• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Astronauts Seeing UFOs on the Moon

Do you think the astronauts saw aliens on the Moon?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Do you think Neil Armstrong and the other American astronauts saw space aliens watching them when they were on the Moon? Assuming you believe they reached the Moon, that is.

For some reason I was reminded today of the story of Neil Armstrong spotting someone or something watching him from a crater on the Moon and any talk of this being withheld from the public by NASA. I think it's in Timothy Good's book Above Top Secret and has probably been reprinted somewhere on the conspiracy loving Internet. Where this tale originated I don't know.

A complete and utter myth, only interesting as a piece of folklore.

On returning from the moon Edgar Mitchell founded the Institute of Noetic Sciences to investigate consciousness and inner space, and has since spearheaded this institute's pioneering research into human consciousness.

The two areas are linked because if UFOs and ETs exist then there are clearly higher forms of consciousness and intelligence to explore (not to mention different forms of energy which we can harness)
http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewt ... 428#438428

But further down the same page:
Perhaps Mitchell reportedly highlighting the so obvious facts:

“I, nor any crew I was on (I was on three Apollo crews), received any briefing before or after flights on UFO events, saw anything in space suggesting UFOs or structures on the moon, etc. We did it just like we said in official reports. My only claim to knowledge of these events is from the individuals, mostly of yesteryear, who were in government, intelligence, or military; were there, saw what they saw, and now believe it should be made public. But I claim no first hand knowledge, nor have any. Pass it on to the rest of the net, if you will”.
http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewt ... 909#438909

Tim Good originally told the story in Above Top Secret (later republished as Beyond Top Secret), but hasn't returned to it in any of his subsequent books.

Good states that an anonymous informant who worked for "British miliitary intelligence" overheard Neil Armstrong in conversation with a nameless Professor.

Armstrong claimed that "we were warned off [the moon] ... their ships were far superior to ours both in size and technology". When asked why Nasa returned to the Moon having been "warned off", Armstrong explained that "NASA was committed..and couldn't risk a panic on Earth...but it really was a quick scoop and back again".

However, the subsequent Apollo missions, hardly fit the the description of "a quick scoop". Apollo 12 stayed on the Lunar surface for 31 hours, Apollo 14 for 33 hours, Apollo 15 for 66 hours, Apollo 16 for 71 hours, and Apollo 17 for 75 hours.

Armstrong claimed that "we were warned off [the moon] ... their ships were far superior to ours both in size and technology". When asked why Nasa returned to the Moon having been "warned off", Armstrong explained that "NASA was committed..and couldn't risk a panic on Earth...but it really was a quick scoop and back again".

Why would 'they' have any objections to us visiting the moon? Why would the moon be of any interest to them and not earth?

Because the Moon is a giant UFO base?

Thanks for the info, everyone. I just like the story, really, it's a cool idea.

"SANTA CLAUS"

If i remember correctly audio footage was released where Armstrong can be heard saying along the lines of " i just saw Santa Claus"

Who or what was "Santa Claus"?

Re: "SANTA CLAUS"

wowsah156 said:
If i remember correctly audio footage was released where Armstrong can be heard saying along the lines of " i just saw Santa Claus"

Depending on who you believe, Santa Claus is either a code name for a UFO, or a jokey reference. Those funny astronauts!

Santa Claus was the 4th century bishop of Myra, which is in Turkey. Why he should be on the Moon I wouldn't know.

Re: "SANTA CLAUS"

wowsah156 said:

IIRC the other thing "Santa Claus" could be is a stream of ice breaking away from the module and catching the light, producing a mini shower of shooting stars.

We discussed Ed Mitchell's utterances in the "Moon Landing Faked?" thread as well, wherein I quoted him from a now apparently defunct site thusly:
I said:
It must be stressed that the wackier people on the fringe of alien matters do the subject no end of damage. Contrary to rumour, there are no alien buildings and structures on the moon. I should know, I was there!
When Ed Mitchell says there are loonies afoot, one should take note ;)!

eburacum said:
Santa Claus was the 4th century bishop of Myra, which is in Turkey. Why he should be on the Moon I wouldn't know.
Probably sprinkling holy water on those WWII bombers there.... ;)

Or paying their respects to the jean-clad skeleton(s) up there. ;) (didn't we have a thread on that as well? there is nowt new under the sun...)

