• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

9/11: The September 11th Attacks

Most of the names attributed to the hijackers were also being used by others.
Perhaps it was these who left traces of militancy."Atta" just didn't have an Islamic lifestyle at all, let alone a militant one.Present day suicide bombers have probably never seen ham, let alone having it for breakfast before martyring themselves!

Exactly what is a structural engineer doing touching anything at a crime scene, especially as it would have beeen so hot? What business does he have with body parts? How did he lift the tail section all by himself and what did he do with it because it certainly isn't in any photo I've ever seen? How did the crew's uniforms survive in recognisable condition when so much else was incinerated?

Islamic lifestyle? It's quite conceivable that an Islamic terrorist would have been told by an Imam ( of the same radical conviction) that frequenting strip joints and eating bacon sandwiches was okay in order to fulfill the greater plan. Islam is not a centralised religion in the way that Western minds might assume. Exceptions to apparently hard and fast rules are allowed.

Muslims are as pragmatic as anyone else.

It is concievable that they were fundamentalists after all,it's just strange that it wasn't rather more obvious.

My take on this is in all probability there is a conspiracy, there are simply too many unanswered questions and strange coincidences and knowing the mindset of the nutters in the background at the white house and the pentagon it seems more than likely, however the one thing that is never going to happen is for Bush to stand up and say 'Oh yes i was meaning to tell people about that'
If you assume for a moment that it was a huge conspiracy designed to bring about public support for an illegal war then they will have had groups working on it who are so deeply undercover they would have made sure that nobody ever would be able to stand up and say 'well yes I was involved and I know what happend and I have proof.'
In the end all that matters is plausable deniabilty.
If someone did stand up and say 'Here is the proof' can you imagine what would happen to the American economy, how many trials,law suits and courts marshal there would have to be? America would be utterly fucked.
Can you imagine if you had that kind of proof what your life expectancy would be? you could measure it in seconds.

Bigfoot73 said:
,,,,Exactly what is a structural engineer doing touching anything at a crime scene, especially as it would have beeen so hot? What business does he have with body parts? How did he lift the tail section all by himself and what did he do with it because it certainly isn't in any photo I've ever seen? How did the crew's uniforms survive in recognisable condition when so much else was incinerated?

The simple answer as to why, is that all sorts of people will be examining the impact site, the structural engineer would be examining the building for damage, and to deduce how it was caused. He'd be working other forensic experts and helped them to remove body parts and peices of debris from the building, when he came across them while examining the structure. I'm guessing he mean a piece of the tail section, one of those chewed up bits of aluminium scattered all over the lawn. And it wouldn't be hot.

The uniform could have comprised no more that rag, a bone and a hank of hair, perhaps a lapel insignia. It's easy to recognize a scrap of uniform.

Explosions and air crashs are chaotic events, sometimes surprisingly fragile material survives and substantial items are pulverized beyond recognition. If you actually bothered to read anything about aircrash investigation, rather than rely on having conspiracy theorists spoon feed you their ideas you'd know that....

You keep saying "I remember seeing a photo, or I remember reading, you can never remember where....

And searching for that B66 engine component, the tags I used were "B66 engine" and 911, I tried it with WTC and it just brought up this thread. What tag would you suggest other than "B66 engine"? "B-66" turns up more, but nothing relevant as does "B66" (though I've found quite a lot about US military aircraft generally.

If you assume for a moment that it was a huge conspiracy designed to bring about public support for an illegal war

Then why not use Iraqi hijackers? Why use Saudis?

How could he tell the "chewed up piece of aluminium" was from the tail? What's it doing on the lawn, if the tail had got no further from the lawn how come it ended up in tiny pieces?
Sure it's easy to recognise a scrap of uniform, but the man wearing it would have been at the front of the plane, where the explosions, impact and fire should have reduced a mere scrap of cloth to ash! Meanwhile the tail, at the other end of the plane and subject to far less impact, blast and no fire at all ( let's not forget there wasn't a fire outside the building) is smashed to smithereens! Same sort of thing that's supposed to happen with Flight 93's tail.You're the self-declared air crash investigator, you figure that one out! Who is really being spoon fed what?

