• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. gerhard1

My Prime Is Bigger Than Yours

Thank you. Are you doing well?
  2. gerhard1

My Prime Is Bigger Than Yours

I watched this video and it reminded me of this discussion.
  3. gerhard1

Time Or Dimensional Slips

Interesting youtube video One incident occurred in South Wales, and the other in Oklahoma.
  4. gerhard1

Lost Cities & Towns

17280 feet according to Google earth.
  5. gerhard1

The Atlantis Thread

This is an interesting video, presenting fairly different theories.
  6. gerhard1

Phantom (Apocryphal; Transient) Islands

This is a somewhat fanciful video, but I found it interesting nonetheless.
  7. gerhard1

Point Nemo

I'd love to go to it someday. Point Nemo and Bouvet Island are both on my bucket list of places to visit.
  8. gerhard1

Prehistoric Maritime Global Kingdom?

If memory serves, David Hatcher Childress goes into this in one of his Lost Cities books.
  9. gerhard1

The "Bennington Triangle" (Vermont)

I just downloaded this BTS episode and was about to post it, but I see it's already here. ETA: One thing about BTS is that they usually present more than one explanation for the phenomena that they look at. Sometimes the conventional conclusion is the best one.
  10. gerhard1

Places That Feel Hostile Or Wrong

The closest that I can come to your experience is a house my mother and I owned in the state of Washington near Seattle. We kept hearing things fall in the kitchen when we were elsewhere in the house, things turned up missing, etc. One time while my brother, a deputy sheriff, was there we...
  11. gerhard1

Point Nemo

The Pacific Pole of Inaccessibility A long time prior to this posting, I had noticed the coincidence of HP Lovecraft locating the resting place of Cthulhu so close to the point.
  12. gerhard1

Sightings By Sceptics?

Didn't know there was a different meaning that was determined by the spelling. Be that as it may, I am a skeptic (or sceptic) when it comes to UFOs, and I have seen aerial phenomena that I can't explain, so I am open-minded. Being cognizant of the fact that there are many things that we don't...
  13. gerhard1

Ancient Stone Structures In Saudi Arabia ('Gates'; Mustatils; Etc.)

This may be related: https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/the-nabateans-ancient-people-culture.63143/
  14. gerhard1

The Atlantis Thread

Interesting bit on Hy Brasil. https://www.irishcentral.com/roots/history/hy-brasil-irelands-disappearing-island
  15. gerhard1

The Finnmen — Inuits In Early-Modern Scotland

Perhaps this is relevant here: American Indians in Roman Europe, http://www.strangehistory.net/2010/06/06/american-indians-in-roman-europe/
  16. gerhard1

Lost Cities & Towns

EnolaGaia is always the scholar. Thank you.
  17. gerhard1

Lost Cities & Towns

They are, aren't they?
  18. gerhard1

Lost Cities & Towns

This youtube video brought to mind a conversation between EnolaGaia and yours truly, about an account of one George Kershon concerning a lost city in the remote Alaska interior. Could Kershon have stumbled across something after all? Now, I wonder.
  19. gerhard1

The Yowie

While they try to avoid people in general, perhaps the cougars, and by extension, the Yowie (or yeti, sasquatch, etc) were or are protecting their young. A possibility in any event.
  20. gerhard1

Prehistoric Maritime Global Kingdom?

This brings to mind a group called the Sea Peoples, about which almost nothing is known. Also, the Phoenicians were fantastic sailors, as well as traders. The city of Carthage was founded by them about 1000 BCE, and was a very major power in the Mediterranean until Rome finally destroyed...
  21. gerhard1

Lost Cities & Towns

It seems like I have heard the name, but I recall nothing else about it.
  22. gerhard1

Interesting Youtube Channel

Fixed it.
  23. gerhard1

The word 'interesting' is misspelled. Typo on my part.
  24. gerhard1

Mostly it deals with strange disappearances, and it seems to keep its' options open as far as paranormal explanations are concerned. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6SHHgG7Xeh-3g1sUu8Fn3A Mods, if this is not the right subforum please feel free to move.
  25. gerhard1

The Atlantis Thread

In other words, we go by the original meaning.
  26. gerhard1

The Atlantis Thread

As I see it, there are two fundamental questions here. One is 'did Atlantis exist in the first place?' and if the answer to that question is yes, then where was it? Those who tend to believe that it did exist (and I am among them) have an uphill battle to fight because there is little if any...
  27. gerhard1

Now that you mention it, it is a definite possibility. What do you think of the idea that assuming the stories are true, that time-slips may be an answer?
  28. gerhard1

Assuming that these stories are not total fantasy, (a BIG assumption) could time-slips be a possible explanation?
  29. gerhard1

Lost Dutch Colony???

