• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

1. Mr_Hermolle

Creepy Attic Stories Anyone?

I've always been fascinated as to why attics always seem so damn creepy. I knoe they're generally unvisited spaces in a house, often full of old things (or even sometimes empty) but for some reason some just seem really unnerving and I can never quite work out why. I've lived in houses with...
  2. maximus otter

Annie Borjesson: Mystery Death In 2005

On December 4 2005, Annie Borjesson was discovered face down and fully clothed on Prestwick beach. The 30-year-old had travelled to Prestwick airport the previous day and intended to fly back home to Sweden. Both Scottish and Swedish authorities have always cited the most likely cause of death...
  3. M

Smart Rope

I was just reading an article about an innovative group of engineers - the Squid Lab and they have created smart rope: www.wired.com/news/technology/0,1282,68 ... _tophead_1 See their page: www.squid-labs.com/projects/erope/ See also their "engineering for good" page...
  4. Yithian

Animal Courtship & Mating Weirdness

5. L

$1 Million Prize For First Extraterrestrial Home Loan

Hello all. How safe is their money? Source: http://loanpros.com/prize_f.html
  6. K

Predictions For 2005

Well, someone had to start it. :wink: *More exciting stuff about Homo Flo. *First black Pope. *Mt St Helen's erupts, and it's a big one. *Parallel universe discovered. *More reality TV. *James Randi exposed as a fraud. He's Father Christmas, really. :wink: *Whole rash of...
  7. A

Spring-Heeled Jack, East-End Disappearances & Other Mysterious Characters

East End Disappearances 1881-1890 I am trying to find information regarding unusual disappearances which began in the East End of London in 1881 and continued unsolved until January 1890. Apparently men, women and children from all classes disappeared into a 'Fortean void', never to be seen or...
Back