As for never remembering specific sources, I've been doing quite well out of the stuff you sceptics have dragged up.Once I've discredited them all reference to them disappears from the sceptics' comments.
I thought you were refusing to acknowledge the engine anyway. Good move, because if I did find it you would only have to try explaining it's presence on a WTC pavement with no signs of impact or fire or leads and connections or any wing debris, and once you failed to do that you would forget about it anyway.
The 93 debris photos were vaguely referenced if at all and breathtakingly inept, likewise the 300 yard engine story.Erudition is all very well if you can come up with the goods.Let's not forget that other piece of evidence touted by a sceptic: the Pentagon film! That is not an airliner for crying out loud! I'm only rebutting the 'structural engineer' for the sake of argument, there wasn't an airliner there.

Bigfoot73 said:
Sceptics can't believe that the conspiracy would have relied on thousands of participants all keeping quiet but somehow believe 9/11 was due to thousands of government agents of all descriptions being crap at their jobs.So why not drag out all the evidence for all to see, prove it and sack/jail them? Because the official theory IS the coverup, as investigations would reveal.Haven't you ever asked yourselves about this before now? Talk about utterly bonkers theories!Where's your insatiable demand for proof now?

Don't be so silly. If there were any failings in intelligence then I would doubt very much it was wilful incompetence, so no one to prosecute. Customs officials that had not been trained to look for indicators that would have shown that some of the hijackers had links to al-Qaeda, the US military more focused on external rather than the internal threats and the FBI and other agencies may have ignored or not prioritised intelligence information that could have given them prior warning. It's not about people being crap at their jobs, and nobody is even saying it has definitely happened so stop getting all worked up.

I have no evidence that conspiracy theories are being used to cover-up security failings, it was merely an interesting idea, albeit one that is more plausible than your laughable stories. Unlike you, though, I am able to distinguish between fact and idle speculation.

Back to the ludicrous and disproved demolition theories, by which I assume you refer to the NIST/Popular Mechanics stuff. This has itself been debunked , see the atrociously titled "Debunking 9/11 Debunking", the latest from DR Griffin. When I said "lies, damned lies and experts" I was alluding in a rather conciliatory way to the fact that the sceptic experts have all been debunked themselves.Who is disregarding the testimony of expert people now?

Oh yes, Dr Griffin, wondered how long it would take for him to pop up. If I was looking for an expert on structural engineering and demolitions I would definitely turn to a man with a degree in theology. If Griffin had so much evidence that proved 9/11 was an inside job why hasn't he published a peer reviewed paper and shown all those nasty skeptics what-for? The answer is that he doesn't have any evidence and he's simply repeating the same old conspiracy theories. There's a comprehensive critical analysis of his book here. All Griffin is doing with his fairytale book is preaching to the converted.

The military looking planes are featured on various on YouTube but if you can still see an airliner in the Pentagon films you won't be able to see the jets themselves so check out the clips of the reporters and leave it at that.

What clips? Where are the links? All I can see in the videos are planes that look like airliners, but maybe that is just my blind skeptical eyes. It's a funny idea anyway. If your story was true then we'd be faced with a situation where the planes had been hijacked, then somehow landed somewhere without anyone noticing (no radar traces either) and then some unknown military planes (that oddly look just like airliners, but without windows) had been loaded up with the bodies of the passengers and their luggage and THEN crashed into the towers. It's the kind of ridiculous plot that even the writers of 24 would have trouble finding plausible.

How do people go through their lives being being evryday religious hypocrites and then go kill themselves and thousands of others for God?

Are we going to turn this into a discussion on the psychology of religious believers? Because that could go on for a while. You haven't even proven that what you're saying about their debauchery is true! Where's your proof of that first?

Where does it say Atta sat in 8D/

Here, page 6.

Notice this thing I'm doing where I can back up what I'm saying with evidence? Clever innit!

If so, why was his case left off the plane?

If you had read my previous post properly then you would know. It was a cock-up due to the delay of transfering flights and the unexpected security checks.

Have you actually taken any of my Flight 93 comments on board yet?You see fit to accuse me of twisting people's comments to fit my theories when you never seem to have read my stuff very closely . The hole was already there in a 1994 USGS satellite photo.You keep asking for evidence etc then forget all about it.

My God! The HOLE WAS ALREADY THERE. You're right! But what's this...it crashed in a reclaimed strip mine? My word, that couldn't explain the hole that shows up on old satellite pictures, could it?

I'm gonna go with your story though. The eye witnesses that saw a plane fly over and then explode into the ground were obviously lying, and the government was waiting there with trucks full of plane bits. And they made a hijacked aircraft disappear. Oh, and they faked the cell phone calls from passengers who said they were on the hijacked plane. I bet those passengers were in on it too and are now living it up in Barbados on their conspiracy pay-off.

