• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Aliant - This is not mine, a friend sent me a that link, I thought you guys would like it here at the Crypto board so I posted it.

A perfect example of what to look out for in photos. Cheers :)

OOOOHHHHH!!!! okay.
Aliant - This is not mine, a friend sent me a that link, I thought you guys would like it
here at the Crypto board so I posted it here.

I'm sorry.
It's probably ALL over the internet by now.
Thought it was yours personally---silly me!

Bigfoot screams, turds, hair etc

Tang malow - I remember seeing a similar prog (or the same one?) about a wildlife photographer hding up in the mountains close to where those recordings were made (and they were bloody spine chilling at that - despite being sat in my living room, in the middle of a city, I felt compelled to have a large one after hearing them) anyway, this photographer bloke interviewed wise old geezer who saw them every day, looked at twisted tree trunks, found boulder in road, and then.....bugger all.
Similarly, they mentioned Bigfoot turds: the one in question was about two feet long, apparently longer than the human colon can cope with, then the usual thing happened; every time they get some form of biological sample, be it hair, turd or earwax, it's sent away for analysis, and then we NEVER hear of it again.
Apart, that is, from the odd mention, usually an unattributed quote, to the effect that it's not anything they know about already. A prime example of this was Karl Shuker (for whom I have the utmost respect, may I add): on his "who Wants to be a Millionaire?" appearence, Tarrant asked him about the Yeti; Dr Shuker mentioned hair samples recently found, that didn't match any known animal. As this is a quiz show, Shuker understandably didn't go any deeper as he had money to win. My point is this though: if the scientific community want proof of existence, and hair samples are then supplied that don't match anything they know about, why don't they therefore accept the existence of something they don't know about and admit to it? (it is, after all, their bloody test!)

Oh, I do like a rant of a morning...

Originally posted by garoned
the Thing OR the Hulk i meant !!!:eek:

Let me slip into fanboy mode here: gotta be the Hulk, because the madder he gets, the stronger and more invulnerable he gets. I would think Thor or Odin should be at the top (even over DC's Superman) being a deity and all, but for some reason it doesn't work out that way. Maybe Shazam should, since he's got all those gods' power at his disposal.

The should lessen superheroes powers to make them more believable and give them actual challenges. If a guy's bulletproof and can fly at like Mach 12 or something, where's the suspense?

The guy lives in my suburb, but drives to Wisconsin to look for Bigfoot? He could save himself several hours travel by just
going into the swamps north of Cloquet... there have been
footprints and sightings there for over 30 years!

And I don't think West Nile Virus has reached that far north, yet...

TVgeek

About half a dozen previous Bigfoot threads are now merged in this one.

I renamed it 'Bigfoot in America' to distinguish it from a couple of other threads. (However, this thread excludes Beckjord's thread, which was a law unto itself!)

This merging has reduced the number of Bigfoot threads to five! :)

Why we love Cryptids
Doesn't say much new, but I liked this quote:
"Some Bigfoot people are like Elvis people," says Mr. Pyle. "It's not a matter of them not having both oars in the water. They don't even have a boat."

Another link: Santa Clarita Valley (Where's that, exactly?) Some hoary bigfoot tales.
The third known sighting was by two teen-age boys. I point out here that these sightings coincided with the birth of the drug culture here in the SCV. The two boys described a huge male Sasquatch to a tee, but then added that he was wearing a blue bell around his neck.
Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Bigfoot Band.

Bigfoot in Texas?
Several stories and reports here.
Woolheater himself claims to have seen a Bigfoot in 1994. On the way home to Dallas from New Orleans with his wife on a moonless night, his headlights caught a tall, hairy figure walking beside the road. "It was grayish in the light, and it was moving in the same direction we were moving, so we just saw the back of it, but it was definitely moving," he recounts. "And we both, simultaneously, looked at each other and said, 'Did you just see what I just saw?'" He wanted to turn back, but his wife, then girlfriend, did not. He hasn't seen another Bigfoot since that day.

Thanks for the Map links, Sureshot - I love maps!

