• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Time Or Dimensional Slips

Something like this Mrs Smith is serving in a shop in say 1970 and someone comes in wearing clothes that are completely out of the time period (lets say skinny jeans ) fast forward 50 years Mrs Smith meets the same guy and remembers him something like that.

I understand that people don't have timeslips by choice they just seem to happen and they are a bit random in where they land, I am fascinated by timeslips in to the future, but most seem tend to slip into the past.

There is a story (and I've forgotten where I read it) about a couple of kids who climbed a hill during the war and met two men in spacesuits who told them something like they were not meant to be there, I can't remember the exact details but it was in the UK
Well, there are a number of cases which do match your first scenario. As you say, time slips to the past outnumber those to the future (about 4-1, I would say).
I think the case you quote may be from Jenny Randles. Two children heard a couple of men discussing them and their future experiences, unaware that they could be heard.

Well, there are a number of cases which do match your first scenario. As you say, time slips to the past outnumber those to the future (about 4-1, I would say).
I think the case you quote may be from Jenny Randles. Two children heard a couple of men discussing them and their future experiences, unaware that they could be heard.
That's the one, is there anything on line about the above case?

Something like this Mrs Smith is serving in a shop in say 1970 and someone comes in wearing clothes that are completely out of the time period (lets say skinny jeans ) fast forward 50 years Mrs Smith meets the same guy and remembers him something like that.

I understand that people don't have timeslips by choice they just seem to happen and they are a bit random in where they land, I am fascinated by timeslips in to the future, but most seem tend to slip into the past.

There is a story (and I've forgotten where I read it) about a couple of kids who climbed a hill during the war and met two men in spacesuits who told them something like they were not meant to be there, I can't remember the exact details but it was in the UK
Bearing in mind the fallibility of memory, I would look very sideways at Mrs Smith if she managed to remember in such precise detail something that happened fifty years ago. Unless, at the time, she had written down the event, complete with a sketch of the person and the clothes they were wearing.

It is far, far too easy for the mind to retro-fit details for an 'Oh yes, I remember this happening before, fifty years ago and I recognise you!'. I'm not sure I'd remember ANYONE that precisely fifty years later.

Bearing in mind the fallibility of memory, I would look very sideways at Mrs Smith if she managed to remember in such precise detail something that happened fifty years ago. Unless, at the time, she had written down the event, complete with a sketch of the person and the clothes they were wearing.

It is far, far too easy for the mind to retro-fit details for an 'Oh yes, I remember this happening before, fifty years ago and I recognise you!'. I'm not sure I'd remember ANYONE that precisely fifty years later.
Agreed, it is asking a bit too much. But, going back to the Imogen Mothercare case, the opportunity has been around for a couple of decades to find out who were working at the shop over the years (especially the 80s) and asking the witness to see if she could recognise any of them (presented in an array of other photos). If so, and the store manager who declined her card is still alive, she could be asked if she remembered the incident (highly unlikely, maybe, but worth trying). Likewise the shop assistant at the Leeds newsagents in the two sisters case. The one case where the witness did meet the couple who gave him a lift twice afterwards (they had grown noticeably older and said he hadn't aged since they met him years before) hasn't got us any written evidence. Sooner or later a case will come along where it all comes together, hopefully!

Agreed, it is asking a bit too much. But, going back to the Imogen Mothercare case, the opportunity has been around for a couple of decades to find out who were working at the shop over the years (especially the 80s) and asking the witness to see if she could recognise any of them (presented in an array of other photos). If so, and the store manager who declined her card is still alive, she could be asked if she remembered the incident (highly unlikely, maybe, but worth trying). Likewise the shop assistant at the Leeds newsagents in the two sisters case. The one case where the witness did meet the couple who gave him a lift twice afterwards (they had grown noticeably older and said he hadn't aged since they met him years before) hasn't got us any written evidence. Sooner or later a case will come along where it all comes together, hopefully!
Timeslips are absolutely may favourite category of Forteana and I would absolutely LOVE for there to be some irrefutable evidence of some kind (something brought back, someone being remembered, that kind of thing).

Timeslips are absolutely may favourite category of Forteana and I would absolutely LOVE for there to be some irrefutable evidence of some kind (something brought back, someone being remembered, that kind of thing).
There is one location where at least two time slips occurred that would have been pretty convincing evidence, will attach file.

Attachments

• The Riddle Of The Ravine_ A Mysterious Corner In The Heart Of Moscow - Moskvaer.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 71
That's the one, is there anything on line about the above case?
OK, I located the story, in Randles' Supernatural Pennines, p.191:

Summary: In 1942 Bernard (surname not given) in Manchester befriended a young girl Angela Shine, an evacuee from Surrey. One summer day they walked up a hill to the east of Manchester near a firing range. What Jenny calls The Oz Factor, an unnatural calm, settled on them as they sat under a tree. They heard voices and saw two men standing over them. One said, "Here they are." They were handsome men in bright suits, and the second man was reading numbers from a device in his hand, while talking about time. One said, "They are beautiful children, aren't they?" They then spoke directly to the witnesses, apparently reading from a script of events to happen in their futures. They told the children not to tell anyone, it was a secret. Bernard asked where they came from, and the answer was "A long way away." They told the children to sleep, and they fell into a daze. When they awoke, having seemingly been there only two hours, it turned out that they had been missing over a day. The area had been searched with no sign of them. Later on both had small puncture marks on their brachial arteries [Bernard became a nurse later. Google says that artery serves the upper arm.]

