• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. T

Hillsborough: Anatomy Of A Government Cover-Up

There's a distinction to be drawn between those conspiracy theories being scoffed at and cover-ups, of which this is a perfectly good example. I've never heard anyone say, scoffer or not, that cover-ups don't happen. Where people do tend to scoff at conspiracy theories it involves some level of...
  2. T

9/11: The September 11th Attacks

His luggage was held back because it was delivered late from his preceding flight. He was only allowed to board with one piece of hand-luggage. The article you cut and pasted from earlier explains all this: http://911research.wtc7.net/cache/disin ... asuit.html This would require the...
  3. T

Which explosion are you referring to? If it was LIHOP then the plot would presumably have to have included at least one team of baggage-handlers. It hardly seems plausible to extend the plot so far for so little gain - the level of risk-taking would need to have been extraordinary. It's...
  4. T

Wikileaks

Quite. Also, given his political position and his views on gender equality it wouldn't surprise me if he waived the fee (or worked for a nominal sum). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claes_Borg ... ite_note-6
  5. T

25 Ways To Suppress Truth: The Rules of Disinformation

No, on the contrary I'm suggesting that they're sincere believers in the conspiracy theory and probably with an enthusiasm equal to any other believer. I'm suggesting it's in the nature of conspiracy theories (and theorists) to interpret any information as a reinforcement of the theory thus...
  6. T

25 Ways To Suppress Truth: The Rules of Disinformation

Isn't this another way that the conspiracy theory morphs and regenerates itself? Information is put forward to support a conspiracy theory Information turns out to be false and/or embarrassing Information was therefore most likely propaganda against the conspiracy theory With this...
  7. T

Ok, then - a free enough media. You know, the kind which allows individuals to propound The Truth happening before their own eyes and across various uncensored formats?
  8. T

Are examples of such attacks being carried out in countries with a free media so common though? Countries where access to information itself is not restricted by distance, military embedding, censorship and so on? Also, are there examples where so many civilians would be required to assist or at...
  9. T

Let's not also forget that had the Taliban extradited Bin Laden in the wake of the attacks - which they were obliged to do even before 9/11 - then no invasion would have been possible. It would have left the Bush administration searching around for another terrorist spectacular to hitch their...
  10. T

Fukushima Lies

Fukushima increases risk of cancer - but not by much Radiation from Japan's Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant will lead to deaths from cancer - but so few that proving a link with the nuclear accident could be impossible. In the wake of last year's partial meltdown at the plant, a...
  11. T

Was this conspiracy put out to tender or floated on the stock exchange? It's quite the conspiracy which involves factions with their own unique needs. On the contrary it's the conspiracy theorist's point blank refusal/inability to actually give any evidence which is producing this state of...
  12. T

Exactly - that just proves how effective this conspiracy is. Or not.
  13. T

In which case it would surely be very easy to destroy, corrupt or misplace it without becoming embroiled in the most complex and risky mass murder in American history. If I was an American reading of these theories I'd be so proud that bribery and corruption was so difficult to carry out in my...
  14. T

This article is an unattributed cut'n'paste from a Prison Planet article published over six years ago. Is there a reason why it's resurfacing now? That aside he seems to be rather confused when discussing the disorientating effects of the exercises... Which exercises is he referring to...
  15. T

He certainly sounded weary of the questioner. Evidence of what though? And why would it be easier to destroy it in this way rather than through some other process? That's also assuming that there would be no other means of accessing this evidence. It's really stretching the conspiracy theory to...
  16. T

No-one's suggesting he's making anything up. What is being suggested is that his comments are in no way the 'confession' that they've been widely reported to be by conspiracy theorists. If he thought the situation was insoluble due to being a 30 year conspiracy then he'd be contradicting himself...
  17. T

I wouldn't describe his remarks as candid I would describe them as dismissive since he's clearly trying to get away from the people asking the questions (he'd already indicated that he was leaving before the activists politely stopped to pester him). With regard to the 30 year conspiracy - is...
  18. T

Glasgow Rangers' Demise: How to Make Glasgow the new Belfast

On the contrary Wikipedia and UEFA acknowledge Fiorentina's history and titles... http://www.uefa.com/teamsandplayers/tea ... index.html http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ACF_Fiorentina ...but you're right it does depend how you choose to see it. Celtic fans will take a different view as it would...
  19. T

Well, Thomson saw fit to apologise so I'll assume that you consider him to be a bluenose. :lol: Joking aside if a statue erected in memory of the Hillsborough victims had been used in this way it would probably be on the 6 O'Clock News tonight. Undoubtedly the Scottish press have been...
  20. T

Well, you said there was more to come. What your referred to is already in the public domain. Also, you said that the press were coming up with enough ridiculous notions to try and justify the fudging of rules and the abandonment of sporting integrity in order to save the carcass of the Ibrox...
  21. T

No, I requested clarification of a couple of claims you made which you tried to substantiate, that's all. In response to Titch I was referring more to the general zeal and partiality of the subsequent post.
  22. T

I think it's fair to say that 'paranoid' is not an adequate enough label to describe that site. :roll:
  23. T

Oh, don't encourage him, you don't have the time. :lol:
  24. T

Could you elucidate what these other misdemeanours might be? Also, what notions have the press invented to fudge the rules and abandon sporting integrity?
  25. T

