• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. O

Swastikas & Disputes About The Swastika Symbol

The boys' washroom in my high school had tile swastikas all over the floor. The building was constructed in 1914 and burned down in 1962. There's an apartment building in Cincinnati (a block from the Universities' main campus) with inlaid swastikas in the entrance foyer. That building was...
  2. O

Surviving Neanderthals

Re: What I think: Yeah, I'm doing that right now.
  3. O

Marx To Giant Lizards: Muddying The Waters With NWO Conspira

Back in 1968 when I first started researching the Illuminati it was still a fairly respectable game. Was the Illuminati of Adam Weishaupt ancestral to the French Revolution? To the Carbonari? To Karl Marx? To Adolf Hitler? But today Illuminist research is a trackless morass populated by...
  4. O

Informal Survey Of Fortean Interests

My main Fortean/Paranornal interest has long been developing evidence supporting the immortality of the human psyche or soul - or at least the independence of thought from brain. Now if you ask me what ice falls or Bigfoot sightings have to do with that I'd be hard-pressed to answer...
  5. O

Men In Black & Bogus Social Workers As Tulpa Folk Devils

There's also reports of MIBs being served Jello, then picking up the bowl and attempting to drink the dessert, MIBs resemble eccentric characters from crazy dreams granted temporary turns on the waking stage. Remember, in many cases the MIB is observed by more than one witness.
  6. O

Blasphemy

I dunno. If God exists, whether or not I accept his existence would not seem to matter all that much. Likewise, it wouldn't be much of a defense against a charge of treason for me to aver that I don't believe my country has a government.
  7. O

Child abductor in a white van

Now here I've long accepted the existence of (or at least first-person reports of interactions with) British "Bogus" or "Phantom Social Workers" as fairly well-established. Did I put my brain on standby far too early?
  8. O

The Lost Ark Of The Covenant

I think that Ethiopia makes far rore sense that recent suppositions about the Greek islands When the Jews in a besieged Jerusalem decided to move the Ark to a place of safety, what would have made more sense than sending it to observant Jews high in a nearly-impregnable African...
  9. O

Names Of Spirit Guides

Too many mediums have American Indian "spirit guides" with impossibly bland names like "Silver Breeze" or "White Cloud." If I ever hear that some medium has made contact with 'Johnny Two-Horse" I'll probably be forced to believe.
  10. O

Imaginary Childhood Friends

Adults sometimes have imaginary friends, too, and it not necessarily healthy. Remember, the mass murderer who attacked students at Virginia Tech several years back had an imaginary girlfriend. And the British Christian novelist Charles Williams addresed this same issue in his...
  11. O

Ireland: Eighth Century Zombie graves?

Mouths full of stones? Maybe they died while learning public speaking!
  12. O

Bogus Social Workers

But does that automatically prove that all reported paranormal experience are bogus, or merely that the police are not necessarily the best people to investigate them?
  13. O

Amy, welcome to the festivities.
  14. O

I'm still voting for vampires. :)
  15. O

Republican Sex Weirdness

I try not to worry about inverted Beasts. That's how they belong.
  16. O

Is WWW 666 In Hebrew?

To be best of my knowledge, astrology is forbidden to the Christian only when it is used in attempts to predict the future. As an aid in psychological understanding of self or others. it is not. Edit: Changed "a" to "an."
  17. O

Repatriation Of Relics & Antiquities: News & Specific Cases

Very recent history suggests that the mummy will be safer in Cork than in Cairo or Giza.
  18. O

Shakespeare

My late Dad was a successful commercial artist as well as a fairly accomplished musician and my brother is also the latter. Me, I have zero art ability and zero-minus musical talent.
  19. O

Child abductor in a white van

This same "white van" scare-story circulated among homeless orphans in India five or six years back.
  20. O

Is WWW 666 In Hebrew?

John's Revelation rather clearly states that 666 (or 616) is :the "Number of a MAN" so I can't see how this can be legitimately extended to Web addresses.
  21. O

The Chicago 'Murder Castle'

I had no idea that Holmes' "Murder Castle" survived until 1938. What was it used for, if anything, during those intervening 45 years?
  22. O

Robert Lenkiewicz

That's interesting. Who in the Third Reich would have wanted such a volume? Not lower--level Nazis or non-Party members, because it was bound wih human skin. But upper-echelon Nazis would not care to have Der Fuhrer's words bound inside Jewish skin. Who, then?
  23. O

Perhaps I'm just prejudiced, but mouths filled with stones sounds much more like vampires to me.
  24. O

Obama 'Birtherism' & Associated Conspiracy Theories

Oh, for heaven's sake! This will probably come as a shock to you (I hope you are sitting down), but Conservative Republican front-runner Herman Cain isn'i White. He is in fact considerably darker-skinned than Obama.
  25. O

Republican Sex Weirdness

The only thing I have against Cain is that old matter of murdering his brother.
  26. O

The Power of Prayer

Around 25 years ago the pastor of a US Lutheran church made the news by delivering a formal bell, book and candle curse against the miscreant who'd vandalized a tree on church property. It was afterwards generally recognized that the tree had been damaged by a naturally-occurring plant...
  27. O

"Tomville," City of Missing Children

McAvennie raises an extremely interesting and worthwhile point. Ancient ruins to one side, are there any ghost cities? How about in Ukraine, uncomfortably near Chernobyl? Or perhaps entirely abandoned neighborhoods in otherwise-inhabited major cities?
  28. O

Elenin enters our Solar System. Why no clear photos?

