• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. D

FT320

Had meant to leave my copy until Hallowe'en to read, but I read it all over the weekend!
  2. D

FT319

Having looked at the page in question last night, I now know what you mean
  3. D

FT318

I'd never even heard of Woodwose, so it was a good article to introduce an unfamiliar piece of Forteana/history to a new person!
  4. D

FT319

Completely missed the Page 5 item! too busy reading about the Haunted Murder House article!
  5. D

Do You Recall? Half-Remembered British Television Shows [60s, 70s & 80s]

Ghosts Of Motley Hall I remember quite clearly (it even got a review in FT), I remember being a lad in the mid eighties and wondering why the special effects looked so naff (they were 1970's special effects, that's why! CSO has not stood the test of time!). Also, the Tomorrow Girl (Australian...
  6. D

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

I admit the new theme is very 80's in its presentation, but with better graphics! I kind of like it! Not sure what to make of the "Afterlife" theme that seems to be running as this years Bad Wolf/Torchwood/Harold Saxon type theme!
  7. D

FT35

Baa-Humbug! Isn't this the Puntastic Thread? ( :roll:) And to think my collection of FT only goes back to early 2001!
  8. D

FT318

The only problem with FT is the long wait between issues! Lucky I have several years of back issues to keep me going until the next issue!
  9. D

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

T-Rex spontaneous combustion caused by the clockwork droid... Good thing I got up at 4:30 am to watch it on Australian tv... And, yes, I shall be watching it again when it's shown at 7:30 pm tonight...
  10. D

FT318

Read most of my issue last night (such is the state of Australian tv!)
  11. D

FT317

Received this issue the day after I received the current issue. Where has it been for the past month? :spinning :spinning
  12. D

FT318

Am keenly waiting for my copy to arrive, jealous of anyone who has their copy already!
  13. D

FT316

Never heard of the Human Fly - good article! That's the thing about FT, it always brings something new to the people! :D
  14. D

FT316

Still waiting for my copy to arrive!
  15. D

FT316

Waiting for my copy to arrive - and this one looks like a corker!
  16. D

FT315

As an Australian, I've never heard of this!
  17. D

FT315

That's assuming we get an Uncon! Would have been nice to have one last year for the 40th anniversary and 300th issue!
  18. D

FT314

You're right, but in this case, not the good kind of weird! :lol:
  19. D

FT314

Blimey! This thread has turned a bit weird! :oops:
  20. D

FT314

Your mag went missing after you failed to slip money inside the envelope! :lol:
  21. D

FT313

I don't object to the two gentlemen being mentioned, but it would be nice for them to be absent for one or two issues at a time!
  22. D

FT313

Can we please, please, please just have one issue without Crowley? Please?
  23. D

Jonathan Creek

For all the Creek fans in Sydney, Davis is in Sydney on Friday 21 March 2014 for a signing.
  24. D

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

Yes, the missing third episode replaced with audio and still pictures threw me off. If they can use animation for The Invasion and The Ice Warriors, why couldn't they have used animation for this one missing episode?
  25. D

Uncon 2014

Since we missed out last year (and in the anniversary year as well!), will there be an Uncon this year?
  26. D

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

Just bought The Eight Doctors novel in a charity shop for fifty cents. Looking forward to reading it!
  27. D

FT311

Have yet to make it to the letters page, and seeing Crowley in Hunt's cartoon again has put me off!
  28. D

Worst Movie EVER?

Skyline would have to be the worst movie ever! Group of friends in a Los Angeles penthouse watch as aliens arrive, abduct people and remove their brains to be put into the bodies of alien soldiers. Lots of characters shouting "Let's leave!", and then being forced back into the penthouse, then...
  29. D

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

Briefly met Peter Davison at the Sydney signing yesterday (got my copy of Castrovalva signed) - they crowd to see him were bigger than the one in Brisbane...
  30. D

Game Of Thrones [Spoilers]

Better "too much plot" than no plot at all!
  31. D

FT311

Congrats! I remember the glee I felt when I first saw my name in the clipping credits! And it's been in there every issue for ten years or so... Oh, that came across as boastful and gloating... :oops:
  32. D

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

One hopes - however scary he might seem! - that he knows how to fly the Tardis by this stage! :lol:
  33. D

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

If only Colin Baker had something like this!
  34. D

FT310

30 January 2014 - according to my abacus! Bring back the Next Month column!
  35. D

Game Of Thrones [Spoilers]

I tried looking for a thread about Game Of Thrones, so forgive me if there is already a thread about this. I've just bought the first three books in the seires ("Buy Two, Get One Free" deal at the bookshop) - am I in for a great read? And, yes, I know there's a tv version of Thrones, but...
  36. D

FT310

My question is - if a parcel from a friend in England can be posted on 3 January 2014 and arrive in Sydney, Australia on 10 January 2014, why does my copy of Fortean Times take between two and three weeks to arrive? :furious:
  37. D

FT310

Forteana requires a clear mind - avoid the Demon Drink! :devil: :_pished: :yeay:
  38. D

FT310

Think he has my copy as well! (Flounces out of room in sulk, eats chocolate, feels better!)
  39. D

FT310

I was begining to wonder that, but then I thought with New Years Day a public holiday, and the Christmas backlogue in the mail system, FT might be delayed just a bit! Hope it comes through soon, sick of seeing tennis and cricket (even though Australia has beaten England, always a good thing!)...
  40. D

Animal Farm

We read this at school - and saw the movie - but it always makes me wonder why people haven't actually seen it by adulthood...
  41. D

FT309

Well, it's meant to be spooky!
  42. D

FT308

Are you a subscriber, or do you buy your copy from the shops?
  43. D

FT306

I look forward to it! Hang on, not like that, it sounded better in my head! You know what I mean! :oops: :lol:
  44. D

Pacific Rim

Is it actually worth the money of buying the dvd?
  45. D

FT308

Isn't he persona non grata because of that? :lol:
  46. D

FT308

Richard Dawkins! I thought He Who Must Not Be Named/He Who Must Be Avoided was persona non grata here!
  47. D

FT308

Thought this issue was a brilliant read! FT at its peak of perfection!
  48. D

FT308

Yes, more pages! It's been done before, and it thoroughly improved the magazine, and we need more Forteana in our lives!
Back