• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Time Or Dimensional Slips

Was this Bold Street again?

The smell and dulled colours are characteristic. We rarely hear about the weather during these time-slips so i wonder if they happen on days when thunder storms are brewing (one of Jenny's theories).
People used to often say that when they'd experienced what they believed to be a time-slip, everything took on a sort of 'flat' lifeless appearance along with a feeling of melancholy.
Do people still report these things in recent cases?

Again, the metallic taste/smell thing seems to precede some cases of epileptic fit or seizure. My daughter in law reports that this is her first indication that she's going into fitting (and sometimes she can put off the fit if she catches it at this stage). So I wonder if it (and, by extension, the experience) is an artifact of the brain.

Was this Bold Street again?

The smell and dulled colours are characteristic. We rarely hear about the weather during these time-slips so i wonder if they happen on days when thunder storms are brewing (one of Jenny's theories).

Being pedantic here but if you watch archive footage there appears to be no discernible difference between the latter Victorian years and the early Edwardian years and so how could the witness be certain it was the latter and not the former?
Yes Bold Street. ‘It was summer time and warm as it was “in the real world”’. I did think that about the period. Although unless right on the cusp I’d be able to tell Victorian from Edwardian although I do have a history degree. A lot of people are very vague on eras.

Again, the metallic taste/smell thing seems to precede some cases of epileptic fit or seizure. My daughter in law reports that this is her first indication that she's going into fitting (and sometimes she can put off the fit if she catches it at this stage). So I wonder if it (and, by extension, the experience) is an artifact of the brain.
The latest incident her mother looked up from inside the shop and saw her missing outside.

The latest incident her mother looked up from inside the shop and saw her missing outside.
But this could be explained. She could have gone behind something, or been obscured by something or have moved (particularly if having some kind of brain episode, she may have gone to lean against a wall or post, moving without being aware of it) and just not visible to her mother in that moment.

There are occasions when a horse and cart/carriage and horses can be seem on the streets of modern day Britain, such as funerals and even brewery deliveries as was the case in Horsham in 1989 when I visited my sister there. Ken Dodd's funeral is a high profile example of this in Liverpool;

JS147504093.jpeg

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/live-updates-funeral-ken-dodd-14462454

So that in itself isn't necessarily evidence a time-slip is taking place although I accept it is all about the context of the moment.

Something I have thought as well. Brains can be very tricky things indeed.

I don’t know if we’ve had this one.

Tombland Norwich: creepy toilets and a time-travel tale​

https://www.edp24.co.uk/lifestyle/23147452.tombland-norwich-creepy-toilets-time-travel-tale/
That has been posted about on here before but it was nice to read it again even if I am sceptical. I seem to remember that vicar had written articles or something about paranormal stuff as well.

To me, the story is too neatly packaged and so I take that being true with a hefty pinch of salt. It would be great if it was true.

If I had been the wife, despite me being a bloke, I would have put it being a mens toilet aside and gone and checked as she said 'the woman swore she could not have missed her partner leaving' which means she knew for a fact there were no other men using the loo. She was worried her husband had had a heart attack or fallen down the stairs and she never went to check for herself? Yeah, right.

That has been posted about on here before but it was nice to read it again even if I am sceptical. I seem to remember that vicar had written articles or something about paranormal stuff as well.

To me, the story is too neatly packaged and so I take that being true with a hefty pinch of salt. It would be great if it was true.

If I had been the wife, despite me being a bloke, I would have put it being a mens toilet aside and gone and checked as she said 'the woman swore she could not have missed her partner leaving' which means she knew for a fact there were no other men using the loo. She was worried her husband had had a heart attack or fallen down the stairs and she never went to check for herself? Yeah, right.
https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/time-or-dimensional-slips.13755/page-71#post-2222185

It does read like a TS story, and lets not forget that LF is a writer, however taken at face value given the evidence it can't have been a future timeslip because the toilets are not there in the future, if true the only plausible explanation is that it was a dimensional slip

Was Fanthorpe ever a member of this forum? This incident happened at around about the time Fanthorpe was hosting Fortran TV and so the witnesses might well have recognised him and invented or exaggerated the events.

Back to the cars, being silent/quieter is just one change from the 1990s to the advent of production model electric cars, as we now have large SUVs and even the Mini is twice the size it used to be. Also colours other than silver and space grey were far more common back then. Yet neither of these is mentioned.

Was Fanthorpe ever a member of this forum? This incident happened at around about the time Fanthorpe was hosting Fortran TV and so the witnesses might well have recognised him and invented or exaggerated the events.
Wondered that too, in the article it's just said that they figured it "happened before the mid 1990s" so it's possible.

As for the cars, the description amounts to "were almost silent, it sounded as though they had electric engines rather than the normal internal combustion engines we’re used to" but modern cars are nearly silent compared older cars, electric or petrol. Without knowing what sort of cars they were - did they look like the cars we have now or the cars in the 90s? - it's a tantalizing detail that doesn't lend any clarity.

Also, in the article it says, "Rev Fanthorpe and wife Patricia had returned from a walk around the Cathedral and to their car parked next to the underground toilets in Tombland (neither exist today, dating this experience to, we believe, before the mid-1990s)" Did they tear down the cathedral too?