I might have mentioned the idea of a lost dutch colony in Australia before. It's an intriguing idea and one that I find quite plausible. The problem is that there is not very much to back it up. At the era in question, the Dutch were in their East Indies colony, so it is quite possible that...
  30. gerhard1

Lost Cities & Towns

Could this be the source of the legend of the lost city of Burrungu?
  31. gerhard1

Mammoths: Out Of The Past & On The Horizon

Open to a lot of possibilities here, including a hoax, but Siberia is a vast area, and much of it has not had humans to set foot on it, so I'm open to small numbers of them still being around..
  32. gerhard1

Dogs Can't Track You Through a River (Urban Legend?)

It is said that a few dogs can track through scents left in the air. This was allegedly done in the 1960s in Pennsylvania, in the Peggy Ann Bradnick kidnapping case, in which an FBI agent was killed. These dogs, one of which was killed by the kidnapper, were able to follow trails that were...
  33. gerhard1

Worst Movie EVER?

Not everyone has this attitufde. According to some on the previously-mentioned IMDb forums, there was something very seriously wrong with you if you did not just absolutely LOVE this enthralling cinematic masterpiece. Sorry, but I didn't care for it at all.
  34. gerhard1

Fortean Headlines

Here is Fox News' take on it. https://www.foxnews.com/science/mysterious-monolith-discovered-in-utah-rocks
  35. gerhard1

Lost Cities & Towns

Ignatius Donnelly's 1882 book Atlantis The Antediluvian World https://www.globalgreyebooks.com/ebooks/ignatius-donnelly/atlantis-the-antediluvian-world/atlantis-the-antediluvian-world.pdf
  36. gerhard1

New Orleans Vampires?

Thank you. Much appreciated!
  37. gerhard1

Worst Movie EVER?

2001: A Space Odyssey. This film bored me to tears. I'm not being a troll like I was accused of on the old IMDb forums. The lawyer Vincent Bugliosi coined the phrase 'Toscaninni of Tedium' in the Manson trial amd I could almost swear that this film was what he had in mind.
  38. gerhard1

New Orleans Vampires?

Thank you noble sir.
  39. gerhard1

New Orleans Vampires?

Even though I remain sceptical of their existence, I don't rule them out 100%. 99%, yes. but not 100%.
  40. gerhard1

New Orleans Vampires?

The first time I heard of the Carter Brothers was on the youtube channel BedTime Stories. BTS is usually pretty good in presenting opposing points of view, but in their segment on American vampires they seem to have missed the boat a bit. Fortunately, this was easy to check out because of...
  41. gerhard1

New Orleans Vampires?

The legend says that the Carter brothers were vampires in the Big Easy. https://authorlyngibson.wordpress.com/2014/10/31/the-carter-brothers-another-new-orleans-vampire-legend/ The brothers John & Wayne Carter were supposedly hanged in the early 1930's in Louisiana. I have not been able to...
  42. gerhard1

Living Pterosaurs: North America

While I don't reject all such report out of hand, I do require solid evidence. I'd treat such accounts as I do any anomaly.
  43. gerhard1

Ancient Tribes Still Roam The Earth!

There was a tribe of Aborigines that was first discovered in the 1980's, in if memory serves, Western Australia. I'm open to the possibility tht there might be more un-contacted groups to discover.
  44. gerhard1

Long Walk? Did It Not Describe A Meeting With Two Yetis

The quoted post is from this thread. https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/interesting-eye-witness-account-of-mongolian-neanderthal.61429/
  45. gerhard1

Alaska Mystery (Port Chatham; Portlock)

That was an interesting article. Thank you for posting it.
  46. gerhard1

Alaska Mystery (Port Chatham; Portlock)

I did some checking on wikipedia and there seems to be something to it. Plus, this turned up in my google search. https://www.alaskamagazine.com/articles/somethings-afoot-in-port-chatham-century-old-rumors-persist-of-a-terror-in-the-mountains/
  47. gerhard1

The Black Knight!

C&P from yours truly on another site. Is there an object of unknown origin orbiting the earth? I asked an air force veteran about it and he indirectly confirmed its' existence, but said that it was classified and he couldn't tell me any more about it. It first came to public notice after...
  48. gerhard1

Ghost Ships: Spectral Ships & Vessels

It is an interesting story, isn't it?
  49. gerhard1

Ghost Ships: Spectral Ships & Vessels

The case of the Ivan Vassiliy is also looked at in Vincent Gaddis' book Invisible Horizons. Gaddis is the one who coined the term 'Bermuda Triangle'.
  50. gerhard1

Electric Chair / Act Of God?

This claptrap likely comes from the same place that holds a boxer's or other martial artist's have to be registered with the police as deadly weapons. Someone tried to tell me this once and got very pissed-off when I said it was not true. Hands of a boxer can be considered deadly weapons but...
Back