• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. C

What Did You Dream Of Last Night?

This is probably/definetely the wrong place, but I came across this youtube video the other night. This guy does the usual 10 ghosts caught on film type stuff. but more british based and this was different as it was someone he knew personally who had a dream where he phoned himself.. He comes up...
  2. C

Self-Aware Cat?

The feral thing that lodges with my old dear has moved into the spare room with me during isolation. The wardrobes are wall length with mirrors from the carpet to the ceiling and not only does he recognise and admire himself in them, but also uses the reflection to see out the door behind him...
  3. C

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): Conspiracy Theories & Claims

I don't know whether this is a joke or a serious moderation problem but it made me giggle.
  4. C

The Man Who Can't Face The Internet

heh. I actually worked with someone a few years back who's whole dating technique was based on chatting-up random single women on facebook. As he has/had my phone number, I'm not sure i want to risk a female profile with an attractive picture appearing on his "people you may know" list. Some...
  5. C

lol! I was thinking of putting an artificial picture up on the female profile a while back (there's some site that generates them) but then I thought i'd probably get plagued by fb pervs if she was half decent looking. The bizarre thing is facebook regularly recommends people I may know...
  6. C

Railway Ghosts

Heh, glad you enjoyed it. Have to admit it made me jump when i first saw him. I'm so used to seeing ghost footage that's basically either some vague mist floating on screen or hollywood horror style fakes, it's nice to see one that looks like an actual person, even if it is some guy disturbed...
  7. C

Railway Ghosts

I doubt it as these people tended to take their interest seriously although who knows?. I'm guessing the original mastertape is much better quality for the time and it's a shame its some 3rd generation copy from what the railwaymen saw. From memory you used to get tapes about a 3rd of the size...
  8. C

Railway Ghosts

yep. his movement is very unsettling. It's like he steps into view backwards side-on, faces the camera and scarpers. Like he's doing it on purpose and knows where the camera is rather than some guy in his garden hearing a noise and having a quick peak. Decided to leave a message for the guy on...
  9. C

Railway Ghosts

thats great Krepostnoi. thank you
  10. C

Railway Ghosts

As i said its about 15:04 on the video. its right in the youtube gubbins at the bottom, so if you have device where that doesn't disappear (the stop/start sign, speaker, timer etc) you're gonna have problems
  11. C

Railway Ghosts

phew! its not me seeing things then :0) I tend to agree. probably some guy in his garden wondering why someone is filming his sign. Doesn't explain how the railwaymen recognised him as the dead signalman though.
  12. C

Railway Ghosts

see my edit above. It helps if you don't concentrate really hard and not look right up close at the screen. first time i did i saw nothing.. maybe its just me but i can clearly see his ear side-on to start with, then his eyes, ears, nose and whats left of his hair round his ears etc when he...
  13. C

Railway Ghosts

15 minutes in
  14. C

Railway Ghosts

I didn't see it to start with but once you do... It seems to be a guy with a bald head who appears and disappears in about a third of a second of video time. I don't think its an optical illusion as i have a problem seeing anything like that.. If it helps he appears clearly as the narrator...
  15. C

Railway Ghosts

Stumbled across this yesterday by accident. I've read this thread and all the links a few times so i'm pretty sure it doesn't appear on here, but my apologies if its well known or elsewhere. This is an old clip of a documentry about a closed railway line in March made in the early 90's. The...
  16. C

Funny And/Or Weird Happenings Whilst Drunk (Stoned; Tripping; Etc.)