All the buildings sustained impacts. Whatever happened the chances of it occuring three times are not multiplied accordingly since they were all part of the same unique event. That's like saying that the chances of an earthquake and a tsunami occuring in any given region on the same day should...
  26. T

Please name one that is comparable to the WTC. Have you? Regardless, the collapses do not "show all the same characteristics of a controlled demolition". You would have to substantiate the allegation that they do. Well, applying that logic we'd have to declare light capable of arriving...
  27. T

What are the precedents for an event of this type that you think are comparable? As far as I can make out there aren't any. Not really. It's a series of assumptions based on what we think we know about controlled demolitions and building collapse in general. It also requires a selective...
  28. T

Perhaps but when people object to being referred to as conspiracy theorists (even when they're offering conspiracy theories) and instead insist on being referred to as truthers for the purposes of shaping debate then a barrier has already been erected. Having followed this debate since pretty...
  29. T

That's fine but it was a question directed at flamesong, who appears to believes that the terminology is important. I am interested to hear what Truthers believe, conspiracy theory or otherwise. I'd have thought that was quite relevant to this thread being as it is in the conspiracy forum and...
  30. T

Do you know many people who would describe themself as Truthers who don't believe in a conspiracy theory surrounding the official account of 9/11? If so what do they happen to believe instead?
  31. T

No, I do.
  32. T

I believe this point has been discussed various times throughout the 9/11 threads. It shouldn't really be a question of credentials, only the evidence - or lack of it. I wouldn't say everyone in the truth movement is a marginal crazy but the rhetoric that often issues from it would suggest...
  33. T

The evidence for such a claim is, as usual, manipulated and overstated. In any case the fact that a supposed warning was given to a fairly peripheral figure due to take off several hours after the hijacked craft from the width of a continent away is hardly supportive of the Inside Job...
  34. T

Drawing on your experience of most truthers roughly what percentage would you estimate state no more than the evidence supporting the official account is either inconclusive or selective? And of those who state as much how many would you say are unconvinced that a conspiracy of some sort on the...
  35. T

Oops! The Silly Mistakes Thread

Hmmm... Man swore at paramedics A POLISH man swore at paramedics who picked him up for being drunk because those were the only English words he knew. Mie Kulpa, 68, was found lying in the road in Higher Union Lane, Torquay, and put in the back of the ambulance. Prosecutor David...
  36. T

Obama 'Birtherism' & Associated Conspiracy Theories

The Lincoln quote read out by Gerard Celente is a fabrication of some vintage: http://www.snopes.com/quotes/lincoln.asp Webster Tarpley's comments that the people on Obama's appointments list "are all Wall Street" with no other background (and no women) represented. Obama's first cabinet...
  37. T

I'll make any number of points without a proper understanding of the subject, thank you very much. That's what make me a man of conviction, a moral hurricane blowing over the trees of deception - just like AJ. :x
  38. T

Osama Bin Laden Is Dead

Well, I guess someone on the other side has a pretty clear idea...
  39. T

I watched this video when it came out 3 years ago but only for about 15 minutes. Literally every single testable claim that Jones or his talking heads made in that time was factually inaccurate - the rest was conjecture. The supposed facts he refers to were all available to research on the...
  40. T

I'd settle for an explanation which is at least as logically and internally consistent as the official account. I've yet to see an outline which doesn't raise more questions about the conspiracy theory being offered than the version of events submitted by the authorities.
  41. T

If there were so many obstacles deliberately laid in the path of a successful resolution to the crisis - military drills, billionaire soirees, understaffing in key areas etc - then why the need to have a further obstacle in the shape of Colonel Marr? If a decision was taken to introduce...
  42. T

Well, at least it gets Col. Marr off the hook. Evidently these non-coincidental events rendered a favourable resolution of the hijackings by him a near impossibility. Or may have. Or indications might be that they may have. Or it is unknown whether they did but they may indicate that they etc...
  43. T

Maybe they were really doing what they said they were really doing. Is that too much to ponder?
  44. T

I'm sorry but I don't really follow this logic. They had foreknowledge. Their operatives went out of their way to document it because they knew it was a false flag operation and one that was going to have every TV camera in New York focused on it. Is this what you're suggesting?
  45. T

Good question. What do you think the answer is?
  46. T

Then you thought wrong. Perhaps you misinterpretted my scepticism that everything that happened that day was not a coincidence. There's plenty of evidence that those accused of the hijacking were on the planes but I've no doubt it could be dismissed as circumstantial if there was a will to do...
  47. T

It's of no relevance whether you originated the claim or not - you repeated it. You are also insinuating that they had foreknowledge. As for the type of candidate I would expect intelligence agencies to recruit - I would expect them to go for the kind of operative who is apparently capable...
  48. T

Twenty something year old kids that you claim were Mossad agents. If that's the sort of behaviour you expect of young people, let alone ones recruited by one of the most successful intelligence agencies in the world, then you must know a uniquely stupid group of young people.
  49. T

It's not really that interesting unless you're now suggesting that they did have foreknowledge. If they had foreknowledge can we then assume that the lack of dancing, high-fiving conspirators elsewhere on 9/11 is evidence of a lack of conspiracy? Or were the others just so cunning and...
Back