• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. heisenbear

People Who Just Disappear (Go Missing)

https://www.westmercia.police.uk/news/west-mercia/news/2022/january/appeal-from-family-of-missing-woman-janet-edwards/ A local woman has just vanished from the face of the earth in Hereford. She hasn't been seen for well over a month now and no-one has any idea what has happened to her. It's...
  2. heisenbear

Haunted Shops

Sainsbury's in Hereford is reputed to be haunted- From the Haunted Hereford FB page "This is the last place where you would expect to find a ghost story, this is a very modern superstore that has many shoppers through its doors daily and it is not an old building. There are many ghost stories...
  3. heisenbear

Does Phone Ring When You Start An Activity?

Ooh Matron! :-)
  4. heisenbear

Does Phone Ring When You Start An Activity?

Mine will ring every time I- Try to perform a tricky or tight manoeuvre at work(trying to get a 32-ton tipper into a tight space) Have my hands up to the elbows in the washing-up. Am excitedly waiting to have a call from someone I WANT to talk to. Use my phone to do a FB Live music video...
  5. heisenbear

More Vivid Dreaming During The COVID-19 Pandemic

Here's a dream I had several years ago that I can remember in pin-sharp detail. And quite a lot of it is becoming horribly familiar- It's dusk on a summer's day. The sun has just set but there is still some light in the sky. I'm walking through my deserted suburb en-route to the supermarket...
  6. heisenbear

More Vivid Dreaming During The COVID-19 Pandemic

I haven't had any vivid or memorable dreams(so far) this week. What I have been having is Deja Vu. And lots of it. The sort of Deja Vu that has stopped me in my tracks.
  7. heisenbear

The Bagpipe Man

I'm banging my head against the wall because this crappy, cold, windy and wet weather shows no sign of getting stuffed. I just want it to be fine and dry so i can get out in the countryside and do some serious practice.
  8. heisenbear

The Bagpipe Man

Speaking from experience:p:D:evil:
  9. heisenbear

The Bagpipe Man

I have one of those Deger PIpes. They will fit in a Pringles tube. My Scottish Smallpipes will fit into a tool bag and definitely a briefcase.
  10. heisenbear

The Bagpipe Man

Try playing them at 3 in the morning in the corridor of a Travelodge whilst three sheets to the wind on cider! Ahem......
  11. heisenbear

The Bagpipe Man

My Highland Pipes live in a backpack/case that has everything but wheels and an engine!
  12. heisenbear

Odd People: Cranks, Eccentrics & Nutters

A couple of weeks ago I was stuck in traffic. A lorry came past quite slowly in the opposite lane and I did a double-take. The driver had a parrot on his left shoulder!
  13. heisenbear

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

I call them widgetybugs.
  14. heisenbear

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

I love the idea of a time-travel laundrette!
  15. heisenbear

Family Find Baked Snake With Their Pizza

I know of a story doing the rounds some years ago in which a local chippy accidentally served up a rubber glove that had been deep-fried in batter.
  16. heisenbear

Dreams That Have Come True

I vaguely remember it happening but didn't think anything of it at the time. At the time I had big fish to fry so it probably joined the rest of the psychic litter that gets caught in the perimeter fence of my subconscious, to just wait for the right sort of wind to start rustling up the memory.
  17. heisenbear

UPDATE! Looks like my dream/premonition regarding the sinkhole has come true. And it has happened in the very street I dreamed about. A link to the local rag that serves this weird little town is here...
  18. heisenbear

Nominative Determinism

I visit lots of building sites as part of my work. The foreman of one such site was a man called Doug Shovlin.
  19. heisenbear

Abandoned, Disused & Ruined Places

The old Bull Ring in Birmingham in it's death throes in the early 2000s. One of the creepiest experiences I ever had was standing on those steps(top right picture) and looking down into that huge deep void with some market stalls below. The creepy part is that it was totally deserted. Empty, but...
  20. heisenbear

Great Dystopias

A world where the masses are controlled and governed by The Network. Heavily edited and doctored news footage. Free-Vee screens everywhere. Public executions disguised as big-bucks TV game shows. A big conspiracy by The Network to cover up fatal levels of pollution. And the story ending with a...
  21. heisenbear

What Did You Dream Of Last Night?