Back in the days i was walking railway lines, i used to drink in this pub. The big attraction was Newcastle Brown ale. Now i'm not really a fan but this was 20+ year old Newky brown. You had to ask at the bar all secretive, and they'd send someone down to the cellar and eventually they'd bring...
  17. C

well walking home on a live railway line is stupid (don't do it kids) but this was the late 80's and our railway lines were very much less busy back then. The line i used is now a very busy route to london but at the time was a very quiet commuter stub that closed up shop around about 10pm. In...
  18. C

heh. nope. In those drink fueled days it didn't occur to me to go to a hospital unless it hurt. This was a big bridge. 3 arch job with loads of lines underneath. To this day i've no idea how i survived - i guess being drunk and floppy i fell like a sack of spuds and didn't stick out my arms or...
  19. C

When I got very drunk i used to walk home on nights out via a railway line. One night i got very very drunk and fell off the top of a railway bridge i used to access said railway line. When i regained consciousness on the track, i didn't really check for injuries and so didn't realise i was...
  20. C

Dreamed Of Places That You Have Never Been To Or Seen That Are Real

Had similar. Used to suffer a recurring nightmare when i was in this dilapidated mansion, walking around trying to get out of it because there was something bad in there with me. Dream was just me walking round bare-ish rooms with the occasional large bit of furniture or ornate fireplace and...
  21. C

Suicide As A Social Phenomenon

.Personally i think there's two main types of suicide. Event suicides which happen due to some short term crisis point that the individual can't cope with long enough to rationalise and not do it, and those planned. i tend to agree with Enolagaia that those with the guts, plan it out and carry...
  22. C

Creepy Small Villages

Actually after having a look on google maps I may have done Merthyr a disservice. It seems to be just up the hill from Merthyr - Dowlais i think? In my defence it's a 10 minute walk from Merthyr by the looks of it so civilisation was probably quite near - I just didn't know what direction!. The...
  23. C

Creepy Small Villages

Not really a small village but earlier this year i found myself stranded in Merthyr tydfill midweek. Well i wasn't happy about it, but Merthyr's not a tiny place is it? Can't be that bad i thought. My company found me a place to stay at short notice and i followed on foot directions to the post...
  24. C

Drone Mischief (Harassment; Crime; Pranks; Etc.)

yeah, there's too many holes in the explanation for me.. just on a motive basis, if you were just an idiot doing it for a larf, then the entire s**tstorm generated would have stopped you by now surely? If you were an organised group with a political point, you'd be looking to get away by now...
  25. C

Drone Mischief (Harassment; Crime; Pranks; Etc.)

yep. something doesn't add up to me.. You've got drones that apparently they can't track even visually or who's flying them and seemingly with the battery power to fly for god knows how many hours - you've got something happening at Strasbourg Airport at the same time....... I don't think...
  26. C

Perverts Exposed: Flashers & Flashing

the weird bit of that description is "his testicles hung noticeably low". Compared to what norm? nude men she's seen before? were they down to his kneecaps? Also apparently "she walked quickly away.... but still managed to clock him doing the deed for 5 minutes? if i walked quickly away from...
  27. C

Forum Functions & Functionality: Technical Problems & Known Issues

well i'm rather flabbergasted you've got all this running so well so quickly. i certainly wasn't expecting this site to re-appear as is. Very well done to all involved and remind me never to underestimate any of you when faced with a deadline
  28. C

Doppelgängers (IHTM)

My first name is a biblical name. Pretty common 50 years ago but not a john, david, paul etc.. I'd say it was probably in the top 15 boy's names in the 70's. My 2nd name is french so pretty uncommon here, though obviously common in france. As an unscientific survey, there are 6 of me round the...
  29. C

Doppelgängers (IHTM)

Yep its not me. the site the picture is on, is his profile picture for a motor racing manufacturer he works for. Tbh i'm also very funny about having my photo taken at all and certainly it wouldn't be on line. I did some research out of curiosity, and he has a whole back story on linked in and...
  30. C

Doppelgängers (IHTM)

I've had one of these recently with a bit of a twist. Now i'm not on the internet..well what i mean is there is no facebook twitter, photos etc., of me on the internet. Stick my name into google and perhaps where i live and it will turn up nowt. Other people with my (fairly rare) name sure, but...
  31. C

