• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Area 51 AKA Groom Lake: Still Secret

What do you think is happening at Area 51?

• The development of top secret aircraft

Votes: 15 71.4%
  • The hiding of recovered UFO's

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reverse Engineering from alien technology

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • It's just another airbase

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Area 51 doesn't exist...

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
I saw in, i think it was UFO Hunters that they thought that it had been moved to, was it Dugway proving grounds ?

Thanks

don't want to be picky.... but shouldn't it be This guy is pushing his luck

sorry

I saw in, i think it was UFO Hunters that they thought that it had been moved to, was it Dugway proving grounds ?

Yes - Dugway is the most commonly cited place to which Area 51 items and / or operations were (or are still being) migrated.

Yes - Dugway is the most commonly cited place to which Area 51 items and / or operations were (or are still being) migrated.

One place we've been a bit curious about is an Air Force flight training field outside Seguin, Texas. There have been sightings of UFOs over Seguin for many years (MUFON is headquartered there) and that training field may be the reason. But things changed around the time that the Area 51 activity was rumored to have stopped. In the old days, while driving near the field, it was extremely common to see air force jets flying low over the road. (This could by quite un-nerving if your car happened to be directly underneath the flight path at that moment) It was something one expected to see when driving in that area.

However, since the late 90's I haven't seen any air force jets flying in that area at all, and I've driven that road many, many times since. I've checked and its designation as a flight training field is still the same, and granted, I haven't been monitoring the place 24/7 so maybe I've just managed to miss every single practice flight since the late 90's - but it doesn't seem likely. And there are still reports of UFO's over Seguin...

The area is secluded*, though not anywhere near the same level of seclusion a base would have in Nevada or Utah. Still, I've had a sneaking suspicion that maybe some of the secret activities of area 51 have been farmed out to different places, and that might be one of them. Just speculation on my part, but hey, you never know.

An odd little factoid about Dugway proving grounds is that artist Edward Gorey worked there when he was in the service. He mentioned in interviews that the place would crop up in the news every once in a while when thousands of animals would be mysteriously found dead in the surrounding area.

*ETA - I should make clear that nothing of this training area can be seen from the road. Not planes, landing strips, any kind of outbuilding, nothing. I think there are signs stating that the place is there, but as for seeing into it - nothing is visable from the road. So it's always been a bit mysterious.

Last edited:
I'm doing some merging as there is relevant information on other threads.

One place we've been a bit curious about is an Air Force flight training field outside Seguin, Texas. There have been sightings of UFOs over Seguin for many years (MUFON is headquartered there) and that training field may be the reason. But things changed around the time that the Area 51 activity was rumored to have stopped. In the old days, while driving near the field, it was extremely common to see air force jets flying low over the road. (This could by quite un-nerving if your car happened to be directly underneath the flight path at that moment) It was something one expected to see when driving in that area. ...

Just for the record ...

Seguin Field (aka Randolph AFB Auxiliary Field) is a satellite facility of Randolph AFB (circa a dozen miles away). Seguin Field is largely unused except for its long main runway, which is maintained specifically for practicing approaches and doing touch-and-go's by training flights out of Randolph (and / or other local bases). There's apparently no more than a skeleton crew (maintenance and emergency folks) on-site during scheduled flight operations, and probably no more than peripheral / facility security folks at other times.

It's therefore not surprising that there can be a lot of low-flying air traffic around Seguin Field. Practicing approaches, landings, and take-offs is basically all they officially do there.

Just for the record ...

Seguin Field (aka Randolph AFB Auxiliary Field) is a satellite facility of Randolph AFB (circa a dozen miles away). Seguin Field is largely unused except for its long main runway, which is maintained specifically for practicing approaches and doing touch-and-go's by training flights out of Randolph (and / or other local bases). There's apparently no more than a skeleton crew (maintenance and emergency folks) on-site during scheduled flight operations, and probably no more than peripheral / facility security folks at other times.

It's therefore not surprising that there can be a lot of low-flying air traffic around Seguin Field. Practicing approaches, landings, and take-offs is basically all they officially do there.

Ah, but there's the rub - as I said, there used to be a lot of low-flying air traffic. We used to see planes flying in on their training runs nearly every time we passed, one after another, and in fact we would try to time it so we would drive underneath the flight path between the planes, as to avoid the alarming feeling of being right underneath the thing as it swooped in. But then they were gone - as I've said, I haven't seen one in years.

I do see military jets in the sky all the time - just not in that area. They are likely coming and going from other military bases in the San Antonio area, including Randolph.

Not having been on the property, I don't know whether there is anything out there or not. It's just something mysterious I've noticed. It's definitely not a dozen miles from Randolph, though, even going by highway 10 - the area I'm referring to is probably 35 miles at least. (Actually, not too far from Palmetto State Park which I've mentioned in the Cryptozoology threads.) Not that it matters, really. They're the air force, I'm sure they have adequate transportation. :p

If I were going to hide something, it's a place I would pick, but then again, there's reasons the military has not sought me out to hide things for them. ;)

If I were going to hide something, it's a place I would pick, but then again, there's reasons the military has not sought me out to hide things for them. ;)

Oh yeah, you expect us to believe that?..

