• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. C

White Feathers

Yes this started to happening to me and my sister a few years back - we've both considered it to be some kind of communication from dead relatives, as often we'll both have a white feather cross our path on the same day, even when we are miles apart. The starangest one I came across was as I...
  2. C

right place , right time ?

First of all, I'm not the author Anthony Peake, and secondly, the blog piece I outlined linked to a discussion on how people arrive in our lives at a time that may be a fortuitous coincidence, but if this one incident is backed up by several other coincidences linked to the original, then...
  3. C

The blog piece and the forum I referred to has nothing to do with numerology or the significance of numbers and everything to do with the question you asked at the start of the thread...and it isn't for amusement purposes either...ah well, never mind...
  4. C

Wild Boar

I saw one by the side of the road in the country lanes between Hemel Hempstead and St. Albans in Hertfordshire. What a thrill it was too.
  5. C

Railway Ghosts

Same! :-) I was hoping that someone here would appreciate that experience, so thanks for your post!
  6. C

I belong to a forum where we discuss this all the time, and you may find it of interest if you check out this link? The link is to an author's blog and the 2nd (depending when you look at this!) posting is called Synchronicity 11:11 http://cheatingtheferryman.blogspot.com/ and outlines one...
  7. C

Railway Ghosts

This is probably a bit off topic but it was quite spooky at the time... I used to spend time waiting at Harrow and Wealdstone station for a connecting train, which was the scene of a major rail disaster in the 50's. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harrow_and_Wealdstone_rail_crash It seldom...
  8. C

Day Of The Animals: Tales Of Man Vs Beast (And Man Suffers)

Well actually a bird a snake and a fish... It reminded me of the song about the old lady who swallowed a fly. This guy took a photo of a heron as it was eating a snake, but then when he looked at the photo, he realised the snake was also eating a fish...
  9. C

Simulacra

I only just realised she does her ironing in the garden....
  10. C

Simulacra

Jesus appears on iron http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/6714071/Jesus-appears-on-iron-US-woman-claims.html Mrs Cody, a 44-year-old mother from Massachusetts, spotted a likeness of Jesus in the residue on the burnt bottom of her old iron. She immediately told...
  11. C

Day Of The Animals: Tales Of Man Vs Beast (And Man Suffers)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/6669425/Flatulent-pig-sparks-gas-leak-scare.html Flatulent pig sparks gas leak scare A suspected gas leak at an Australian farm, which led to 15 firemen in two fire engines to rush to the scene, turned out to be the work of a...
  12. C

Simulacra

Tommy Cooper appears on bottom of steak pie Tommy Cooper appears on bottom of steak pie! Comedian Tommy Cooper may have died 25 years ago but his likeness lives on - on the bottom of a steak pie. Chip shop owner Crad Jones discovered the image when eating his pie and chips in his...
  13. C

Fortean Headlines

Mother chooses pet crocodile over husband ""As soon as I started looking after Johnie, Greg and I started having problems. We did nothing but fight. There was a lot of tension in the house. "...
  14. C

Fortean Headlines

Skunk Whisperer in Peanut Butter Rescue "A skunk in Oklahoma who got his head stuck in a jar of peanut butter was rescued with the help of a passer-by and a man known as the "skunk whisperer."...
  15. C

Chemical Crimes: Poisons, Poisoners & Poisonings

One gay man, two lesbians, a three-legged cat ... One gay man, two lesbians, a three-legged cat and a poisoned curry plot A gay man tried to poison his lesbian neighbours by putting slug pellets into their curry after he was accused of kidnapping their three-legged cat...
  16. C

Cats That Look Like Hitler

:rofl: I was going to write something along the lines of Mein Kampf that rhymes with Punt but decided against it as I'm a lady.
  17. C

Macabre Place Names

That should definitely be next to Hog Pits Bottom!
  18. C

Macabre Place Names

We have some weirdly named roads and lanes round this part of rural Hertfordshire, lots of places with 'Hangman' in the title, and a Dagger Lane, but if you take Hog Pits Lane, you end up in the small hamlet named 'Hogpits Bottom'. That has to be the most unattractive address!
  19. C

Strange Crimes

Crime Show Host 'Ordered Killings' The host of a television crime show in Brazil has been accused of adopting an unorthodox approach to boost ratings - organising killings to make his programme more exciting...
  20. C

Fortean Headlines

Global warming causing birds to shrink http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/environment/climatechange/6008714/Global-warming-causing-birds-to-shrink.html Climate change is being blamed because varieties of the same birds tend to be smaller near the equator and larger closer to the poles to...
  21. C

Objectophilia / Objectum Sexuality: Loving & 'Marrying' Inanimate Objects

Did you notice the story directly beneath? I posted this last night... http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7590&start=300 To save you clicking, it was this: 05 Aug 2009 Woman to marry to fairground ride US woman plans to marry a magic carpet fairground ride after a...
  22. C

Spectral Show

Re: And it was in Liverpool too... Wow - I have never come across those before. I was born and raised in Liverpool so know the areas being described. So many around Bold Street! I'll have to wrack (sp?) my brains now and see if I can recall any weirdness around that area :) Re Your...
  23. C

Fortean Headlines

These 2 headlines were posted exactly as shown below - gave me a titter. 05 Aug 2009 Woman to marry to fairground ride US woman plans to marry a magic carpet fairground ride after a lengthy courtship. 05 Aug 2009 'British are unadventurous' The British are deeply unadventurous...
  24. C

Photograph taken at bodmin Jail

I don't see him as monobrowed, I see a very shiny (as in well-conditioned!) full fringe. Imagine looking down on this from directly above
  25. C

Photograph taken at bodmin Jail

There's no effort involved in trying to see the man - not your usual blur! Looks like Ringo Starr when he had a tash!
  26. C

Spectral Show

Especially those full of gold (see the stupid tv adverts thread!)
  27. C

Strange Crimes

Sounds like a lost scene from Withnail & I...
  28. C

Strange Crimes

Hairdresser turns robber into sex-slave http://www.russiatoday.com/Top_News/2009-04-14/Hairdresser_turns_robber_into_sex-slave.html
  29. C

Word Of The Day

Mither I didn't realise mither wasn't a well known word, until reading of Stevie Gerrard's court case recently. Gerrard used the word mither, saying he was used to being mithered by the public, and the reporters explained this was a word mostly used up North, with a brief explanation and...
  30. C

So far inexplicable beeping, help?