Phantom Hitchhikers & Road Ghosts

As far as i could tell it was behind me at road level and looked like a headlight on full beam but only visable from the rear view mirror. it was far enough back for it to be seen from my wing mirrors but nothing. Looking at google maps you don't pass under any bridges from the previous junction...
  32. C

Phantom Hitchhikers & Road Ghosts

Got a related tale i think - not sure if its supernatural but i couldn't figure it out. I live in Birmingham and a good 10 years ago my job got me using the M42 southbound by the NEC (i had to exit at the NEC/Airport junction). This happened about 3 times to the point i stopped using it to get...
  33. C

Elsagate: Weird Fake Kids-Videos On YouTube

Had a look on youtube tonight and they're still all over the place. This site isn't the one that originally started all the rumours but it's definately related in some way. It even has the weird indian(?) voiced guy singing that the original site did. Looking at the video's they range from just...
  34. C

Elsagate: Weird Fake Kids-Videos On YouTube

I've been interested in these videos for about 6 months and i think its pretty obvious it/they were originally set up to generate hits and advertising money. What it is now is anyone's guess. I go with the AI theory as its like that Microsoft AI that became a Nazi loving conspiracy theorist and...
  35. C

The E.U. As A Continuation Of A Nazi State

The erosion of borders goes against their ideals? I'd say the "Greater Reich" has all the signs of the erosion of borders. Only difference is one was done by military force, the other politically. You can't really get a better example of intigration than the way Austria was assimilated.
  36. C

Even if a nazi came up with the idea?
  37. C

Thanks for the replies. Whether the EU is some nazi some sleeper state isn't really the question, but if a nazi designed it, then surely alarm bells should be going off? My own view is Hallstein took the idea, took out the bits about killing jews and banning political opponents and used it as a...
  38. C

Yeah your last paragraph are my thoughts really Cochise. I posted this because i used to be very pro-EU till around 2000 when i started looking a bit more into it. I have talked to people who know their stuff and are pro-EU and they know about this, but they don't really want to talk about it...
  39. C

Apologies if this is somewhere else. it probably is, but i've stuck in countless variations of keywords and got nowhere. feel free to delete/move etc.. Now i know this is knocking around various anti-EU sites but there does seem to be a grain of truth in it. All comes down to a certain Walter...
  40. C

I don't get this at all to be honest. i've been on the internet since the mid 90's, there are no photo's of me at all online, my name isn't on the internet at all. i'm on facebook twice, one under a man's name and one under a womans, neither my real name, and i'm on twitter under a nickname, no...
  41. C

Clowns: Evil Or Funny?

I have a friend who has the urge to punch clowns in a vaguely phobia type way. not really asked him but i guess he's scared of them. finding them annoying i can get, wanting to beat them up, well.......
  42. C

Which Fortean Mysteries Would You Like To See Solved?

that julian guy waiting for the aliens to pick him up. poor show locking the thread:(
  43. C

Hearing Voices After EVP Experiments

GNC, Could be! To me it sounded like a couple of words said fast so probably a sentence if it is actual speech. One of the reasons i want to find the tape is to see if anyone recognises the "language" or maybe an app could work it out. i remember in the original raudive experiments it was...
  44. C

Hi Ringo, I'm not sure what you mean by recording the ambient sound in the room. This was a 80's 3-in-1 stereo system with a record player, radio and double-tape deck, so if it was set on radio it would record the radio and set on tape it would record the other tape deck and nothing else - it...
  45. C

Hi GNC, The voice did sound a bit like that. Emotionless etc. But as i said if i'd put it on another input like radio i would have heard the voice when i accidently pressed record originally. Also i think i'm right in saying numbers stations are long wave and this stereo didn't have it and...
  46. C

newbie but long time lurker here. Always found this thread fascinating, and as to whether these are outside entities or something the brain conjures up, i think i'm on balance with the former probably due to my experience i'm posting here: Back in the 80's i picked up one of those cheap books...
Back