But they'll not be thin any longer after the EAT us.
  29. O

The difference between Kohoutek and Elenin is that it was working professional astronomers who promised us that the former would appear from Earth as fully one-third the size of the full Moon. Wow, would that have made a neat final chapter to C. Fort's LO! And I even bought...
  30. O

Strange 'Kid' On A Boat Ramp

I don't know whether I accept the existence of BEKs or not. I certainly didn't when I encountered the first reports seven or eight years ago. At that time there were six (count 'em) known reports. But by this time there must be hundreds of reports, if not thousands. That's a Phenomena.
  31. O

I don't believe he was a vampire either (assuming for the moment that they exist), but it's by no means vampires only who are prevented from crossing running water. And the boy in question here may have wanted to cross the bridge, but it seems that he could not do so.
  32. O

The bad news is that Comet Elenin will strike Earth on September 11, 2011, causing a conflagration which will quickly incinerate all life on Earth. The good news is that my neighborhood supermarket will have marshmallows on special sale,
  33. O

Autistic? I don't think that quite cuts it. I'm not normally frightened by austic children (besides, I have mild autism myself) but the lad in the story rattles the lids on some deep wells of pure terror. I'm happy he's in New Jersey and I'm here in Ohio. Besides, I can't escape...
  34. O

Strange periods of Extreme lucidity.

It is not we who are the objectives judges of our mental states, but those with whom we interact. Back in the 1880s the great Shakespearean actor Edwin Booth gave a performance of Hamlet (IIRC) when he KNEW that he was absolutely at the very apex of his game. Every line rang like a...
  35. O

"Tomville," City of Missing Children

I remember how surprised I was in my late teens to learn that there are as many or perhaps even more ghost towns in the US east of the Mississippi River than there are in the "Wild West." By the way a good friend just recently visited a nationally-known ghost town in Utah, only to...
  36. O

In Japan, You Are What Your Blood Type Is

My blood type is O-Negative. What do I win?
  37. O

Blasphemy

Can I still eat Angel's Food Cake? And I daren't even bring up Devil's Food.
  38. O

Dinosaur & Human Interaction In Our Times

]] Pardon, but may I ask whom you are addressing? This is a Fortean list and few Forteans are Creationists. We tend to be strict Evolutionists....at least until if and when something better comes along. :)
  39. O

Fukushima Lies

It struck me very early on in the nuclear crisis that getting accurate news reporting from the Japanese government was very much like attempting to obtain the same commodity from Soviet Russia during the bad old days of Josef Stalin. I'd expected so much more from a democracy.
  40. O

Odd woman talking gibberish on Facebook

Maybe so. I knew they'd developed suspended intelligence.
  41. O

Even so, if SSman Michael Wittman was 34 years old in 1945 he'd be a century old today.
  42. O

I dunno. She seems to have chosen residence in Canada rather than in Cuba or mainland China.
  43. O

But isn'i "Michael Wittman" likely ti be a reasonably common German-American (and German-Canadian) name?
  44. O

Attractive enough lady. I'd be more than willing to listen to her gibberish and to reply in kind.
  45. O

Mad Gasser Of Mattoon (Illinois, 1944)

Let me repeat my unamswered question from four years ago: Can anyone establish whether Mr. Farley was in Boutetort County, Virginia, in 1933 or in Coatesville, Pennsylvania in earlier 1944?
  46. O

Majestic-12 Special Operations Manual (April 1954)

Might the various MJ-12 documents, and perhaps MJ-12 itself, have been part of some elaborate early 1950s UFO war game? That would explain a lot.
  47. O

Obama 'Birtherism' & Associated Conspiracy Theories

Most of the Birthers I've spoken with in recent weeks accept the legitimacy of the Long-Form Birth Certificate. "My only problem all along," one of the said to me two or three weeks back, "was with the overwhelming hubris of any President who seems to believe that he has the right to seal...
  48. O

Repatriation Of Relics & Antiquities: Should They Be Returned?

I think it's worth noting that both the British and the Germans kept their archaeoligical relics intact through the seemingly-endless saturation bombings of World War Two, while their cities melted around them, while the Iraqis and the Egyptians lost their very own treasures to street criminals.
  49. O

Non-Christian Mediums

I probably wasn't clear enough either. The point I was attempting to make was that NO Christian church (of which I'm aware) requires a formal statement of Christian belief for church membership. Most churches would be delighted to add a donation-paying atheist to the church rolls...
Back