I have a US Street Map CD sent to me by a pal over there, but I seem to have worn it out - my computer will no longer read it! :(

New Sasquatch documentary coming

"I've gone from being a raving skeptic to being curiously receptive," says Robert Benson, director of the Center for Bioacoustics at Texas A&M. He appears in a new documentary, Sasquatch: Legend Meets Science, critiquing taped Bigfoot calls. While many of those recordings "could be human" (i.e. hoaxes), others left him puzzled.

In Sasquatch, which airs in January on Discovery, a small cadre of scientists pore over audio, video and the Holy Grail of molds called the Skookum Cast, a plaster impression taken in 2000 from a muddy Mount St. Helens meadow that purports to capture a Bigfoot sitting on his oversized derriére.

Sasquatch producer Doug Hajicek is mum on the film's "important revelations" but is confident viewers will tune in. "I'll tell you why this fascinates people," he says "We're the only bipeds (animals who walk on two feet) here. Imagine the primordial fear a competing biped species produces."
Full Story

I hope our US members report back on this!

Bigfoot believers
Legitimate scientific study of legend gains backing of top primate experts

By Theo Stein
Denver Post Environment Writer

Sunday, January 05, 2003 - EDMONDS, Wash. - After enduring decades of ridicule, Bigfoot researchers are enjoying support from some of the world's most respected scientists in their efforts to prove the hulking creatures of legend are no myth.

The persistence of reported sightings of Bigfoot-type creatures in North America and elsewhere has convinced leading researchers on primates - including Jane Goodall, made famous by her studies of chimpanzees in Tanzania - to call for something never seriously considered before: a legitimate scientific study to determine whether the greatest apes that ever lived persist in the world's moist mountainous regions.
Full story here.

I read that story You posted Rynner

and I hope they keep us update and such..notice they mentioned that they need to do "very long periods" months in some cases "of feild work>, I always thought that also,right? I mean If theres any possible truth to such creatures researchers need unlimited financing and equipment etc..to do a 100% job.

I'm reading your link

The british Hominid research..cool , I'm going to finish it now ..I love new hairy ape stories I havent read yet!! I'm near the skunk ape here you know ..only about 25 miles from here that those last pics (that loren coleman is studing) of that big orang like creature was..If you go driving around their it is so weird and "endless " places of unknow forest , swamps.miles and miles of places that you'ed need to be really equiped to go in an explore..plus theres cougars and all kinds of dangerous critters out there (not to mention alligators) like looking for that dino at lake tele in africa..The skunk ape will only be found if a group is funded for a heck of a long time to go out in the field and stay out in the field...the Maiaki River would be a good place to start ..look for tracks follow the miles of river into uninhabited swamplands and imense forrested areas that seem to go on for ever..

Sex And The Single Sasquatch

http://www.ncbuy.com/news/wireless_news.html?qdate=2003-03-07&nav=VIEW&id=2771Z86P1BA030307

PORTLAND, Maine (Wireless Flash) -- A Bigfoot researcher is taking a giant step for science -- he's studying the sex life of the Sasquatch.
Loren Coleman says there is a lot of information available about the sex lives of various apes, chimps and other primates -- but very little about how Bigfoot knocks boots.

This isn't for lack of reports. Coleman says many eyewitnesses are willing to talk about Bigfoot breasts or penises, but researchers are "too modest" to report the bare facts.

He says there are some amazing reports about Sasquatch sex that need to be studied further, including one person who claims to have seen a Bigfoot having sex with a cow.

Even stranger: Coleman says there have been at least few cases of adult men who were kidnapped by male creatures and forced to impregnate female Bigfoot creatures.

He discusses sex and the single Sasquatch in an upcoming book, "Bigfoot! The True Story Of Apes In America" (Paraview Pocket Books).

Surely before you start studying a creature's sex life it would be appropriate to prove it exists first? (the creature not the sex life)

Re: Sex And The Single Sasquatch

Originally posted by Ogopogo
Even stranger: Coleman says there have been at least few cases of adult men who were kidnapped by male creatures and forced to impregnate female Bigfoot creatures.

