• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Bathroom Ghost

That would be an ecumenical matter. ;)

I'm interested in what you did with the crystals etc that you removed from the bathroom; where are these now?

In a box, under the bed in the spare room. There on Gumtree at the moment, hoping to get rid asap.

I've got that - and a book of the scripts!

An all time classic, shame only two series where made. They should make a new series - I once did a script for a new set of characters that replaced the old ones.

Yes! another Father Ted household here at Frideswide towers :)

They should make a new series

It /would/ have to be a different set up given that Dermot Morgan died. :(

I could go for Father Jack being unchanged, and Father Dougal now being the Priest in Charge, struggling with a variety of temporary curates :)

Father Dougal in charge? Saints preserve us!

It /would/ have to be a different set up given that Dermot Morgan died. :(

I could go for Father Jack being unchanged, and Father Dougal now being the Priest in Charge, struggling with a variety of temporary curates :)

In my "script" you have Father Ned, Father Damien and Father Bells (who does a runner) resulting in the return of Jack. The title for my scribbles was: The Bog-Man of Craggy Island.

Erm, Weve gone a bit off topic here, whoops.

If I can dig out my proposed sequal of sorts I`ll post it in the relevant part of the forum.:rolleyes:

Meanwhile, da ghost has found the plug, filled the bath and threw his stuff everywhere again.Probably wearing his pajamas now :p

Meanwhile, da ghost has found the plug, filled the bath and threw his stuff everywhere again.Probably wearing his pajamas now :p
I dont want to be starting a new thread entitled: Bedroom Ghost :p

George - Back on topic - In your first post, you said you came home at lunch time. Would you be able to estimate the time it would take for your bath to fill up completely? I know it was overflowing, so we can't be exactly sure when it must have started, but it might narrow down a time frame. What time did you leave the house in the morning?

George - Back on topic - In your first post, you said you came home at lunch time. Would you be able to estimate the time it would take for your bath to fill up completely? I know it was overflowing, so we can't be exactly sure when it must have started, but it might narrow down a time frame. What time did you leave the house in the morning?
I left at 700 am and arrived home at just after 1pm. Im not sure about the time taken to fill the bath, probably 5-8 mins? It had definitely been running for some time, the wall below in the kitchen was wet and so was the floor.

I was thinking, always a daft thing, but is your house joined to another? Cause the people in the next house could be sneaking into your loft. Im a tad fixated with your loft :p

I would say two things to that.
People often recommend setting up cameras especially, for some reason, when people are having things happen during the night. The suggestion being to film yourself sleeping and see what you get up to (i.e. sleep walking etc). But what if you're not getting up to anything? And you instead film a) a ghost standing by your bed staring at you or b) Someone else creeping around your house whilst you're blissfully unawares in your bed.

Appealing as ignorance can seem, if something is actually going on in what me might call reality, then pretending it isn't happening is simply denial. While it's not always nice, I tend to think it's still better to face things and deal with them... and also, if there is an actual human person sneaking around, there's a good case for doing something about that!

Something I will say, though I don't think it fits what's described here, is that my previous work building had a tap that could turn itself on and off to a degree, well actually it seems to have been quite dramatic changes in water pressure that were behind it, enough that the tap could be turned 'off' at low pressure, then when it went up again it was enough for there to be a slow but definite flow.

Something I will say, though I don't think it fits what's described here, is that my previous work building had a tap that could turn itself on and off to a degree, well actually it seems to have been quite dramatic changes in water pressure that were behind it, enough that the tap could be turned 'off' at low pressure, then when it went up again it was enough for there to be a slow but definite flow.

Thats right but most probably only relates to the cold tap which runs off of the mains pressure. Hot water (well in older systems) comes from a cylinder. But in modern Combi systems the hot water is pumped out the boiler to the tap.

Your also describing a tap that sometimes drips.

The tap at my former work was a hot tap, I can't say that I particularly recall it dripping.

I have no idea how that relates to whatever might have been going on in the plumbing.

Appealing as ignorance can seem, if something is actually going on in what me might call reality, then pretending it isn't happening is simply denial. While it's not always nice, I tend to think it's still better to face things and deal with them... and also, if there is an actual human person sneaking around, there's a good case for doing something about that!
I agree. Ignoring a problem doesn't make it go away. I was just pointing out that surveillance (and it's possible outcomes) should be carefully considered.

For example, in this case, I think it would be a good idea to keep an eye on the landing and bathroom whilst no-one else was in the house.

As a first step, before investing in cameras, GeorgeP could try some old school methods to detect if someone is physically walking around his house.

Probably the first thing to do is go up into the loft and see if there is any opening through to an adjoining house.
If there is, some building work may be required to stop anybody crawling through into the loft.
Also, putting a light dusting of talcum powder on the floor may show up any footprints left (if it is a physical person walking about).

Vaseline on the taps is a good idea. Finger impressions or smears will be a give away.

Probably the first thing to do is go up into the loft and see if there is any opening through to an adjoining house.
If there is, some building work may be required to stop anybody crawling through into the loft.
Also, putting a light dusting of talcum powder on the floor may show up any footprints left (if it is a physical person walking about).

I have checked this and thankfully all the brickwork is in good order.

I like the talcum powder idea.

I do recall leaving the steam mop out on the landing, just hoping I`d awake the following morning/arrive home to find it had been pushed over - no luck so far.

Lol I was looking for the ForteanTimes forum and not the Junior Detectives club! (Only kidding I love all these ideas).

The mop idea George too obvious, it's not going to fall for that!

I'd set up a camera and get it over with once, you've ruled out a person.

On the grounds that if you can't see it....? :confused:

Back