The debris at the site didn't include anything specific to 93, I thought I'd made that clear.

You haven't made a single thing clear. Where is your evidence for this claim?

The engine was found miles away and the fuselage segment came out of a lake. i haven't heard back from the sceptics who so obligingly drew my attention to them and I doubt that you've got anything to say about them either.go check their sources why don't you?

This has been answered by others. Internet detectives have done a bang-up job of making themselves look foolish by using the estimated journey time by road between the two locations. Gotta love that.

My point was that sceptics produce a wealth of evidence in support of the official explanation for the towers' collapse yet are strangely content to do without it vis-a-vis the Pentagon and 93.Selective application of academic rigour.

I really don't get how you're coming up with this. All you have done is make loads of claims without a single shred of proof, whether you're claiming that they blew up WTC7 with magical disappearing explosives or that they magicked away hijacked planes and dumped some debris in the ground. I haven't ignored the rubbish you're saying about Flight 93 and the Pentagon, I've gleefully pointed out all the ways in which you're wrong about that too.

I'm actually a bit confused, are you reading another forum entirely?

Yes, a pilotless drone is nothing like an airliner. that's why the Pentagon film so incontroveribly shows a pilotless drone.

Does it? You can tell all that from a blurry, low resolution video with a terrible frame rate. THAT is your idea of incontrovertible? If this is true, then why did they even release the video at all? Just another careless mistake I guess.

It's impossible to make out anything clearly from that crap video other than some kind of aircraft moving very low and fast hit the Pentagon. Really wouldn't recommend hinging your entire story around it.

If the plane hit the ground outside the Pentagon with sufficient force to dissipate much of it's kinetic energy then where's the crater?

It was flying low to the ground and clipped the grass before hitting the building, unlike flight 93 which came in at an estimated 40 degree angle and left a 10 foot crater. That's why there's no crater. You can see this yourself in the same video that you believe 'incontroverbly' shows a drone. It came in low and fast and the reinforced outer wall took the brunt of the blow.

Need I say this again,the wreckage was planted. The drone didn't look like an airliner and the explosives weren't on the outside of the building.

Still waiting for your proof that the debris was planted. And your explanation as to why nobody reported seeing trucks dumping airplane wreckage all over the Pentagon's lawn. And, y'know, proof of every other absurd story you've come up with.

As for my ideas being just plain silly. they're not my ideas they are your shadow version of my ideas based on your entrenched and indefensible perspective.You claim to have provided perfectly rational responses to every point I've raised, so why not provide some for the perfectly rational responses I've responded with.

They are your ideas! Or is someone else posting this garbage under your name? And there's nothing rational about anything you've said, your theories are an absolute joke and you're a clown. You keep saying these things without a single shred of evidence and then expect us to just accept that as though it proves what you're saying is true.

I still find it hard to understand how you can even say this stuff and keep a straight face.

As engrossing as the discussion is, could we please remember to keep things civil or we'll have no choice but to close this thread (like the others).

Thanks.

I'm not a self declared crash investigator, I was telling you not to rely on conspiracy sites alone (pro or anti) for what happens to a plane when it crashes. I actually read other stuff. It's you who seem to be the self proclaimed expert on what would or wouldn't survive a crash.

Bigfoot73 said:
...Is for never remembering specific sources, I've been doing quite well out of the stuff you sceptics have dragged up.Once I've discredited them all reference to them disappears from the sceptics' comments.....

Civility or not. That is an outright lie.

I've discovered I can't report my own posts for incivility...

Quake42 said:
If you assume for a moment that it was a huge conspiracy designed to bring about public support for an illegal war

Then why not use Iraqi hijackers? Why use Saudis?

Well.. because they had to work with what they found, I am sure it would be easier to infiltrate a real terrorist group and set them up rather than create your own fictitious terrorists with your desired nationality.

I am quite sure that the terrorist group was a real terrorist group, just a bit mislead as to who they were working for.

Above all for the iraqis to deliberatly provoke a nation which is threatening to go to war with it anyway would have been unbelievably stupid.The iraqis are many things but they are not stupid.

Whistling Jack, thanyou so much for your intervention! I was wondering how far the sceptics could go with their obnoxious personal comments and now downright offensive language!
Timble, I don't give any more credence to the sources you quote than you do to mine, I just don't feel like saying so in disrespectful language.
At the time I wrote that nobody had posted anything specifically refuting my points about the 93 debris and engine.Unless I'm very much mistaken they still haven't.I wasn't lying yet maybe mistaken - is there some post I missed that you may wish to bring to my attention?
Your editing of your post leaves me wondering what was there that you wanted to report yourself about, apart from the mendacity accusation of course.