A giant shark made out of tinfoil. It was full of dry-roast peanuts.
  22. heisenbear

I've been meaning to get this one off my chest for some time now, but not quite sure if it really belongs on this thread, so here goes- Back in early 2017, I had a very vivid and unsettling dream that went as follows. It was night time. Or late evening. Either way, it was dark and I had pulled...
  23. heisenbear

Last night's was unsettling. I had a dream that I'd gotten off a flight and had ended up in a gigantic hall with about 500 other people. We were waiting to be ‘cleared’ so we could leave the airport. I sat and fiddled about with a white plastic VHS video camera until the doors were opened. The...
  24. heisenbear

Time Or Dimensional Slips

At the tail end of last autumn, I was walking the dog around the block. I decided to cut a corner to avoid a busy road junction and walked through a street that runs parallel to the main road. The street itself is lined with semi-detached 1970s houses. I got halfway along when everything...
  25. heisenbear

Stephen King

The Bill Hodges Trilogy is a cracking read. The Mr Mercedes series is also brilliant and stays with you after watching. And it has a fantastic soundtrack as well.
  26. heisenbear

Can You ID This Mechanical Item?

That is a screw-lift auger from a waste water(sewerage) plant. It's part of the screening system that separates solid material such as wood etc from the dirty water before it can damage the pumping machinery further down the line. They also run in an inclined channel, hence the angled...
  27. heisenbear

Mirror Superstitions & Superstitious Rituals

I read this years ago. It was one of the first horror books I ever had and I couldn't look in a mirror for ages afterwards!
  28. heisenbear

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

Something happened on Wednesday teatime which spooked me and has been bothering me since. At roughly half five, I was cooking tea and while I was waiting for the water for my pasta to boil. I killed some time by practising my melodeon in preparation for an acoustic session I attended later that...
  29. heisenbear

I had a series of now forgotten dreams, the kind that segue from one scene to another. The stand-out scene was one of wandering into some kind of exhibition hall that was displaying ovens that were the old-fashioned type, maybe from the 1940s or 50s that you used to see in big institutional...
  30. heisenbear

'Earworms' & Stuck-Tune Syndrome

A bit of synchronicity here. About 2 weeks ago, I was watching Room 1408 and in the scene when Mike Enslin is sat in the diner opening his mail, The Weight by The Band is playing in the background. The chorus became stuck in my head and I was humming/singing it for most of the following week...
  31. heisenbear

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

1990. I was 12. My folks decided to have a break from their touring caravan in various Welsh coastal towns. We ended up going to Butlins in Minehead on an off-season cheapo deal as my Dad wanted to try something different. We had a chalet that stank of stale cigarettes and Windolene and it was...
  32. heisenbear

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

When I was in my early teens, I had to endure countless weekends with my parents in their touring caravan in various places that were within a couple of hours driving distance from home. On one particular rain-sodden weekend, we had gone to stay at a caravan park outside of Cirencester that was...
  33. heisenbear

Personal Superstitions

One of my own small superstitions is the varying of routes when I travel to the same place each time. For instance, if I take the most direct route from home to town/work etc, I will always come home a different way. I've always done this, even when I was young. I've no idea why I do it.
  34. heisenbear

Fred & Rosemary West

In the early Nineties, my folks and I used to go shopping in Gloucester on a Saturday afternoon. We used to park the car in a clinic car park that was open to the public on weekends and walk through a side street to get to the city centre, passing a house that somehow used to catch my attention...
  35. heisenbear

