• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. stu neville

Missing In Action: Members Who've Gone Silent / Haven't Been Seen For Some Time

We have absolutely no problem with, or indeed quite like the vast majority of posters. However, if rules are impinged upon we have to consistently enforce them - as Yith alludes above, this is usually by means of a quiet PM, and in most cases that's that. The community here only see us...
  2. stu neville

Who Watches The Watchers?

After a brief discussion, Matt has decided to leave the board. Can't please everyone, it seems.
  3. stu neville

I dispense with pleasantries some of the time.
  4. stu neville

No.
  5. stu neville

What's all this then?
  6. stu neville

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

I must say, as soon as I heard they were on board (and injecting cash) I knew there would be no way on Earth Disney would just leave it alone.
  7. stu neville

FT440

Actually no - it was an entirely deliberate error slipped in to see who was paying attention. Well done, Tempest. Now, as you were.
  8. stu neville

Politics Guidelines 2024 - IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ

It's now been over six years since we first started enforcing the embargo on political discussions that had no obvious Fortean angle - if you wish to refresh your memory, please see the Bloody Politics thread . By and large, this rule has been adhered to, however there are nonetheless relatively...
  9. stu neville

The Patterson-Gimlin Bigfoot Film

Well, as I keep saying I've looked at it more than most and I still don't know one way or the other.
  10. stu neville

Is There Likely To Be An UnCon In The Near Future?

This year's ASSAP Seriously Strange conference will be in Winchester, Aug 31st-Sep 1st. Tickets already available, here. Highly recommended with quite a few FT faces there :) .
  11. stu neville

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

Careful now. It's an article of faith for many.
  12. stu neville

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

Dinsdale Pirhana. Haunted by the giant cryptid hedgehog Spiny Norman.
  13. stu neville

DreamTime Telekinesis: Affecting World Events Through Dreams

Coincidentally, humility is my God-given superpower, too.
  14. stu neville

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

Who or whatever she is, they wouldn't waste Anita Dobson for an (effectively) ten-line part.
  15. stu neville

Freemen On The Land / Lawful Rebellion

There's a fair old enclave of them out here in the West. I spotted one in Bath a couple of months ago, outside Sainsbury's with a member of staff and two coppers. Bloke: You have no authority over me! I am a Freeman of the land (etc) Copper (slightly resigned): Just get in the car, Brian.
  16. stu neville

Nick Pope

But again, it's not about the position he takes, it's the position he claims to have held. If on said History Channel he was presenting an actual history series, and billed himself as a Professor of History, when in fact he'd only studied it to college level it would lessen his authority, yes?
  17. stu neville

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

I wasn't aiming that at you, though. I was aiming it squarely at the people who opposed Whittaker's casting on principle, months before she appeared in the role, railing against the BBC and society in general that permitted such an outrage.
  18. stu neville

Nick Pope

Not if what you're selling is a lie, no.
  19. stu neville

I'm afraid that's highly unlikely. I had more direct contact with him than most people, and as Scargie mentioned earlier, despite a great deal of patience on the part of the mod team he just continued to ignore all attempts at guidance or even - latterly, on my part instruction. Rynner wanted...
  20. stu neville

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

See I blame Chibnal for at least 75% of that. She's a really good actress, badly served by scripts and character development (if she was miscast in the first place is a separate issue, but the showrunning would have hampered anyone). As I said a few days ago ^ this affected Smith and Capaldi as...
  21. stu neville

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

Precisely so. There are those who only approve of one selection of episodes from 1974 and anything else is purple apoplexy-inducing heresy, like some obscure 14th century Belgian sect. I'm just wondering whether they'll pre-emptively lose their minds about a camp, black Doctor played by a...
  22. stu neville

Nick Pope

Can't keep.a good grifter down... This Christmas, many self-proclaimed former heads of Britain's UFO investigation squad called Nick Pope are in danger of not getting enough attention. Please give them the gift of your attention, to allow self-proclaimed former heads of Britain's UFO...
  23. stu neville

Weird Personal Names

I particularly like the way they have to indicate which of the parents is which. So much to unpack there.
  24. stu neville

'The Great Global Warming Swindle': Is Climate Change A Myth?

Correction - it hadn't been  observed to happen before that. On a global scale, such accurate and detailed records have only really been a thing for a century or so, as a result such effects could well have happened repeatedly over the millennia but has only been recorded recently.
  25. stu neville

'The Great Global Warming Swindle': Is Climate Change A Myth?