Hokum, although there are some comments in your post that merit a response there aren't many, and you started off with condescension, as usual, before descending into offensive language. You need address no further comments to me.

The whole 9/11 debate is going round in circles, just like all the other Fortean debates.Neither the Pentagon security gate footage nor the film we've all been referring to here show an airliner. The sceptics will never accept that .The 93 debris is bogus.The finding of an engine two miles away was universally reported in the media. I don't think i can be contradicted on that. The sceptics won't have that either.

Might as well pull the plug on this thread too.

Bigfoot73 said:
..The 93 debris is bogus.The finding of an engine two miles away was universally reported in the media. I don't think i can be contradicted on that. The sceptics won't have that either...

The Popular Mechanics article contradicted that:

Roving Engine
Claim: One of Flight 93's engines was found "at a considerable distance from the crash site," according to Lyle Szupinka, a state police officer on the scene who was quoted in the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. Offering no evidence, a posting on Rense.com claimed: "The main body of the engine ... was found miles away from the main wreckage site with damage comparable to that which a heat-seeking missile would do to an airliner."
FACT: Experts on the scene tell PM that a fan from one of the engines was recovered in a catchment basin, downhill from the crash site. Jeff Reinbold, the National Park Service representative responsible for the Flight 93 National Memorial, confirms the direction and distance from the crash site to the basin: just over 300 yards south, which means the fan landed in the direction the jet was traveling. "It's not unusual for an engine to move or tumble across the ground," says Michael K. Hynes, an airline accident expert who investigated the crash of TWA Flight 800 out of New York City in 1996. "When you have very high velocities, 500 mph or more," Hynes says, "you are talking about 700 to 800 ft. per second. For something to hit the ground with that kind of energy, it would only take a few seconds to bounce up and travel 300 yards." Numerous crash analysts contacted by PM concur.

Where is this universal reporting? Evidence? Preferably from a magazine, newspaper, or actual news report, (their assocaited websites of course) not from conspiracy websites.

And your B-66 engine only appears to exist in your head...

Timble2 said:
Where is this universal reporting? Evidence? Preferably from a magazine, newspaper, or actual news report, (their assocaited websites of course) not from conspiracy websites.

And your B-66 engine only appears to exist in your head...
You really do not understand what is at stake for these people, someone standing up and saying here is the news, we have found proof that 9/11 was a complete hoax, how long do you think they would live? seriously?
you seem to live in this world where people who are quite prepared to kill thousands to get their country into a war are going to start telling the truth.I have met people like this people who are quite prepared to do anything to get their way, including kill people.

If they're so evil, how come Alex Jones and all the rest of the conspiracy tribe are still alive... it would be easy to arrange "accidents" or offer them up to the aliens in the base under Area 51 for abduction (perhaps that's where the passengers from Flight 77 and 93 really went).

A conspiracy on the scale that MIHOP crowd allege would involve hundreds if not thousands of people, by now a few would have popped up in places where the US couldn't reach them Cuba, North Korea, Iraq, for example, spouting out "the truth" (either for money or because they were disgruntled) and those regimes would have been only too glad to take them in and protect. them...

I am not saying there was no engine 300 yards away.I am saying there was one two miles away. The plane had two.The debris site you posted the link to might possibly have been expected to come up with one of it's photos as they did for everything else, but it hasn't.
I am genuinely surprised that you were unaware of the original media flurry about the two-mile engine.I really did think everybody knew about that. It was not long after the event, so may no longer be web-accessible.I am yet to quote anything from a conspiracy sites but reserve the right to do so while you persist in quoting sceptic sites.
I will also find a source for the B66 engine pic.This may involve off-line searching so don't hold your breath.At least this timeyou're only suggesting I have an overactive imagination rather than calling me a liar.

Timble2 said:
If they're so evil, how come Alex Jones and all the rest of the conspiracy tribe are still alive... it would be easy to arrange "accidents" or offer them up to the aliens in the base under Area 51 for abduction (perhaps that's where the passengers from Flight 77 and 93 really went).

A conspiracy on the scale that MIHOP crowd allege would involve hundreds if not thousands of people, by now a few would have popped up in places where the US couldn't reach them Cuba, North Korea, Iraq, for example, spouting out "the truth" (either for money or because they were disgruntled) and those regimes would have been only too glad to take them in and protect. them...