I checked on the girl. Angela K. Shine was born Jan-March 1933 in Croydon, Surrey, mother Holt. In Oct-Dec 1950 she married Clifford E. Bailey in Harrow. [I lived in Harrow until 2003, might even have seen her around!] No record of any children. No record in the 1939 register.

Summary: In 1942 Bernard (surname not given) in Manchester befriended a young girl Angela Shine, an evacuee from Surrey. One summer day they walked up a hill to the east of Manchester near a firing range. What Jenny calls The Oz Factor, an unnatural calm, settled on them as they sat under a tree. They heard voices and saw two men standing over them. One said, "Here they are." They were handsome men in bright suits, and the second man was reading numbers from a device in his hand, while talking about time. One said, "They are beautiful children, aren't they?" They then spoke directly to the witnesses, apparently reading from a script of events to happen in their futures. They told the children not to tell anyone, it was a secret. Bernard asked where they came from, and the answer was "A long way away." They told the children to sleep, and they fell into a daze. When they awoke, having seemingly been there only two hours, it turned out that they had been missing over a day. The area had been searched with no sign of them. Later on both had small puncture marks on their brachial arteries [Bernard became a nurse later. Google says that artery serves the upper arm.]

I checked on the girl. Angela K. Shine was born Jan-March 1933 in Croydon, Surrey, mother Holt. In Oct-Dec 1950 she married Clifford E. Bailey in Harrow. [I lived in Harrow until 2003, might even have seen her around!] No record of any children. No record in the 1939 register.
What is the significance of Bernard's future profession? Did the men predict that?

I would love to find out more about my Oz Factor in 1988 which I have bored the good folk on this forum a few threads to many but in a nutshell it was I was in Detached from my own surroundings in a dream like sense and then me and my mate saw the Orange Orb/ Ball in the sky and thinking now when we watched for that brief moment it shot off upwards in the sky like it caught us observing it and I did a dream like sprint for the bus which was in a distance 300 meters away but yes I think I experienced the Oz Factor effect but sadly no Time Slip :(

Thank you so much I have been looking for that story for ages!

It seems significant to me, that perhaps they were time travellers? Because if we believe that Timeslips are genuine slips in the fabric of time, perhaps in the future someone would be able to induce them

l’m going to bet that this occurred at or near Diggle Ranges. There have been rifle ranges there since 1860, and they would have been very active in the war years.

054AD5AA-B780-49FD-8565-1A7E3430B81B.png

maximus otter

Forgive me for my cynicism here (as I said, timeslips are my absolute favourites), but does anyone else get shades of 'Wake up Little Suzy' when they read this?

Thank you so much I have been looking for that story for ages!

It seems significant to me, that perhaps they were time travellers? Because if we believe that Timeslips are genuine slips in the fabric of time, perhaps in the future someone would be able to induce them
It's certainly an unusual story. The idea that our lives are planned out in advance is not new but having someone with some strange device in his hand talking about it certainly is! Traditionally this kind of idea is presented in a religious context. Mystics say that time is an illusion anyway, and that events in past and future are constantly influencing us in the present.

Forgive me for my cynicism here (as I said, timeslips are my absolute favourites), but does anyone else get shades of 'Wake up Little Suzy' when they read this?
I see what you mean, but of course the key element is their not being found, asleep or not, when that area was searched. This is something that happens sometimes with time slips and other glitches -- Reddit has many such stories.

It's certainly an unusual story. The idea that our lives are planned out in advance is not new but having someone with some strange device in his hand talking about it certainly is! Traditionally this kind of idea is presented in a religious context. Mystics say that time is an illusion anyway, and that events in past and future are constantly influencing us in the present.
He was probably just looking on wikipidia :p

He was probably just looking on wikipidia :p
Or he could have a snapshot of this forum on his device, the mind boggles

After having a good think about it, I am now more inclined to think of "Timeslips" as more a shift in dimension, in many cases the same but with slight differences, I kind of think that with many hypnotic regression cases what people describe seems to be spot on apart from some obvious detail like there is no record of them ever existing in this dimension but I digress

To be honest, if you lie on the ground in summer you are liable to get puncture marks all over. Ants are absolute buggers.

How much later is 'later on'? Did they only discover the puncture marks later? Is the suspicion that the 'visitors' came back at a later date and inserted the puncture marks or that they were inflicted on the day this happened and only showed up later?

I know nobody can really answer these questions unless they have the entire paperwork in front of them, but these are just questions that occur to me...

To be honest, if you lie on the ground in summer you are liable to get puncture marks all over. Ants are absolute buggers.

How much later is 'later on'? Did they only discover the puncture marks later? Is the suspicion that the 'visitors' came back at a later date and inserted the puncture marks or that they were inflicted on the day this happened and only showed up later?

I know nobody can really answer these questions unless they have the entire paperwork in front of them, but these are just questions that occur to me...
I wouldn't be too impressed by the alleged puncture marks either, but the basic story is very interesting. The facts that the searchers failed to find them, whereas they thought they had stayed in the same spot, and had no idea that so much time had passed, are details that come up in some of the recent glitch cases. So I think this thread is the right place to discuss the story -- a time and dimensional slip all right.

Assuming that these stories are not total fantasy, (a BIG assumption) could time-slips be a possible explanation?

Back