No. That would be tricky to verify.
  26. stu neville

FT439

Also it's probably the greatest common factor for many of us - certainly this side of the pond there were only three TV channels, the vast majority of programming was irrelevant to us at that age, however the music was more pervasive, radio was still far more a part of everyday life (eg there...
  27. stu neville

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

Very smart episode last night. The ones that invite you to guess what's happening always engage, plus there were nods to Adams, PK Dick, Ridley Scott, and apparently a Mari Lwyd ship's captain. The two leads are strong enough to carry the narrative, which has been the issue - being careful here...
  28. stu neville

General Website Queries: 2018 Onward

I've had a look. No idea.
  29. stu neville

Putin Is Already Dead? Was He Ill?

I was being facetious. But, as usual, just because they're neither new nor unusual it doesn't mean they're being deployed constantly. In wartime they are used for active deception to confuse potential enemy action, usually seen at medium to long range fleetingly. They're almost never viewed at...
  30. stu neville

You sure he wasn't just wearing different clothes?
  31. stu neville

Have you ever heard of the Petrograd Soviet? Or what happened after the death of Stalin to usher in Kruschev?
  32. stu neville

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

You and me both! About ten mins in I said "Hang about..."
  33. stu neville

The QAnon Conspiracy Phenomenon

This is very much in danger of veering into politics, so I will ask you all to cease and desist.
  34. stu neville

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

No problem really if going forward the timeline is at a point before Davros gets mutilated. All of his previous appearances are on iPlayer now, and provided they don't try to go back and remove those then to be honest I can't see the issue
  35. stu neville

Uncanny (BBC Programme / Podcast)

There's clearly something about Fisher-Price - here's a post from me, from seventeen years ago (oh God oh God), similar effect:
  36. stu neville

British Bigfoot?

Oddly, that doesn't usually stop McGrath himself from proclaiming them as "evidence".
  37. stu neville

Only In Real Life!

Thank you!
  38. stu neville

FT438

I endorse this view. The forthcoming Xmas issue has more of me in it, gift that I am. (That's gift, before anyone starts).
  39. stu neville

Uncanny (BBC Programme / Podcast)

I think so. But then, so to a very big degree did Fort, although he was paddling in a much slower stream.
  40. stu neville

Fortean Podcasts

For all the flack I've given it over the years, I do have a strong affection for Finding Bigfoot as its heart is in resolutely the right place (and they have been at the mercy of egregious editing on a number of occasions, which was out of their hands). They're genuine researchers, getting out...
  41. stu neville

British Bigfoot?

He's both highly enthusiastic and sincere, and those are qualities that need as much encouragement aa possible. Experience will bring more context and a degree of healthy scepticism, but the initial spark is the key.
  42. stu neville

Fortean Podcasts

Or as it's becoming more and more known, "Cliff and usually Bobo", given the latter's frequent absence in unlikely circumstances. Every episode it's "Is Bobo even there? Is he stuck up a tree? Can he remember how hats work?" etc. It is a really enjoyable podcast though.
  43. stu neville

Fortean Times Magazine Word-Limit For Letters

So long as it keeps to the point, there's no limit per se but the longer it is the more likely it'll be edited in print. Keep it as succinct as you can.
  44. stu neville

Russell Brand: From Comic To Icke-Esque Conspiracist & Possible Abuser?

The Sun? The alleged newspaper that named Brand "Shagger Of The Year" about ten years ago? How soon they forget.
  45. stu neville

:) I have it on good authority (from a solicitor) that it can't hurt. We have to be very careful.
  46. stu neville

Channel 4's legals will have been all over it, ditto the Sunday Times. Allegedly Vice had a documentary all ready to go a couple of years ago but Brand got a superinjunction.
  47. stu neville

I'm going to use the word 'hearsay' a lot in case we are barking up a very mistaken tree, Yew or otherwise. According to what I have heard separately, the documentary and Sunday Times piece will "fucking destroy him". Hearsay, of course. It is understood - though for legal purposes this is...
  48. stu neville

Fortean Times Presents Monster Hunters

Apart from the first ten pages, it's a cracking read.
  49. stu neville

Right then - are we all clear? Jolly good. On we go.
  50. stu neville

Honestly, that's not what we're getting at. We're more than happy for people to predominantly post in chat, etc, and glad that people feel at home, and they belong. All we ask is that everyone observes the no politics/ culture wars rule as they inevitably spin out and the general ambience takes...
Back