They don't kill conspiracy theorists because internet conspiracy sites discredit themselves, I dunno you don't seem to find many ex-spies or war criminals being disgruntled and blurting out the truth, they seem to believe that what they did was the right thing to do.

You have completely failed to provide any credible sources for your stories, instead you continue to repeat the same old conspiracy theories without any supporting evidence.

You seem obsessed by this flight 93 engine thing, so how about you provide proof for what you are claiming. Where is this mysterious picture showing the engine from an old fighter jet?

I'd like you to explain exactly what you think happened to flight 93, and why. It sounds like an awfully complicated plot. Must have been a good reason for it.

Timble:The source for the engine is , I believe, "9/11 Revealed:Challenging the Facts behind the War on Terror" by Rowland Morgan and Ian Henshall.
I've only found it in my library records and will have to get to the library I loaned it from tomorrow.Probably contains the Flight 93 engine story too.

The 93 engine;The Independent 13/8/02. More later.

KarlD said:
They don't kill conspiracy theorists because internet conspiracy sites discredit themselves, I dunno you don't seem to find many ex-spies or war criminals being disgruntled and blurting out the truth, they seem to believe that what they did was the right thing to do.

Surely there would be hundreds if not thousands of people involved in the alledged 9/11 conspriracy, many of whom wouldn't have been military/spy types. I find it hard to believe that so many otherwise ordinary people would be prepared to kill so many civilians and keep quiet about it because they believe it 'the right thing to do'. They couldn't all have been enthusiastic to start a war with no benefit to themselves, let alone their country.

No-one has given a good reason why the conspiracy plot is so complicated. If I were Bush, or the NWO or whoever, I'd probably just have someone hijack some planes and crash them into very important buildings. Why bother planting nano-thermite explosives, messing about with UVAs, missiles, old engines dumped in lakes, etc. Let alone having agents show up to scatter bits of wreckage outside the Pentagon in front of all those witnesses. (Witnesses who are conveniently either too scared to talk or believe wholeheartedly in the cause, whatever that may be.)

I am not so sure that the idea that the towers were demolished holds up, I think that would have been a bit too complicated to arrange.However the rest of the official story just does not add up, if you say OK the towers fell down of their own accord then it makes life a lot simpler.The presence of thermite like stuff is probably due to molten metals mixing together I would say.

Nobody has ever explained how you get the hijackers personal papers to float down to earth completely undamaged. you might as well have had a big arrow pointing to them as well.

I am quite sure that Bush wouldn't have sat everyone down at a breakfast meeting and said 'hey guys weve got this great plan and this is how it works'
you get little people to do things that they might think a little strange they don't get to see the file marked SECRET PLAN TO START A WAR
and i am sure if you were asked to do something and you now realise that it was maybe part of something very nasty you really wouldn't fancy spending the rest of your life on the run from the American secret service or MOSAD or whoever.If you don't have the file marked SECRET PLAN TO START A WAR who is ever going to believe you anyway?

I have been following this discussion with interest. I decided to look at some videos on YouTube to refresh my memory. As this thread has gone far off the original thermite topic I was hoping someone could help me with a specific question that I have about a couple of the videos I watched. Please let me know if this is not allowed.

These two videos show the security camera footage of the airliner crashing into the Pentagon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsWZHKIg3Cs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVDdjLQkUV8

The second one has some barriers and traffic cones in the foreground, the first does not. Was there two cameras or has one of the videos been manipulated in some way, apart from the obvious slightly zoomed view in the first. At 4 seconds in the first and 2 minutes 43 seconds in the second the same frame is seen but do not correspond well to each other.

Sorry again if this is too far off topic or too trivial but it is really bugging me.

P.S. If 9/11 was a 'false flag' operation it was a really bad one. I myself could have come up with many safer, easier and less deadly scenarios. This surely, is enough to discount the idea?

Bigfoot73 said:
Timble:The source for the engine is , I believe, "9/11 Revealed:Challenging the Facts behind the War on Terror" by Rowland Morgan and Ian Henshall.
I've only found it in my library records and will have to get to the library I loaned it from tomorrow.Probably contains the Flight 93 engine story too.

I'll see if I can find that through the library here, thanks.

seanex said:
...These two videos show the security camera footage ... The second one has some barriers and traffic cones in the foreground, the first does not. Was there two cameras or has one of the videos been manipulated in some way, apart from the obvious slightly zoomed view in the first. ...

