limited number of tickets available on the door - £35 for one-day tickets, £60 for the weekend. And we haven't worked out an exact schedule yet, but there's a list of who's speaking on which day here - http://www.forteantimes.com/events/unco ... akers.html Hopefully see...
  7. J

The Fox Sisters & Spiritualism

Post removed
  8. J

New IHTM Magbook In Development

Those of you who've been following all things Fortean Times for a while now might be aware that we've recently put out a couple of magbooks collecting together readers' IHTM stories. We've just started work on another one, but we're running out of stories that we can recycle from the pages of...
  9. J

Red Dead Redemption

Sorry everyone - I've had to remove the Irish Times article on request of the journalist who wrote it, on copyright grounds. I've got to remind you - anything posted to these forums legally counts as being published and normal rules apply, ie you can post links to an article (admittedly not...
  10. J

iPad App for Fortean Times

This is all definitely something we’re thinking about. There’s the usual question of resources, of course, and of Dennis’s company strategy, but as previous posters have pointed out there’s tonnes of exciting ways FT’s content could be enriched by expanding over various new platforms. Obviously...
  11. J

Dowsing

I've deleted the last post. Keep it civil people please. Or at least legal.
  12. J

FT254

How about if we put Alan's article and a mermaid-making competition on the site?
  13. J

Suggestions About Re-Organisation: Move & Merge Requests

Is anyone still having trouble with this new posts thing?
  14. J

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

This belongs in announcements really, but I thought it would be more likely to find an interested audience here. There's an exhibition opening at The Hayward called Mark Wallinger Creates, which "explores the ambiguities present in our own perceptions and how the lines between fact and fiction...
  15. J

Tech Help (Beyond This Forum)

Yep, switched to www2.forteantimes.com when we changed hosting companies - apart from the altered url should all be the same as before. As for today... All the Dennis sites went down. Hopefully should be ok again now, but let me know if problems persist. Apologies for the confusion.
  16. J

FT245

Ah, 'tis done. No further techno-babble necessary!
  17. J

FT245

Beginning to feel that way. Technical issues, surprisingly enough - hence the text is for last issue and the cover the issue before. I'm promised the up-to-date info should go up this morning.
  18. J

UnCon 08

Just a quick warning to anyone who hasn't got their ticket yet - they're selling fast. Because numbers are limited, there's a real possibility that there might not be any left to sell on the day. I'd strongly advise anyone who doesn't want to risk not getting in to book in advance.
  19. J

UnCon Tickets - Please Read

Just to reiterate David's warning, tickets are selling fast and there's a real possibility that there might not be any left to sell on the day. I'd really advise anyone who doesn't want to risk not getting in to book in advance.
  20. J

The Tinfoil Hat / Helmet

Thanks loads everybody - you've been fantastic!
  21. J

The Tinfoil Hat / Helmet

I'm trying to find out about tinfoil hats, as used to protect the wearer from mind control, for an article I'm writing for the magazine. I've looked in books we've got here, and asked around, but I can't find anything on how the idea first originated. Can anyone remember having seen anything in...
Back