• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. Doc

Flying Triangle over Fleetwood

Wish we still lived in Blackpool with my scanners, I used to listen to Warton on a regular basis, might have heard something relevant. Taranis sounds very interesting and a possibility.
  2. Doc

People Who Are Discovered Or Re-Surface After Long Disappearances

If I'd ever dated Olivia Nuclear Bomb I'd banish myself to darkest Mexico too
  3. Doc

Syria: Massacres, False Flags, Backroom Diplomacy & Endtimers

Very interesting read, thanks for sharing
  4. Doc

Many unidentifiable artifacts found in Virginia

If you mean image 12 of 24, I would agree with the non-flint burin theory. I've seen plenty of flint burins, and the design, if not the material, matches. Also, 14 of 24 resembles a non-flint hide-scraper.
  5. Doc

Day Of The Animals: Tales Of Man Vs Beast (And Man Suffers)

?How very Fortean!
  6. Doc

Day Of The Animals: Tales Of Man Vs Beast (And Man Suffers)

:drink::revelry:far as I know it's not been shut yet. Oi!! barkeep .. mine's a pint of Bells and a peanut butter soda with two straws for the hamsters ..
  7. Doc

Metal detectors can identify the metal strip in banknotes

It is very true to actual detectorist life in the fields. First hole .. "Wotchya got"? "Bullet". 10th hole "Wotchya got"? Tinfoil. 25th hole .. yay, a Victorian sixpence ... but the humour in the show is spot on.
  8. Doc

Pirate & Unusual Radio Signals

ARIA One being notified of an ICBM launch from Vandenburg AFB, which they are going to track over the Pacific. https://soundcloud.com/doc227/aria1
  9. Doc

Blasphemy

Oh for Bog's sake ...
  10. Doc

And they always will - Silence is Defeat! :)
  11. Doc

When the USAF did test launchings of ICBM's from Vandenburg AFB, the data from the ICBM's was monitored by heavily-instrumented ARIA (Advanced Range Instrumentation Aircraft - see pic), based at Edwards Air Force Base, until the ICBM impacted with the mid-Pacific ocean. This is a section from a...
  12. Doc

Take It Easy Radio .. very "Eagles" themed music radio from the States in the 80's & 90's
  13. Doc

Smoky, my hide & seek playing, ghost-spotting radio cat snoozing on warm rigs listening to late night skip ...
  14. Doc

Like the Minelabs, very good machines. My first detector over here was a Garrett Ace 250, but soon transitioned to a Minelab XTerra 705, while my other half went to a XTerra 70. Now we both have an XP Deus. Can't remember what machine I had in Oz, a cheap Dick Smith one I think, but I trawled...
  15. Doc

I've flown on some unusual missions, and I've eavesdropped on many more, but possibly the scariest non-combat missions I've listened in on are the USAF ICE flights to Antarctica, McMurdo Sound and other bases on the ice, staging through New Zealand and heard on the FltSatCom satellites. Flying...
  16. Doc

:bananas::) The wife and I ARE people who traipse around muddy fields, not necessarily hoping to discover buried treasure, but over the course of 8 years coming home with an impressive collection of Celtic, Saxon, Medieval, Victorian and pre-decimal coinage, brooches and other artifacts...
  17. Doc

Intro to KIPM show "Monsters of the Mind". https://soundcloud.com/doc227/kipmmonstersmind
  18. Doc

The people to contact over possible Amateur Radio interference are OfComm. They will investigate the case including looking at his equipment. An amateur radio licence is issued only on the understanding of not causing interference to other services.
  19. Doc

Thylacines (Post-1936 Sightings)

Hi and welcome Andy. I am ashamed to say that the last documented Thylacine kill, in May 1930, was done by someone with my own surname. I've never researched the possible family connection, because I don't want to find out if I am related to him...
  20. Doc

There is also the Q Code, or Brevity Code; there are different Q Codes for Maritime use, Aero use, and Amateur Radio use. Mainly used in morse, they can also be spoken. The most-used Amateur Q Code is below I've left out a few which would rarely be used by Amateurs. QRA What is the name of...
  21. Doc

It makes a transmission less trackable, because of the short duration. "Burst" mode, used by Special Forces, can encapsulate voice or morse into a second or two; no chance of triangulation.
  22. Doc

