• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

FT245

gordonrutter

Within reason
Staff member
Am I the first to receive it gasp!

It arrived through the door whilst I was having a bath - just got to do a bit of shopping and then I can sit down and read it

Gordon

What a waste of bathwater. :lol:

Mine was here at 10:20 when I got back from town. Loving the cat-adopting dog. :D

Lordy! 245 already?

Haven't received my copy yet, so can somebody advise whether the oft-postponed article on Dyatlov Pass has finally made it into the mag?

Brown!

Yup, s'there, front page in fact. :D

(Another) good issue from a brief flick-through!

It was a shame to read in the editorial about the ending of Magonia, a publication I'd somehow managed never to have heard of. Perhaps FT could do a round up of other periodicals out there, even if it's just a one-off?

I was once featured in Magonia. 8)

ttaarraass said:
Another) good issue from a brief flick-through!

It was a shame to read in the editorial about the ending of Magonia,

Hear, hear.

ttaarraass said:
a publication I'd somehow managed never to have heard of. Perhaps FT could do a round up of other periodicals out there, even if it's just a one-off?

It did, at one time. MagWatch, was it?

Brown!

The explanation for it finishing was well made and timely. Some other aspects of Forteana that never build on available evidence or theories might do well to follow.
OTOH shame another hippie mag has to bite the dust.

My copy has yet arrive, but then, my last copy arrived two weeks ago, so it'll be a long wait before I get 245! (begins sobbing heartily!)

escargot1 said:
Yup, s'there, front page in fact. :D

Now we just need the interminably-delayed 'Paul Is Dead' article to finally appear... :roll:

Really good issue so far. I've read most of it already. The Dyatlov mystery was really weird and thinking about it got me extra jumpy on my walk back home through the countryside at 5 this morning. Got so nervous at one point I nearly fell into the canal :oops: .

That's what I call value for money!

gerardwilkie said:
Really good issue so far. I've read most of it already. The Dyatlov mystery was really weird and thinking about it got me extra jumpy on my walk back home through the countryside at 5 this morning. Got so nervous at one point I nearly fell into the canal :oops: .
Hehe that happens to me a lot - I always walk the canal route home, often in pitch darkness, despite the fact that it scares the hell out of me.

One of my biggest regrets has been not photographing some clearly ritual/occult graffiti underneath the very spookiest bridge (it has an 'atmosphere') before it was suddenly removed...

Out on the dogwalk a few months ago, a friend found a small paint can of some kind - touch up paint or something - and sniggeringly drew an 'occult' symbol on a tree with it.

Month or two later, his Born Again son was visiting and saw the graffiti, and was appalled at this evidence of devil-worship in the apparently tranquil woods...
:roll:

I thought the Ilkley Moor Entity hypothesis in the 'Letters' section was very plausible.

WhistlingJack said:
I thought the Ilkley Moor Entity hypothesis in the 'Letters' section was very plausible.

Certainly more plausible than the photo of the bloke with the TV on in the background.

Dyatlov article best one for a while, especially as no explanation completely fits (I know we had a big thread on it) and I'm looking forward to those Russian apemen next issue.

That baby/Jesus simulacrum is the best for a long, long time...

My copy arrived yesterday. I've yet to read the major articles, but Strange Days was its usual goodness...

sherbetbizarre said:
Why is the old issue still advertised on the main page? :shock:

Its caught in a time warp.

I liked the Russian skiers story, suitably strange & eerie.

ramonmercado said:
sherbetbizarre said:

Beginning to feel that way. Technical issues, surprisingly enough - hence the text is for last issue and the cover the issue before. I'm promised the up-to-date info should go up this morning.

Jen_O said:
ramonmercado said:
sherbetbizarre said:

Beginning to feel that way. Technical issues, surprisingly enough - hence the text is for last issue and the cover the issue before. I'm promised the up-to-date info should go up this morning.

They would say that wouldn't they?

Are they spouting techno-babble at you?

Ah, 'tis done. No further techno-babble necessary!

gncxx said:
Dyatlov article best one for a while, especially as no explanation completely fits (I know we had a big thread on it) and I'm looking forward to those Russian apemen next issue.

The good thing about FT is that it introduces me to events (strange or otherwise) that makes me go off and investigate whatever the is in the contents, and look forward to the next issue, which can never come soon enough!

mine hasnt arrived yet. Anyone else not got theirs?

Getting a bit pricey though isn't it? Of course there's not really a magazine that gets close to it but other mags that are only slightly more expensive manage to give away software, music cds and allsorts on coverdiscs.

jimv1 said:
Getting a bit pricey though isn't it? Of course there's not really a magazine that gets close to it but other mags that are only slightly more expensive manage to give away software, music cds and allsorts on coverdiscs.

At almost $13 (Australian) per issue, it is a bit pricey, but I find it good value of what it costs. No other magazine even comes close to what Fortean Times provides. A subscription helps when you are low on funds during some months...

Back