Even though I've never used the alarm on my iPod speakers, it goes off if the unit has been turned off at the plug (or after a power cut) First time it went off it drove me nuts because I didn't even know there was an alarm on the unit's clock. If you have anything like that, which you...
  31. C

Jacko's Ghost?

Ghost of Michael Jackson snapped on car... http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2536406/Ghost-of-Jacko-snapped-on-car.html :D
  32. C

Spectral Show

Oooooh I like that one, thanks for posting it MsPix! :) The curious thing about that one, for me, is that the envelopes had aged.... I'm still trying to get my head around that part, and what it implies about time travel.
  33. C

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

Wow! Reading the episode description on the link, I'm sure that must have been it....THANK YOU!! The weird thing is, I don't remember it being a couple, and I remember it in black and white, which is why I thought it was an oldie from the 60-70's, but it was in colour and in the 80's. I...
  34. C

Spectral Show

Thanks for the recommendation. I love Timeslip stories :)
  35. C

Spectral Show

Found it! And it was in Liverpool too...thought it was but couldn't remember the facts: http://uforeview.tripod.com/timeslips.html
  36. C

Spectral Show

I remember one about a man going into a shop that didn't exist but had been on that spot some dozen years or so earlier. He also recalled seeing an 'old-fashioned' post office van or something, before going into the shop. Later the shop was gone. I'm trying to find it for you as I may have got...
  37. C

Spectral Show

Great story Tilly! I'm convinced the buildings around the Pier Head are heaving with 'The Others'.:-) When I worked there, the old docks were still derelict (as they would have been when your husband was working that night) and it was mind blowing to look at those vast empty buildings, once...
  38. C

Spectral Show

That was the only rational solution I could come up with, except it sounded so close, whereas the painters were 5 floors above me. But it was totally silent every time I sat up, so I sat up til dawn!! gman72 - your story is now reminding me of the scene from the Shining where Jack Nicolson...
  39. C

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

I've searched for years to find out which tv series it was that addressed this issue in an Outer Limits type way. I've looked through the Outer Limits episode guide, The Twilight Zone, Tales of Mystery and Imagination, Tales of the Unexpected, Journey into the Unknown, all of which I watched...
  40. C

Coincidences

That's exactly what I do when coincidences such as yours strike. I know an author who calls them 'synchrondipities', and like you, I also see them as signs that I'm in exactly the right place at the right time. It seems like a 'validation', if you know what I mean.
  41. C

Spectral Show

That story gave me goosepimples. It reminded me when of a night when I was 19 and volunteered to sleep over in the tax office I worked in (first job, hated it, didn't last long) It was a very old building at the Pier Head in Liverpool, facing the Liver Buildings. The offices were being...
  42. C

The Toilet Tardis (I'd Leave It an Hour If I Were You...)

Re: Haha One episode that has always baffled me was when I was school and I was supposed to be reading out something at the school assembly in front of the entire school. I was quite excited about it, and got up earlier than usual to make sure I looked my best, left home at the usual time...
  43. C

People You Thought Were Dead

Yes that's very weird stuneville; might have to change your name to Grim Reaper...wonder if you had a premonition freudian slip type thing
  44. C

Floating Disembodied Eyes

As a small child I used to see floating disembodied eyes often, and they terrified me. I even poked out the eyes in my dolls, though strangely, my parents never took me to see anyone about this strange behaviour! Bedtime was the worst, when I thought I saw dozens of pairs of disembodied eyes...
  45. C

Dreams (You've Dreamed; Compendium)

Last night I dreamed my goldfish died, so I took it out of its bowl and.. just to make sure it was dead, I threw it on the floor - which was actually a pavement for some reason - something I wouldn't do normally. Anyway, the goldfish started to grow and it became a man, who started rubbing his...
  46. C

Word Of The Day

Astonishing. Has anyone else noticed how often tv presenters seem to be using the word 'Astonishing' lately?? I don't know if this is the right place to post this but couldn't find anywhere better.
  47. C

Underground (Miscellaneous: Tunnels, Roads, Bunkers Etc.)

Thanks for the book suggestion Jeff, I'll look into that I also heard about the tunnel possibly going to Lockers House. The woman who told me about the tunnels said she'd heard that someone went down through one of the shops and there were chains in the wall and such like down there, but I...
  48. C

What Were YOUR Erroneous Childhood Beliefs?

They would probably threaten to call ChildLine :) They might think you were mental but if the only other option was a jam butty (as it was for us) then they might think it was a treat! Have you been watching the tv show 'It never did me any harm?' where kids have to live a few weeks like...
  49. C

That made me LOL! Fabulous quote! We grew up on banana butties (sandwiches) and also the banana, sugar and milk combo. I still love banana butties for lunch. yum :)
  50. C

Thank you for that! I look forward to reading the stories - I do love grisly children's stories :D My sister sucked her thumb til she was in her thirties, so it's a shame my Mum didn't have that book. Now that you've mentioned the book, I have a mental image of a child being lifted into...
Back