• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
We can segue into their reality in the Dreaming?
Yes. Occasionally we'll see things like a Yowie, or Min Min lights, or feel the presence of some unexplainable awareness.

It's a shared reality, and I don't think that it's confined only to Australia personally. Your opinion though, may vary to mine Kamalktk:

( To put it simply, there's some weird shit out there, and if we're fortunate, we'll experience it.)

The claim where Bigfooters connect the legend to Native Americans always irritated me. It's apparently more like cultural appropriation than reality.
https://briandunning.substack.com/p/bigfoot-references-in-indigenous
And, Kathy Strain, who "who studies the role of Sasquatch in Native American cultures" doesn't have the credentials she says she does.
https://centerforinquiry.org/blog/bigfoot-bluffin-curious-credentials-in-cryptozoology/
These ideas that Sasquatch of legendary depiction is equivalent to Bigfoot of modern day is a big stretch. But it's very hard to turn away from because it feels right to have a ancient connection for the legend. But it probably isn't.

Evidence for Bigfoot should be getting better, not still relying on subjective stories to bolster its existance. Every day that goes by without solid physical evidence, with all the people looking for it, means the odds it exists as an organic being become much longer.

Last edited:
The claim where Bigfooters connect the legend to Native Americans always irritated me. It's apparently more like cultural appropriation than reality.
And, Kathy Strain, who "who studies the role of Sasquatch in Native American cultures" doesn't have the credentials she says she does.
https://centerforinquiry.org/blog/bigfoot-bluffin-curious-credentials-in-cryptozoology/
These ideas that Sasquatch of legendary depiction is equivalent to Bigfoot of modern day is a big stretch. But it's very hard to turn away from because it feels right to have a ancient connection for the legend. But it probably isn't.

Evidence for Bigfoot should be getting better, not still relying on subjective stories to bolster its existance. Every day that goes by without solid physical evidence, with all the people looking for it, means the odds it exists as an organic being become much longer.
Maybe get better results if they made trail cameras less obvious, suggest - if they was made to look more like a part of the tree/or a stone, and not such an obvious carbuncle strapped against a tree trunk - better camouflaged, and not so boxy?(as, if they really do exist out there, then their obviously pretty smart - not dumb!)

Maybe get better results if they made trail cameras less obvious, suggest - if they was made to look more like a part of the tree/or a stone, and not such an obvious carbuncle strapped against a tree trunk - better camouflaged, and not so boxy?(as, if they really do exist out there, then their obviously pretty smart - not dumb!)
Trail cameras are camouflaged. Besides,,,, as an intelligent creature, when did you spot all the cctv cameras on your regular trail on a shopping trip through town?

Trail cameras are camouflaged. Besides,,,, as an intelligent creature, when did you spot all the cctv cameras on your regular trail on a shopping trip through town?
cctv cameras are usually well above normal eye view, whereas trial cameras are usually mounted fairly low to the ground to try and catch their images on a set trail.
I don't look for cctv cameras so it wouldn't be a thing - whereas to a Bigfoot, and such like, it may well stick out like a sore thumb - especially if they are super-intelligent within their remote surroundings.

The account related by Grenfell was definitely not something ethnoknown.

(But to be fair; I doubt many bf visit Labrador...)

Things are not going well for Kathy Moskowicz Strain these days. Three weeks ago, Trey the Explainer, who is an archaeologist, and has 1Million+ YouTube followers, released a video that took him several years to research. At the center was Strain's book claiming Native lore tie-in with Sasquatch/Bigfoot. Only 11% of all the so-called indigenous names that are said to represent a Bigfoot-like creature even resembled a Bigfoot. And of this 11%, the Natives aren't making this connection to a real, unidentified animal.

Seems like researchers either didn't ask the elders what their stories really represented or, more likely, they "weird-washed" them and only heard what they wanted to hear.

Approaching half a million views. Even though this is over an hour long, it's exceptionally well researched and supported.

Things are not going well for Kathy Moskowicz Strain these days. Three weeks ago, Trey the Explainer, who is an archaeologist, and has 1Million+ YouTube followers, released a video that took him several years to research. At the center was Strain's book claiming Native lore tie-in with Sasquatch/Bigfoot. Only 11% of all the so-called indigenous names that are said to represent a Bigfoot-like creature even resembled a Bigfoot. And of this 11%, the Natives aren't making this connection to a real, unidentified animal.

Seems like researchers either didn't ask the elders what their stories really represented or, more likely, they "weird-washed" them and only heard what they wanted to hear.

Approaching half a million views. Even though this is over an hour long, it's exceptionally well researched and supported.

Takes him a long time to get to the conclusion, but it's hard to argue against his meticulous research and analysis - namely that there is no plausible Bigfoot tradition amongst American Indians. The whole Sasquatch mythology would appear to be a comparatively recent invention by white folk, desperate to believe, but ignorant of the true meaning of indigenous stories about creation and assorted cautionary tales.

Amusing. And true.

Screenshot 2024-03-05 at 9.52.30 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-05 at 9.52.49 PM.png

How frequently do they walk on their hind legs? I presume they can't balance like that whilst walking for long.

Have to say I wasn't aware of how skinny they get and how much like a Bigfoot they might appear (especially from a passing car). So the question would be is there an upsurge in Bigfoot reports in the Spring?
There is also the question of the sounds (calls) that they are believed to make?

I always imagine two lots of Bigfoot hunters calling to each other while the real Bigfoot is looking on and sniggering.

How frequently do they walk on their hind legs? I presume they can't balance like that whilst walking for long.
There was a bear in the news from New Jersey (I think), that had permanently injured front legs, it was posted in these forums at some point. Apparently the answer is "as long as they need or want to".

Corny 70s 'documentary film', probly posted upthread. I shall remove it if that is the case.

Alaska, Canada, northwest U.S. states are huge in size and very little people.

I think Alaska has about 500,000 people in total in about 500 million square miles.

if BigFoot have huge social parties in Alaska, no one would ever know.

Bigfoot's Reflection explores the evidence behind sightings of the legendary Bigfoot, a bi-pedal ape--man that roams the North American forests. Experts in the field of Bigfoot and cryptid study, reflect on their encounters with the creature and the evidence that has accumulated over the years; from casts of Bigfoot's feet to the infamous film capturing the legend on camera.

The podcast from the History Hit series, "After Dark: Myths, Misdeeds and the Paranormal" is dealing with the phenomenology of Bigfoot.
A good listen generally, but a playfully insightful look at this phenomenon.

Must have been a slow news day...

Oklahoma Man Says Bigfoot Made Him Kill His Fishing Partner​

Larry Sanders was arrested for the murder of his fishing partner, who he says had “summoned Bigfoot” to off him, according to police.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/oklahoma-man-says-bigfoot-made-him-kill-his-fishing-partner-police-say
Larry Sanders was found guilty:

https://people.com/oklahoma-man-killed-friend-believed-wanted-feed-bigfoot-8635532
--------------------------------------------------------------
The Oklahoman reported that Sanders claimed during testimony that while out noodling with Knighten, he had seen three sasquatch-looking figures by the river.

Witnesses for the prosecution testified that Sanders had said he believed Knighten was trying to kill him and send his body down the river as a sacrifice to Bigfoot, reported The Oklahoman.

The paper reported that a forensic psychiatrist testified that Sanders was suffering from methamphetamine-induced psychosis and believed he was defending himself.

Back