• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Animal Escapes

l’m pretty sure that those are African pygmy hedgehogs, not European hedgehogs (Erinaceus europaeus).

maximus otter
They are AKA tenrec,that’s the ones I photographed in chatuchak,someone suggested my neighbour had one,I said hers is a British hedgehog.

I bet these cops would take the coyote's side against the roadrunner as well.

Sheriff's deputies choke escaped pet emu to death​

image-20.png

Courtesy photo
A pet emu escaped, and its loving owner called 911 in the hopes it might be found. It was, and Maricopa Sheriff's deputies strangled and killed it when they found it.

Video shows deputies with the Maricopa Sheriff's Office getting a lasso around Richard's neck before pulling her over to a police car.

'You can see her neck being constricted and being pulled against her will. They continued to do this, to strangle and torture her to death, until she collapsed while they tried to force her into the back of a squad car," Moilan says.

Richard was just walking, Moilan says, and was not a threat to anyone until the deputies got involved.

https://boingboing.net/2023/10/05/arizona-sheriffs-deputies-choke-escaped-pet-emu-to-death.html

Loose Llamas Loiter on A66. Ah'll pack them off home says traffic copper. Vid at link.

Cumbria: A66 brought to a standstill by escaped llamas and alpacas​

A herd of llamas and alpacas have escaped from a farm and halted traffic on the A66 in Cumbria.

About 30 scarpered through a tear in a fence at farm shop Basecamp North Lakes, near Troutbeck, and fled on to the road on Monday evening.

Owner Terry Barlow said he "ran out the door" after a customer buying sausages "casually told him" about the escape.

He said they were "happily walking to Penrith" but they have now been returned safely after his team blocked the road and shepherded the animals home.

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-england-cumbria-67203719

Lion escapes from circus

It was on the loose for a few hours in Ladispoli, Italy before being sedated & recaptured.

It had to be shot with sedatives twice as it awoke the first time, according to local news outlet

Mayor Grando was reportedly inundated with complaints about the circus being allowed anywhere near the area but he added that he could not stop it.

‘I hope this episode can raise some conscience, and that we can finally put an end to animal exploitation in circuses.’
Video

1699791764360.png

We had a muntjac deer randomly run into the reception of the hotel I've been working in this past summer. Luckily no guests were in there at the time, just me and the owner of the hotel was forward thinking enough to stand in the busy road outside to stop traffic until me and the chef could Shepard it out. We were all chuckling about it when watching the incident back on our CCTV. There were pellets of poo and stains up the bay window that I had to clean up after that one. The chef said "We'll that's a first for me!", I said this is actually the second deer in a hotel for me and showed him footage of when one of them got into the kitchen at the hotel the Mrs works at. They're even more unpredictable than squirrels when they're panicked.

We had a muntjac deer randomly run into the reception of the hotel I've been working in this past summer. Luckily no guests were in there at the time, just me and the owner of the hotel was forward thinking enough to stand in the busy road outside to stop traffic until me and the chef could Shepard it out. We were all chuckling about it when watching the incident back on our CCTV. There were pellets of poo and stains up the bay window that I had to clean up after that one. The chef said "We'll that's a first for me!", I said this is actually the second deer in a hotel for me and showed him footage of when one of them got into the kitchen at the hotel the Mrs works at. They're even more unpredictable than squirrels when they're panicked.
Munties taste nice but not as nice as CWD.

Was Max chasing the muntjac?

Lion sparks panic in Italian town after escape

A fully grown male lion terrified residents in a quiet Italian town after it escaped from a circus and prowled the streets for hours after dark.

The fearsome animal, called Kimba, spent around six hours stalking the streets of Ladispoli, a town north of Rome, before it was tranquilised and recaptured on Saturday evening.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2023/11/12/lion-sparks-panic-rome-escaping-circus/

maximus otter

A fully grown male lion terrified residents in a quiet Italian town after it escaped from a circus and prowled the streets for hours after dark.

The fearsome animal, called Kimba, spent around six hours stalking the streets of Ladispoli, a town north of Rome, before it was tranquilised and recaptured on Saturday evening.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2023/11/12/lion-sparks-panic-rome-escaping-circus/

maximus otter

maximus otter
post 284 deja vu

maximus otter
I think the lesson to be learnt from this incident is that when a REAL lion escapes from a REAL circus it seems that clear photos and videos are not a problem.

Fake news of an escape from Nashville zoo. A old photo from Africa was repurposed to suggest two lions escaped from the zoo overnight. It was shared on Facebook by some irresponsible poster (who really should have his account suspended). It caused a bit of concern. If two lions were loose from a zoo, you would not be hearing about it from some yahoo on Facebook.

https://www.wsmv.com/2023/12/20/fact-check-no-lions-did-not-escape-nashville-zoo/

A viewer called WSMV4 on Wednesday afternoon, concerned two lions had escaped the Nashville Zoo.

He had heard about the escaped lions on Facebook but was skeptical of the idea that two lions could have escaped the zoo without more news coverage.

His gut was right.

The Nashville Zoo confirms a viral Facebook post, which says two lions pictured escaped the Nashville Zoo and were spotted near Percy Priest dam, is false.

3JCLP3LSKRBMRBRQ7HI4V4HRIE.jpg

Also beware of Capuchin priests on the loose.

Members of the public have been advised not to approach a wild monkey that broke loose from a sanctuary and made his way into the woodlands of Co Wicklow.

Charlie, a Capuchin monkey rescued from a UK lab about 20 years ago, escaped his island at the Monkey Sanctuary Ireland in Rathdrum earlier this month.

His owner Willie Heffernan believes Charlie will be able to survive with his foraging skills but that traffic around the area could prove his biggest threat.

While non-aggressive and disease free, the monkey is not used to contact with people who are warned to keep away and contact the sanctuary if they spot him.

https://www.irishtimes.com/offbeat/...onkey-that-escaped-from-co-wicklow-sanctuary/

A Japanese Macaque has escaped the Highland Wildlife Park and is wandering the village of Kincraig wolfing peanuts from bird feeders. That definitely would be an unusual sighting for this weekends Big Garden Birdwatch!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-68123398

A monkey is on the loose in the Scottish Highlands after escaping from a wildlife park.
The Japanese macaque found a way out of its enclosure at the Highland Wildlife Park in Kingussie on Sunday.
The Royal Zoological Society of Scotland (RZSS), which runs the park, said it had assembled a team to recapture the animal.
Members of the public have been urged not to approach it but to contact the zoological society with information.

Last edited:
Back