• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

A Vanishing Girl & White Entities In Mentor, Ohio

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
The Haunting of Lake County? Mentor residents spot "ghosts" in security and doorbell footage

Author: Kelly Matter, Hope Sloop
Published: 3:19 PM EDT March 22, 2021
Updated: 5:05 PM EDT March 23, 2021

MENTOR, Ohio — Do you believe in ghosts?
It's a question that many Lake County residents have found themselves asking over the past few weeks due to "supernatural haunts" caught on video.

In recent weeks, members in Mentor, Ohio Facebook groups have posted videos and images of a "mysterious" object or person. This mysterious image appears to be all white and moving very quickly. [SEE LINK]

[...]

3News spoke with officials from the Mentor Police Department and were even able to retrieve the police report based on information that was sent.
In the report, it states that police officers were dispatched on March 10 around 10:40 p.m., to the area of Bellflower Elementary in reference to a suspicious incident.

The caller reported seeing a 7-year-old girl running northbound in the area. As one officer approached Wyatt's Greenhouse, he spotted a child fitting the description from the caller.

"I was surprised by what I saw, the person appeared to be a small child, running rather erect and too quickly for a child," the report says.

When the officer got out of the vehicle to try and catch the child, nobody was in the area. The officer continued along the building expecting to see a child crying, or scared, but still no signs of anyone.

PUNCHLINE: on reviewing his dashcam footage, no girl was visible.

See Full Article:

https://www.wkyc.com/mobile/article...otage/95-abdf584e-1c3c-4186-902d-c26e4fc4ab98

The same video (looped for convenience) is now available on YouTube:

Ta!

I'm 99% certain it's an artifact of the technology but... it seems to move in a series of bounds almost. Like hopping? How do hopping ghosts move?

If it's happened on more than one night, where are the other videos?

I have no idea about the frame rate or other specs for a typical doorbell, but it looks to me like a low res capture of someone running past in a nightgown. As you do.

Could be a ghost, I suppose.

The various "spooky youtube videos" channels like nukes top 5 and chills have had a lot of these "doorbell ghost" videos. Generally the behavior of the person in the video is "normal" like someone just walking down the street and the unusual part is the ghostly appearance. This one is unusual in that there is a police call and the police officer sighted the mystery person.

The location of Wyatt's Greenhouse, mentioned in the article, about 30 minutes from me.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/W...3a9932cbf74d17!8m2!3d41.6956229!4d-81.3783059

Do you care to visit there some evening and report back? :D

. . . it looks to me like a low res capture of someone running past in a nightgown. As you do.
Looks like the ghost of a baby's onesie to me.
Either that, or the ghost of a headless chicken.

I have no idea about the frame rate or other specs for a typical doorbell, but it looks to me like a low res capture of someone running past in a nightgown. As you do.

Same here, but just looks like the person is wearing a big coat to me. As an aside I wonder why ghosts feel the need to run. Unless of course they're running away from something even more spooky.

Same here, but just looks like the person is wearing a big coat to me. As an aside I wonder why ghosts feel the need to run. Unless of course they're running away from something even more spooky.
Places to go, people to haunt, its a hectic life for a ghost, they're a bit like Uber, get a call for a haunting and race over, not many ghost cars about, they dont die very often, so they have to run :hahazebs:

Seems to be something special for Ring videos, not the movie, but the Doorbell brand owned by Amazon. Either it is easier for it to catch ghosts on videos or it's something which makes ordinary people look like ghosts especially in low light conditions.

Example:

Seems to be something special for Ring videos, not the movie, but the Doorbell brand owned by Amazon. Either it is easier for it to catch ghosts on videos or it's something which makes ordinary people look like ghosts especially in low light conditions.

Example:
It might be a slight loss of synchronisation between the infrared illuminator and the camera. Perhaps a very slight flicker, not in time with the frame capture on the video camera. Just an idea.

I just saw this bigger thread now. I asked the local paranormal group in Mentor to check it out. They had little interest but I was able to see a lot from Google street view and maps. This just doesn't seem very spooky. But the media played it for the clicks it was worth and made little effort to actually check it out.
https://sharonahill.com/2021/03/29/examining-the-mentor-ghost-child-video/

I just saw this bigger thread now. I asked the local paranormal group in Mentor to check it out. They had little interest but I was able to see a lot from Google street view and maps. This just doesn't seem very spooky. But the media played it for the clicks it was worth and made little effort to actually check it out.
https://sharonahill.com/2021/03/29/examining-the-mentor-ghost-child-video/
I'm thinking the passing image is that of a youngish jogger, seems like the video wasn't able to keep up with the passing of running person? Maybe it's brought about by there not being enough light to pickup the image properly?

Back