There were two security cameras (and hence two videotapes) from that specific Pentagon entrance checkpoint. This is mentioned in the CNN report on the release of those two tapes as the first direct recordings of the crash:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/05/16/pentag ... index.html

Thanks EnolaGaia, It was my best guess that there were two but I couldn't find anything about it and it began to bug me. Much appreciated. :D :yeay:

Timble2 said:
And apropos the Pentagon

FACT: Blast expert Allyn E. Kilsheimer was the first structural engineer to arrive at the Pentagon after the crash and helped coordinate the emergency response. "It was absolutely a plane, and I'll tell you why," says Kilsheimer, CEO of KCE Structural Engineers PC, Washington, D.C. "I saw the marks of the plane wing on the face of the building. I picked up parts of the plane with the airline markings on them. I held in my hand the tail section of the plane, and I found the black box." Kilsheimer's eyewitness account is backed up by photos of plane wreckage inside and outside the building. Kilsheimer adds: "I held parts of uniforms from crew members in my hands, including body parts. Okay?"

Well, he said there were marks on the pentagon walls. While most witnesses denied their existance, a handful agreed with him to come to the rescue of the official version. But photos and films do not show them. So they're unreliable. All we have is what may be the mark of small wings. What hurt the Pentagon was no Boeing 757 nor any kind of airliner. At least, I think that no-one still supports with the wings folding back (a twaddle which was nonetheless defended by a number of "experts").

The same can be said of Flight 93. David Ray Griffin wrote a good synthesis in Debunking 911 debunking. Initial reports defended that debris fell over a large area. Notably that a whole engine was found at at least 1600 m from the "crash" site with its too small hole (and it was not the tale of an isolated policeman). Numerous witnesses reported fall of debris and human remains at Indian Lake - and it is at 2.5 km in a straight path from the main site. Other reports spoke of pieces, sometimes big, at 3 to 13 km. A CNN reporter, Brian Cabell, related that the FBI had cordoned an area at 10 km. All of that evolved later, and was conflated to a single site, with part of a reactor at 300 m. Another intriguing feature is that sightings at Indian Lake seemed to involve a plane coming from the east, while Flight 93 was said to come from the north-west. Where there two planes to explode and/or to crash, hence the two areas ?

As for a definitive scenario of what happened to Flight 93 or Flight 77, I don't know. I just know that the official version doesn't hold water. I'm a sceptic, not a believer ; contrary to those who "know" exactely what happened (meaning the officialists). Truth doesn't have to be simple.

Hokum, you really aren't reading my posts,are you?

06-08-2009 23:23:- I explain that I believe 93 was shot down.
08-08-2009 20:26 :- I explain that in the light of your persistent use of obnoxious and now offensive language you need address no further comments to me.
Can't have read that one either,can you?
To save you further confusion you are now the first ever entry on my Ignore list.

Bigfoot73 said:
Atta" just didn't have an Islamic lifestyle at all, let alone a militant one.

Maybe not. However, he did attend speeches given by Bin Laden in Afghanistan. It was captured on video as well as what is purported to be his 'will'.

Atta may indeed have had some sympathy with Islamic radicalism. Being a Saudi he would have experienced the intolerant Wahabi strand of Islam which may have left him more sympathetic to al-Qaeda.
I live in a mainly muslim area and I'm used to the phenomenon of muslim men drinking, gambling, doing drugs and fornicating and then going to mosque on Fridays.It just seems an improbably long way to go from living like that to suicidal terrorism.
I suspect the hijackers didn't really know who they were working for. Their sponsor organization could have been indirectly cultivated by the CIA from the start.A introduces B to C, who like them reads blogs by shaikh/imam X, spiritual leader of movement Y.He knows of a madrasa in country Z. etc. etc.
Nobody in this disparate underworld really knows who everyone really is or where they came from, and infiltration, manipulation and orchestration would be so easy. The Pakistan ISI chief's donation of 100 00 dollars to someone using the name Mohammed Atta just days before 9/11 deepens the mystery still further, and who's to say he hadn't been misled too?
There are so many contradictions about the hijackers. Nutjobs, patsies, or players?
Why did Atta's luggage contain an airline uniform he would never have had the chance to put on, and his will- which would never have been read unless left at the airport?A recent exchange about the passenger list failed to elicit the actual list - I still maintain that Atta's name wasn't on it.

Back