• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. E

Comte De Saint Germain

Well, I did ask him. As it turns out, it wasn't his dad. It was his former step-father (long-since deceased). They found it when he moved out of the house and went to live in a neighbouring village. It was years ago and he never kept in touch with the guy. Unfortunately, he can't really remember...
  2. E

Comte De Saint Germain

Couldn't tell you off hand, I'm afraid, but I'll certainly ask him for more details and report back if you like. Do you have a theory?
  3. E

Comte De Saint Germain

My mate's Dad bought a house a few years back. In one room there was a bricked-up fireplace. They decided they'd like to use it though and went about opening it back up. When they removed the bricks, whaddaya think they found?... An old black and white print of the Comte de Saint Germain...
  4. E

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

Well, reading the link, it says that the tone recorded was around 15kHz. If that's the case, then chances are it never would've made it onto the final record. Sergeant Pepper was recorded on a 4-track, by mixing tracks down together multiple times for all instruments. Each time you do that, you...
  5. E

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

I'll definitely be giving you a voice make-over from now on. Actually, maybe the mods could add a profile tag for 'preferred voice / accent'? In the meantime, if you could replace your 'th's with 's' and 'z' and drop your 'h's when typing, it would be greatly appreciated. :)
  6. E

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

Your post don't generally give off a drony vibe. Just as experiment, I tried reading you posts back in my head with various voices. Kenneth Williams didn't suit you at all; neither did Ali G or Sheldon Cooper. My favourite was just giving you a chirpy French accent like Antoine de Caune. I...
  7. E

Shakespeare

1) There are no known handwritten manuscripts by any professional playwright of the era period. Not by Shakespeare, not by Johnson, not by Marlow, not by anyone. It would be remarkable if even one did exist! 2) Shakespeare's will mostly only deals with money and land. He does name a couple of...
  8. E

"THE PIES THE PIES" On The M6 & Other Classic Graffiti

Pretty much everything you need to know about the OP and more: http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/motorway-graffiti-legends-pies-say-7457397
  9. E

Satanic Society

Hmmm... Can of worms time. I'm certainly no expert. I'm not a christian, jew, muslim or satanist either and don't want to put words in anyone's mouth, but I have heard this before and will give you my understanding for what it's worth. Do you're own fact-checking though. So, the first part of...
  10. E

Worst Movie EVER?

I'm surprised no one has mentioned 'It Happened One Weekend' (aka 'It Happened on Sunday' aka 'Scalet Warning 666' aka 'Secret Love' aka 'Rockey's Style' aka 'Love Deep Inside') on this thread yet. This could well be a classic if the genre. Long considered lost, it was a vanity project by one...
  11. E

Which Fortean Mysteries Would You Like To See Solved?

Why boil it down to just those two possibilities? Here are a few more: 1- It's all absolutely true 2- He's a nut (i.e. delusional) 3- He's just an attention-seeking liar 4- He thinks he's telling the truth, but he was actually fed a load of bullshit to distract him from the real truth of what...
  12. E

The Dogon & The Sirius Mystery

There's an online copy of the FT article about the Dogon / Sirius thing a few years ago here: http://www.philipcoppens.com/dogonshame.html The conclusion is that the whole thing is hogwash. Draw your own conclusions, but I'm afraid that I have to agree. The further you dig into it, the less...
  13. E

The Mandela Effect: False Memory

Broom is a blogger with a theory, and that's all it is? Er, yeah... And that's all it claims to be. I was just offering you some background information on where the idea comes from. I'm not sure what you were expecting here. Your question was whether anyone remembers Nelson Mandela dying in...
  14. E

Scientology

Fair point. As a lot of the commentors on the blog post point out, these organisations will do whatever it takes to advance themselves. At least the US Nazis and the BNP share some of the NOI's beliefs (up to a point) though. The NOI throwing itself heart and soul into dianetics is a bit of a...
  15. E

Scientology

Interesting recent blog post about the unlikely relationship between Scientology and The Nation of Islam here: http://www.mikerindersblog.org/scientology-nation-of-islam/ For anyone wanting some background, this covers it pretty well...
  16. E

Better believe it! http://mandelaeffect.com/about
  17. E

Satanic Monuments on US Public Grounds

Full marks sherbetbizarre! :D :clap: WATCH THIS NOW EVERYONE! YOU WON'T REGRET IT!
  18. E

Granted, he does jump onto the couch for all of split second, before immediately jumping off again. There's no bouncing up and down. Also, all he says is a quick "Yes!" If he hadn't been acting like a knob for the whole interview, it would've been immediately forgotten about.
  19. E

Forgotten History

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/denmark-place-arson-why-people-are-still-searching-for-answers-35-years-on-from-one-of-the-biggest-mass-murders-in-our-history-10467987.html Denmark Place arson: Why people are still searching for answers 35 years on from one of the biggest mass...
  20. E

Jehovah's Witnesses Weirdness

Apparently Hank Marvin used to do the rounds regularly, but gave up because no one would take him seriously. He said that people kept expecting Jeremy Beadle or Noel Edmonds to jump out!
  21. E

Another good example would be the collective memory of Tom Cruise childishly jumping up and down on Oprah Winfrey's sofa, boisterously declaring his love for Katie Holmes. Remember that? It didn't happen! http://www.ew.com/article/2014/05/20/tom-cruise-oprah-couch...
  22. E

A Man Can Run Faster Than A Horse

Or a clothes horse.
  23. E

Swastikas & Disputes About The Swastika Symbol

I recently visited Spike Island in Co. Cork; a former fortress and prison island in Cork harbour. In the museum there, they had a collection of old photographs showing the handover of Haulbowline Island (a naval base on the neighbouring island) from the UK navy to the Irish Free State in 1938...
  24. E