Even Gordon Cooper, the most pro-UFO astronaut, said the same thing as Mitchell:

I saw no UFOs from space.

I made no radio transmissions about any object approaching my spacecraft, and have the onboard tapes of the flight to prove it.

I have publicly denied this story again and again, but it won't go away.

Similar purported UFO sightings by other astronauts, including Wally Schirra (Mercury 8 ), Jim Lovell and Frank Borman (Gemini 7) and Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin (Apollo 11), never happened either, nor were there sightings or pictures taken by astronauts of UFOs or alien structures on the Moon, as has been claimed in some quarters.

It got so bad that there were deliberately falsified tapes of communications with astronauts, where UFO material was simply edited in. Falsified reports and general misinformation on the subject do a great disservice to us all. I know credible people, including military and airline pilots, who have had legitimate sightings but haven't filed reports for fear of being grouped with all the nuts who don't care about the truth.

- Gordon Cooper, Leap of Faith: An Astronaut's Journey into the Unknown

naitaka said:
Even Gordon Cooper, the most pro-UFO astronaut, said the same thing as Mitchell:

I saw no UFOs from space.

[snip snip]

It got so bad that there were deliberately falsified tapes of communications with astronauts, where UFO material was simply edited in.

Easy to say if you were him. Thats pretty much saying "oh yeah, and by the way.... any proof that comes out which shows that I made contact to houston regarding UFOs; its bogus." Riiiiiiiight. So we should just take his word for it then? If he were fibbing, then he would fib about that as well.

Ah yes, the perfect UFO discussion.

In a realm of unbelievable tales, misinterpreted perceptions, deliberate hoaxers and planters of false stories, shoddy research, true believers and dogmatic debunkers, experts that can't be trusted because by definition they are part of either the conspiracy or a misguided agenda, and guys who were there to witness events but must by definition be unable to talk, can there even be any such thing as truth? Why do we go on? :headbutt:

A friend that I trust told me, in privacy and complete sincerity, that she once watched a classic flying disk hovering above a lake for several minutes. That was twenty five years ago. I used to hope for understanding. Now I realize that to pursue this question is to jump down the rabbit hole, where nothing can ever be "real" again.

Things like ufos, ghosts, and the paranormal in general interest us because their enigma fascinates us not only becuase of our innate responses to the unfamiliar or unknown, but also the instinct to feel part of a protection which has been taken away.
To stumble upon the realisation that we are purely here by chance and our lives have no more meaning that a leaf on a tree, that is to be born, live and be recycled into the ever changing environment in cyclic patterns of this and that... can, for some be overwhealmingly pointless, so they need to find another path for motivation and belonging.
Anything which sounds or feels even slightly escapist and possible adheres to their goals of finding meaning. For some it is religion, for others it is the paranormal. For them or they, it escalates into a spiralling backdraft of here to there of believing dross, twaddle and the such. The important thing to them all is the bolstering of their beliefs.

From a fortean aspect, one should inspect and take onboard the possibilities that whatever experience one has had in the past, whatever predictible variables they have encountered, one should not dismiss things simply because they are all too much familiar.
Then again, one should never accept something because it has happened or has been reported many times before to however so many or so few.

Conspiracy theorists are a prime example of angst ridden believers in the revolution against apathy to the accepted. That is not to say they are right or wrong. They are good because they fuel the debate of deliberating what is and what is not and also what could be. But it is the staunch believers in something which is purely in appearance, that is to say, black and white, that destroy real investigation... real understanding. So when one side says that reluctance to report apparent sightings is a cover up, and the other says it is common human responce to sense, the latter is more right and the former is stabbing in the dark to save their belief.