My Dad was a Royal Navy Telegraphist in the 1950's, and he could still send and receive morse at 40WPM while reading a novel with his feet up in his mid-60's. He used the standard "up'n'down" morse key. During the Korean War (sorry - "police action"), while he served on the destroyer HMS...
  23. Doc

There are some really weird out-of-this-world data signal sounds. Even digitally-encrypted speech (got some somewhere). I remember as a 10yo kid in Manchester, tuning through HF on our first multi-band transistor radio with my mate, hearing a radio-fax signal (not knowing what it was) and...
  24. Doc

Bless the Emergency Services; Pasco Fire Department, Florida, USA (recorded on Low-VHF skip in Queensland, Australia). https://soundcloud.com/doc227/pascofd :clap:
  25. Doc

A quick burst of Over-The-Horizon Radar or Ionospheric Sounder on HF. https://soundcloud.com/doc227/othr
  26. Doc

Glad to hear that there are quite a few left still. I haven't been on LF/HF much lately as I've been concentrating more on VHF/UHF military and airline frequencies. I might see if I can string up a stealth antenna outside and have a listen around.
  27. Doc

I mourn the slow passing of the NDB's. For those who haven't heard of them or haven't tuned in to them, they are (in too many cases now - were) small Omni-directional transmitters, located mostly at practically every commercial airfield in the world. They transmit 1, 2, 3 and sometimes 4...
  28. Doc

Very well said Ermintrude! :clap: I know I'd rather spend a day and a night in a low-QRM location (preferably back in time in the fringe-radio era of the 60's to 90's), turning the dial minutely-slowly, waiting for the whisper of weak signal noise in the cans and then working to boost it, and...
  29. Doc

I'll listen out for this if I'm home! Thanks Rynner2!
  30. Doc

HAARP antenna farm ..
  31. Doc

Isn't it just!!
  32. Doc

Here's one for you Erm. HAARP transmission .... https://soundcloud.com/doc227/haarp
  33. Doc

Glad you like it Montrosa!
  34. Doc

Adventist World Radio, transmitting Christian religious programming into South East Asia from Guam https://soundcloud.com/doc227/awr2
  35. Doc

I suppose it's like golf or tennis - you are either interested in it or can't see the point. There's the technical/electronics/mathematics side to it too. Still, you're either into it or not.
  36. Doc

Yes, it can be about distance, getting the best out of your rigs and antennae, there are certificates to go for, "Worked all Countries/Continents/Islands" etc, some hams work only on voice (but must know Morse), some work only in Morse, some work only HF, some only VHF and UHF (mountain to...
  37. Doc

KIPM again https://soundcloud.com/doc227/kipmdeep
  38. Doc

That Vaguely Un-Nerving Feeling....

Me too.
  39. Doc

No. Used to have a full workshop in a double garage. Now in a flat with smoke detectors connected to the block fire panel/alarm system. :(
  40. Doc

I used to do that in Oz! Silver and glass-enamel. Sold it on weekend markets and by email-order. Had it up on a website (long dead now). Very satisfying.
  41. Doc

Tech Help (Beyond This Forum)

Won't necessarily but should see url ...
  42. Doc

Signoff of Alfa Lima International, from the Netherlands. https://soundcloud.com/doc227/alistatid3
  43. Doc

WAIR - All Indi Radio (a wordplay on the legit "All India Radio") signing off. https://soundcloud.com/doc227/wairindysignoff
  44. Doc

Amazing isn't it - 50 year-old airframes being flown by 25 year-old crews. I knew a boomie who was 23. I didn't like his workstation much though. I like lying down, but not at 30,000ft looking straight down.
  45. Doc

Yeah, a straight-ahead inline tow is possible because the boom is designed to compensate for tiny changing amounts of airspeed forward and backward, as the fighter undergoes drag or surges, but an lateral or upward actual blow could be dangerous. Excellent article!!
  46. Doc

(Edited for brevity) Signals like this always made me think of this track by the TomTom Club, Booming and Zooming. It's about the F-104 Starfighter, the high-altitude supersonic fighter the Luftwaffe called the "Flying Coffin". Good video too. They've got a word wrong in the last verse of...
  47. Doc

Yes, I could switch through antennae to see which could hear the sigs the best.
Back