Jack The Ripper (Compendium Thread)

I doubt it. The passage of time isn't the only issue here. The whole thing with Jack the Ripper is the mystery and legends surrounding it. The Yorkshire Ripper was caught, hence there's no mystery and therefore a very different kind if interest. If JTR had been caught, I seriously doubt there...
  25. E

Non-Ghostly 'Ghost Trains' In the UK

Not as such, but there's a saying I've heard from a couple of Russians; it goes something like, "The severity of the law is off-set by the fact that it's never enforced." Basically, the place is full of uniformed jobs-worth sorts with very little to do except enforce absurd rules that come in...
  26. E

You've never been to Russia, have you? ;)
  27. E

Full details on the history of all useless and unavailable services here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parliamentary_train
  28. E

Pluto - the last great encounter in planetary exploration

What about the other dwarf planets? There are 5 confirmed to date and several more 'probables' waiting to be confirmed. So far we've only visited 2; Pluto being only the second! Eris in particular seems to be a pretty interesting prospect. Roughly the same size as Pluto - very slightly smaller...
  29. E

Things that disappear

If you need a fail-safe key carrying / storage system, two words for you; "nipple piercing"!
  30. E

Sex and the Church

Also the title of a fairly weird and obscure (but enjoyable) David Bowie song :cool:
  31. E

Bradford City Stadium Fire (1985)

I see how that could work, but point is, did this actually happen? We're not dealing with 'what ifs' here. If this happened it should be possible to check.
  32. E

Bradford City Stadium Fire (1985)

Just playing devils's advocate here; there's one paragraph here that doesn't seem to add up. Which workforce? If the workforce in question wasn't the staff of Bradford City FC, how would an insurance scam generating money for Bradford City FC be of any benefit to another company? That could...
  33. E

Worst Movie EVER?

Superb interview with the Matt Hannon, the 'star' of the original here: http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/samurai-cop-matt-hannon-interview-908 He really tells it like it is!
  34. E

Chinese Seals in Ireland

Any good? http://shahon.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Story-of-the-Chinese-seals-found-in-Ireland-Imre-Galambos1.pdf
  35. E

Devil Worship On Man-Eating Mountain

I saw this earlier. Good old beeb'! A story that's got nothing to do with headline :( Pretty good article anyway.
  36. E

Aladdin

Hmm, would you let a lad in? :wink: I'll get me coat...
  37. E

D-I-V-O-R-C-E

I'd be very surprised if anything did happen. If you read the OP, you'll see that it was never a "policy". It was just yet another hair-brained scheme put forward by the "Centre for Social Justice". They're an independent right-wing group seemingly dedicated to having the state control...
  38. E

Well, there are lots of names in the frame for the killings, mostly latter-day speculation, but given the alleged connection with Kosminski, I'm simply saying that it would be a good place to start, that's all. Yeah, but there are a lot of lost records, plus the fact that different officers...
  39. E

Yes, all true, but the question was 'why choose Kosminski to DNA test for?' If you want a place to start, Kosminksi, regardless of any unknown variables would be the sensible, or indeed only place to start. Did the identification happen? Dunno TBO, and neither does anyone else. It's...
  40. E

Actually, it does make sense that Kosminski would be the one to test for. The Eddowes attack was the only murder to have an eye witness. The witness later identified Kosminski during a police interview but refused to testify. There are varying accounts by different members of the police team...
  41. E

Bedroom tax? My spare room is occupied ... by a demon!

Is this maybe life imitating art? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGTEOrX_I08 Doesn't make much sense if you haven't read Lovecraft, plus the endings a bit crap, but apart from that, not bad ;)
  42. E

I'm not sure that immigration's an issue here. It all depends on the timing. If the demon entered the UK before the Aliens Act 1905 and has been resident since, then it will be considered a British subject.
  43. E

Fortean Music Videos

Actually, I think you might be on to something there! That's exactly what it looks like! :lol: I suppose he maybe just swooned when he saw the devilishly handsome rock stars drivng past ... :roll: ... Actually... Nah! Your theory's more likely.
  44. E

Fortean Music Videos

Yeah, seems odd that they left it in. Having said that, if you watch closely, he seems to start falling over before the van passes. It's not clear whether it's actually the van that sends him sprawling. Maybe the guy collapsed and it's just a coincidence. Still pretty weird either way. Could it...
  45. E

More questions than answers here. How did the demon get a council house? Do they accept applications from demons? How are they prioritised? Does she actually sub-let to the demon? If so, that's gotta be a bad move! If she gets re-housed, does the demon have to pay the rent? If so, can...
  46. E

Fortean Music Videos

Actually, glad to see this thread re-opened. It's just reminded me about something I meant to post a while back, but forgot about. Not exactly a "video" and maybe not strictly "fortean", but this is probably the best thread for it. There's a mystery involved! Take a look at the opening...
  47. E

Fortean Music Videos

Whadaya mean!? That video's amazing! :lol: If it's fortean music videos you're after, check this out! Gold! Solid gold! :shock: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EF6-zs_hWO0
  48. E

Roy Jay

Well, as I say, he doesn't currently have a wikipedia page :wink: Literally a blank canvass! I'm sure someone could redress the balance...
  49. E

Roy Jay

Well worth 11.50 of anyone's money, I'd say! I especially like the quote from the seller; "most of our stock is UNPLAYED" :lol: The picture you mention is on the facebook page.
Back