Something Unpleasant, Unseen

A couple of years ago, I was at home working away at the computer. Home being a mid-seventies one-bed flat in a quiet building. It had belonged to an elderly lady from new and she ended up living her last year in a retirement home. So my flat had been empty for a long time before being put on...
  36. heisenbear

Abandoned, Disused & Ruined Places

Lewis's Fifth Floor. This is a closed floor within the iconic Lewis's department store in Liverpool. Shut off from the outside world for thirty years, the fifth floor housed three restaurants and a hair salon all of which still retained their glamorous decor and fittings from the stores 1950's...
  37. heisenbear

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

Last year, I was walking into my local Co-op supermarket. The car park is sloped towards the store and at the top of the slope, there was a woman, half in and half out of a Nissan Juke, buckling her kids into the back seat and oblivious to the fact her trolley load of shopping had suddenly...
  38. heisenbear

Prescient Dreams

When I was a kid in the mid-eighties, I remember my mum having a conversation with her sister on the phone. My aunt had had a very vivid dream about an inferno at the Cadbury chocolate factory in Bournville. The next day, we turned on the TV after we had had tea and the picture tuned straight to...
  39. heisenbear

Dreamt I was working late at night in a part of an enormous hotel(?) kitchen with high, white tiled walls. There was nobody else in sight but I could hear all the sounds of various activities and voices. I was at a steel bench that stretched out into the middle distance and I was scooping out...
  40. heisenbear

A short but vivid nightmare last night. I saw a tower crane cab close-up. Then the view zoomed out to show a large, enclosed grab-type thing that was full of people. Then the grab started to move away along the boom, away from the cab and I could hear agonised and terrifying screams of the...
  41. heisenbear

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

I had a browse at the charity book table in my local Co-op this evening. Nothing of Fortean interest but a big old book called 'Places to visit in Britain' caught my eye. I picked it up, opened it at random and my home town was spread across the first two pages I saw. What are the chances?
  42. heisenbear

I was shopping inside a tatty supermarket in a dead, bleak city. It’s a big store with a long, low ceiling and the grimy plate-glass windows overlook a concrete canyon with an underpass at the bottom. There must be 30 checkout desks and I am at the end checkout. The cashier is an elderly man and...
  43. heisenbear

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

I pass through a small Shropshire town on my daily commute. In one of the streets in the town, there is an old-fashioned telephone box that now has a defibrillator installed. Yesterday morning, I passed the phone/defib box and had one of my frequent dark comedy-horror mind movies in which a car...
  44. heisenbear

Spooked On The Job: Your Haunted Workplaces

I own and operate a small business which amongst other things, involves moving and transporting sensitive/confidential documents to be archived. Back in 2010, I was undertaking a job for the local council. I had to remove approximately 50 cardboard document crates from the middle floor of a...
  45. heisenbear

Mysteriously Exploding Or Disintegrating Glass Objects

When I was living at home, in my early teens, I was sat with my parents and my visiting grandparents watching the TV. There was a sudden loud 'BANG!' which made us all jump. Then the sliding glass door to the conservatory started to shatter on it's own accord. We all sat and watched as the web...
  46. heisenbear

Secret World Of Children's Chants

Mummy, mummy, mummy There's something in my nappy. It's big and brown I can't sit down. 'Cos if I do I'll squash it and then you'll have to wash it. The washer's broke and that's no joke. Little Bo Peep has lost her sheep. The butcher knows where to find them. In his shop next to the chops...
  47. heisenbear

The Creepy Bus

I remember a similar sort of scenario on an afternoon TV short film years ago, only with a train instead of a bus. There are 2 young kids travelling on a train. The carriage is full of passengers. The train enters a tunnel and everything goes dark for a while. When the train re-emerges at the...
  48. heisenbear

Films Your Parents Should Not Have Let You Watch

I remember seeing this poster in the window of the local video shop. It used to give me nightmares!
Back