• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. BaronHardacre

Searching For A Short Story

I'll be super shocked if anyone has any idea what I'm talking about, but I remember reading this short story back when I was but a callow youth back in the early 90's (could have been written before, but not too long before as I'll come onto); a couple, devastated by the death/suicide (can't...
  2. BaronHardacre

Terrifying Teeside?

So, my partner, who is a resident of Middlesbrough, has decided that for Halloween she wants to go somewhere "spooky" for a late night walk. Now, not being from those parts myself, I have no clue if there is anywhere open to the public at night where we could do this, and Google seems to be of...
  3. BaronHardacre

The Mysteriously Reappearing Key

I did plan on posting this to Minor Strangeness, but it seems more than minor… Some weeks ago my car (an aged Fiat Punto. I’m not a proud man…) went in for an MOT, but sadly, due to a list of problems as long as my arm, it never came out. The garage disposed of it, thankfully. A couple of days...
  4. BaronHardacre

Chain Reaction

So, having found myself having to use leave up this week, I've found myself wandering the dusty halls of Auntie's iPlayer, specifically the radio one. In doing so I came across a show called "Chain Reaction" where one famous type interviews another, with that weeks interviewee becoming next...
  5. BaronHardacre

The Blacklist

Anyone else watch this...? It has some Fortean appeal: a conspiracy of govt and big business known, as the Cabal; villains with names such as “The Djinn” and “Wendigo”; characters played by such genre favourites as Lance Henriksen, Paul Reubens and Ron Perlman. And of course it poses the most...
  6. BaronHardacre

The Curiously Warm & Fragrant Room...

About six months ago I got a job at a public sector storage facility in West Yorks. Now, my role is to manage the estate (32 buildings over 42 acres), and ensure that any facilities related issues are dealt with. Whilst there are a lot of buildings, some are rather small (a large concrete...
  7. BaronHardacre

The Strange Case Of The Rattling Door

It has been many moons since I last posted in these here parts, so I thought I’d return with a tale to tell. The tale of the door that rattled… In July 2011, a girlfriend and I decided to have a few days break in Liverpool. I had booked an apartment for the visit, so it gave us more...
  8. BaronHardacre

Two Cases in "World's Greatest Unsolved Crimes" Book

I'm currently off work sick (I can hear the "...aawwws..." from here...), and have been catching up with a load of books on mysteries and such bought when I was but a callow youth, and have remained unread since. I'm sure you know the sort of thing: printed on cheap paper with fairly...
  9. BaronHardacre

Guilty Fortean Pleasures

Having just had a day of watching some questionable films that have a Fortean bent, which I happen to love, I was just wondering what everybody else's guilty Fortean pleasures are. If another, similar thread exists, feel free to merge. The films in question were: Biggles:Adventures In Time -...
Back