Attended a retro event this last week and got chatting to someone who mentioned that it was like being in a timeslip, which got me interested.

It transpired that 30 years ago he and his partner wanted to move to the North East of the UK for work. Partner worked away in London and asked him to look out for new build properties in the area they wanted and to take photos. (Obviously pre internet and satellite view etc). He spent a week looking at new developments but an advert in the local free paper piqued his interest and he went to look at a very small development being built on land adjacent to an old vicarage. When he got there very early one morning he found that all the properties had been built and all occupied, although one was for sale. Took photos and left a bit disappointed. Took partner to look at the house for sale and found that the whole development was still being built and the photos developed later showed that.

Like his partner had done I asked whether he was sure that it was the same place but apparently the vicarage was very distinctive. They didn't go back unfortunately to see whether the development was as he "saw" it initially and he could not recall where it was but the episode obviously left a great impression on him. I'll see him again no doubt at the next event and try to jog his memory about the location. It is possible that having viewed several sites in one week he could have got them confused, but he was adamant, so perhaps a touch of a time slip into the future?

Attended a retro event this last week and got chatting to someone who mentioned that it was like being in a timeslip, which got me interested.

It transpired that 30 years ago he and his partner wanted to move to the North East of the UK for work. Partner worked away in London and asked him to look out for new build properties in the area they wanted and to take photos. (Obviously pre internet and satellite view etc). He spent a week looking at new developments but an advert in the local free paper piqued his interest and he went to look at a very small development being built on land adjacent to an old vicarage. When he got there very early one morning he found that all the properties had been built and all occupied, although one was for sale. Took photos and left a bit disappointed. Took partner to look at the house for sale and found that the whole development was still being built and the photos developed later showed that.

Like his partner had done I asked whether he was sure that it was the same place but apparently the vicarage was very distinctive. They didn't go back unfortunately to see whether the development was as he "saw" it initially and he could not recall where it was but the episode obviously left a great impression on him. I'll see him again no doubt at the next event and try to jog his memory about the location. It is possible that having viewed several sites in one week he could have got them confused, but he was adamant, so perhaps a touch of a time slip into the future?
If the vicarage was that distinctive, it seems unlikely that he could have confused it for somewhere else.

To say that all the properties were occupied suggests that they all had cars in the drive and curtains at the windows etc.

A good one!

Love these cases relating to buildings time-slipping.

The big question is does he still have the photos? Or did the camera jam or the photos vanish from the film/

Love these cases relating to buildings time-slipping.

The big question is does he still have the photos? Or did the camera jam or the photos vanish from the film/
He states that when the photos were developed it showed the houses as still under construction. If true, then his eyes saw one thing and the camera lens another.

I don't remember anyone involved in a time slip ever taking pictures of it.

Someone on a Facebook Timeslip group posted a link to this today and I can't obviously find a mention of it here on Forteana Forums but sorry if it's been mentioned before. It's dated 18th July 2020 and runs for about 11 minutes. The presenter's identity is not stated. He claims he was involved in a Southampton police case. Supposedly a man disappeared one Friday, his wife reporting him missing, he reappeared in his bedroom the next day thinking it was the same day and was getting ready for a Friday night out, not realising it was now Saturday (or Sunday, couldn't quite follow). They went to the GP to start look into medical explanations for his not knowing where he had been.

A week later, he vanished again -- for good.

So the video claims!
Comments are turned off. Anyone know anything about this?

Last edited:
Someone on a Facebook Timeslip group posted a link to this today and I can't obviously find a mention of it here on Forteana Forums but sorry if it's been mentioned before. It runs for about 11 minutes and it's a man whose identity is not stated, claiming he was involved in a Southampton police case. Supposedly a man disappeared one Friday, his wife reporting him missing, he reappeared in his bedroom the next day thinking it was the same day and was getting ready for a Friday night out, not realising it was now Saturday (or Sunday, couldn't quite follow). They went to the GP to start look into medical explanations for his not knowing where he had been.

So the video claims!
Edited: I tried to post a link to the YouTube video but it comes up on here as 'unavailable'. The title is 'Mystery disappearance' and the channel is 'Legacy Box'. It's dated 18th July 2020.

Video is unavailable. Looks like it was removed.

Someone on a Facebook Timeslip group posted a link to this today and I can't obviously find a mention of it here on Forteana Forums but sorry if it's been mentioned before. It runs for about 11 minutes and it's a man whose identity is not stated, claiming he was involved in a Southampton police case. Supposedly a man disappeared one Friday, his wife reporting him missing, he reappeared in his bedroom the next day thinking it was the same day and was getting ready for a Friday night out, not realising it was now Saturday (or Sunday, couldn't quite follow). They went to the GP to start look into medical explanations for his not knowing where he had been.

So the video claims!
Edited: I tried to post a link to the YouTube video but it comes up on here as 'unavailable'. The title is 'Mystery disappearance' and the channel is 'Legacy Box'. It's dated 18th July 2020.

Intriguing although sadly could just be the onset of dementia and knowing Southampton it is possible the guy met his unfortunate end in the water (unless it can be shown he disappeared from within the house but without exiting through a door or window).

Last edited:
Back