We need more, much more than anecdote by now to perpetuate any belief unless it is purely a blind faith based system (which is what fascistic and religious dogmas are strongly founded on)...to continue the Fortean challenge we must all rise above the conflict of supressed fads and fashions (waves, surges and popular trends), and concentrate on moving forward and seeking out new ways of investigation; possibly taking advantage of what we now know, what we now use and what we can do.

It's all well and good theorising until the proverbial cows come home, but in the long run, cold hard investigations and evidence is the only way forward.

Let's use some more lateral thinking and make Charlie proud.
(I know I probably have just done with this passage :D )

According to Vladimir Terzisk:
I have proved beyond the shadow of a doubt that there is atmosphere, water and vegetation on the Moon, and that man does not need a space suit to walk on the Moon. A pair of jeans, a pullover and sneakers are just about enough.
... and the Nazis have been living on the Moon since 1942!

Nazi Moon Base

Last edited by a moderator:
It's utter and absolute shit. What a nut case! :shock:

Theres a possibility that its true. I wouldn't put too much thought towards the concept though.

Human_84 said:
Theres a possibility that its true. I wouldn't put too much thought towards the concept though.

There's an even stronger possibility that he ripped off the idea from Robert Heinlein's Rocketship Galileo (1947) and is too delusional to distinguish fact from fiction.

There's no chance of it being a possibility, unless you're speaking all this post modernist philosophical constructivist meandering.
*Only in America* eh.
When he says he has proved it is fact. I want to see this proof. I hate it when people talk of such nonsense as a matter of fact.

Mighty_Emperor said:
"Any reasons to think they did?"

Yeah, three main ones:

1. According to numerous news stories at the time, an amateur radio telemetry club in Italy [which had duplicated all of NASA's major communications equipment for thirty thousand clams] monitored the spacecraft all the way to and from the Moon, losing contact only when the craft passed behind the lunar sphere. The Italians also tracked all the astronauts' blood pressure readings, heart beats, body temperatures, respiration rates and so on, and were able to tell therefrom what G-forces (if any) the astronauts were under at any given time. Thus SOMETHING traveled to the moon and that something had living breathing human beings inside.

2. Like most adult Americans living in 1969 (I was 27) I watched the TV reports for the better part of three days straight. If this rapid-fire, don't-dare-blink-your-eyes switch-back-and-forth from live TV studio to live NASA Command Center to moonscape was a fake, it has to be the most seamless one in broadcast history. More seamless in fact than I believe a 72-hour broadcast CAN be (and I speak as one with some legitimate claims to being a broadcast historian.)

3. The Moon hoax, if such it was, wasn't carried off by four guys sitting around a card table. It had to involve hundreds or more likely thousands of participants. So how come absolutely none of those insiders have ever cracked to the con to make the REALLY BIG bucks?

Oh come on... Noone really believes in the Moon Hoax fable any more surely? I once had my doubts about it, the Van Allan belt and the photographic inconsistancies etc...but after further inspection, this all turned out to be tripe. The photographs were legitimate and the belt explanation just the work of ingorami.
Humans can be a complex machine politically and yes, there is an abundance of corruption, especially in the super powered West, but essentially, noone could pull off a hoax of this size, and it would be pointless. If a hoax had been made, then it would have been a double *undercover affair* There would have been little or no coverage. The video link would have been nil with a "technical fault" explanation and so on to infinity.
If you look at the reasons the conspiracy theorists use against the Lunar landings, you'll see they are riddled with ignorant claims and half baked scientific pretence whereas the reality don't. Elimentary my Dear Homo sapiens really. 8)

OldTimeRadio said:
According to numerous news stories at the time, an amateur radio telemetry club in Italy [which had duplicated all of NASA's major communications equipment for thirty thousand clams] monitored the spacecraft all the way to and from the Moon, losing contact only when the craft passed behind the lunar sphere. The Italians also tracked all the astronauts' blood pressure readings, heart beats, body temperatures, respiration rates and so on, and were able to tell therefrom what G-forces (if any) the astronauts were under at any given time.

Was it these fellas? - lostcosmonauts.com

Back