Even allowing for leaks and whistleblowers, doesn't anyone find it strange that Area 51 is si widely known about, and that there doesn't seem to be much attempt made to clamp down on any rumours that emerge.

Its almost like its there to grab our attention and make sure we aren't looking at some other place where all the REALLY secret stuff happens!

Even allowing for leaks and whistleblowers, doesn't anyone find it strange that Area 51 is si widely known about, and that there doesn't seem to be much attempt made to clamp down on any rumours that emerge.

Its almost like its there to grab our attention and make sure we aren't looking at some other place where all the REALLY secret stuff happens!
That could be the case now, at least in part. Back when supersecret spy planes were tested there, it was very much a secret base that no one mentioned except in vague "code words" like The Ranch or The Remote Facility. Hardly anybody knew of its existence, outside the military. I'm sure a lot of testing still goes on there, but I would be very surprised to learn it's the only such place being used for that. It's still very remote and well protected, so I'm sure it's still very important. I would like to go camp somewhere in the area and watch to see how much activity there is at night, as far as air traffic in and out. Might be pretty disappointing except for the night sky in that part of the country.

There is a really interesting book published online by NASA, a long and detailed history of the X-15 project, arguably the most badass "airplane" ever. While setting up the infrastructure for the project, the organizers asked for permission to use Area 51 as one of several contingency landing strips. They were denied. Not even the Air Force and NACA were allowed on the place. I've always found that interesting.

Keeps everyones attention away from 'Area 6'

https://www.livescience.com/53967-area-6-tests-drone-planes.html

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ecurity-test-aircraft-shows-Google-Earth.html

Mysterious Aircraft Spotted At Area 51 In Unprecedented Satellite Image

A delta-shaped tailless fighter-sized aircraft that looks like nothing we've seen before calls the secretive base home.

Roughly eight years since its construction began, the massive hangar located at the remote southern end of the Air Force's clandestine flight test center at Groom Lake, better known as Area 51, has seemed to have had little to no activity. Based on commercial satellite imagery and sporadic video taken by hikers from Tikaboo Peak dozens of miles away, there have never been more than a handful of vehicles nearby and nothing of significance in terms of infrastructure has been built up around it. Now, for the first time, satellite imagery from Planet Labs not only shows activity around the mysterious hangar, but the nature of that activity is a never-before-seen exotic delta-wing aircraft parked on its northern apron.

When glancing at daily 3-meter resolution images of the base we noticed the appearance of a roughly delta-shaped blob on the north apron of the large southern hangar. The first shot that contained this object was dated January 26th, 2022. Since we had never seen any action around this hangar, we found it odd. Maybe it was a large group of vehicles or some sort of new construction?

message-editor%2F1643620667311-20220126_180236_1009_3b_visual.jpg

PHOTO © 2022 PLANET LABS INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

A high-resolution Planet Labs image, dated January 29th, 2022, told a much richer story — that the blob was actually an exotic delta-shaped aircraft under an unenclosed skeleton-like structure just sitting in the middle of the apron.

The aircraft in question measures roughly 65 feet long and 50 feet wide and has wings that are reminiscent of Concorde, with its elegantly curved 'ogival' leading edge. Even the mystery aircraft wing's trailing edges are curved, leading to almost scimitar-like wingtips that may be turned upward. Overall, the wings have a flowing, almost organic appearance.

The aircraft has no discernable tail surfaces with what is likely its exhaust extending to the rear and blended with the curved trailing edges of the wings, providing something of a rear apex. Its forward fuselage tapers into what is most likely a pointed nose. There is no doubt about it, this is a fluid-looking design that would likely be very impressive to view close up.

message-editor%2F1643820449508-mysteryjetarea51enhanced.jpg

PHOTO © 2022 PLANET LABS INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

As to what it could be, we don't know. But the size and shape are broadly similar to notional Next Generation Air Dominance (NGAD) and 6th generation fighter-related concepts we have seen — for both the USAF and the Navy — which are depicted as heavy, tailless, low-observable tactical jets with modified delta-wing planforms.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zo...d-at-area-51-in-unprecedented-satellite-image

maximus otter

Seems odd that they would park it on the runway in a transparent tent.
Almost as if they want people to see it.

Seems unlikely it was a error, they know when the sat passes are due and
sometimes use decoys they also disguise or alter the heat signature left were
a aircraft as been out in the sun leaving a cooler outline were it was parked.
:omr:

Monkey sees monkey does, and you end up with another Concordsky

:omr:

It would be very easy to rent a prop from a film rental house from some sci fi production, they do have some with pretty large shells, and park it there to confuse the curious especially if the tent is transparent, which sounds a little unusual.

“…an unenclosed skeleton-like structure…”

maximus otter
It looks like shiny transparent plastic. Either way, the aircraft is there to be seen by all.

Looks like a gradual reveal, as was done with other technologies. Stealth was revealed piecemeal, with little tidbits here and there. Sounds like the same thing.

Wasn't there was something similar displayed and photographed way back, which turned out to be a 'stealth' model, suspended on a pillar, used in testing of radar reflection?

There is an associated history and these are all now declassified:

Resize_20220206_104317_7543.jpg

Resize_20220206_104317_7868.jpg

Resize_20220206_104317_7718.jpg

Resize_20220206_104317_7368.jpg

Back