So now we have a Villa Boas[*] case for the hairies?
I guess it just goes to show that "The Six Million Dollar Man" got it right.

[*] Villas Boas ? I believe this was the name of the abductee. I remember seeing a followup article a couple years ago where he's led a normal life as a lawyer since then. But he still stands by his luridly sensational story.

tonight on

http://www.artbell.com Dr. Matt Johnson -Sasquatch- sasquatchsite
Dr. Matthew A. Johnson (sasquatchsite), a licensed clinical psychologist, had an encounter with Sasquatch on a family outing. He now seeks to eliminate the social taboo that forbids people from talking about their Sasquatch experiences.

Related Articles
Is Bigfoot Interdimensional?
Tonight's guest Dr. Matthew Johnson will be reporting about his encounter with a Sasquatch. An ongoing debate in the Cryptozoology field is whether or not Bigfoot could be an interdimensional rather than flesh and blood creature. Experts such as Loren Coleman believe that solid evidence such as tracks and other samples lend credence to the creature being a physical form.

Paranormal researcher Rob Riggs told After Dark that "we always want to jump right in and say that's extradimensional or paranormal but you know I think we may simply be talking about creatures that have access to physical spaces that humans cannot perceive. That they in fact are three-dimensional physical creatures but they are able to go into spaces that lie outside our perception because they are outside our reality tunnel…that somehow these creatures enter into spaces that we have not mentally tuned into."

Meanwhile remote viewer Ed Dames, who was just on the show last week, also commented on the Bigfoot question with an intriguing take. "They're actually a plasma that's created; they're real; they have mass. They're made up of available materials—oxygen, nitrogen, carbon…They're ephemeral, they leave foot prints but then they're gone." According to Dames, their source is a kind of "projector" that is run by a sentient agency from an underground location on Mars.

Has anyone seen the film "The Untold" its based on actual accounts, this is the story of a team of experts who are in search of a company plane that disappeared over the remote forests of the Pacific Northwest. After finding the plane and its crew torn to shreds, they realize that they are dealing with one of the world's greatest mysteries and that the only people left to rescue may be themselves.

http://www.untoldthemovie.com/index.html

I cannot find the "true" account of what this film is based on, is there a true account or is it just a load of hollywood bull ???

Well, there have been a fair few 'planes that have gone missing in the Pacific NW, and there was a joke that there was a monster in there that ate aircraft, but TBH if you take an area about the size of France and cover it in trees and mountains, then in pre-GPS days it would be dead easy to lose a crashed plane in there. However, I've read stacks of Bigfoot stuff, and this scenario doesn't ring any bells.

IIRC there's only one account of Bigfeet actively attacking humans:
Another intriguing anecdote concerns an attack by Bigfoot creatures on a party of miners in the Mount Saint Helens/ Lewis River area of southwestern Washington. The episode began one evening in July 1924, when two of the miners-already unnerved by a week's worth of strange whistling and thumping sounds emanating from a couple of nearby ridges-spotted a seven-foot-tall apelike creature and fired on it. They fled to the cabin and with two other men endured a night-long assault, including thrown rocks and a concentrated effort to smash open the door, by a number of the creatures. Portland Oregonian reporters who came to the scene later found giant footprints. The spot where the episode occurred was thereafter named Ape Canyon, and so it is called to this day. In 1967 one of the participants, Fred Beck, and his son published a booklet, I Fought the Apemen of Mt. St. Helens, recalling the event.
(from here). Worth bearing in mind that there have been claims that this incident was a hoax, as the article mentions, however, many researchers dismiss this in itself as false (but then, some would, woudn't they? ;))

Bigfeet have been known to frighten people, roaring, howling, charging even, but very rarely physically attacking them. Dogs, certainly, people, no.

[edit] Deliberately left Albert Ostman, the alleged Sasquatch kidnap victim, out of it, as the family that abducted him didn't attack him: the "father" did give him a hard stare when he tried to bolt, but that was about it. John Napier, IIRC, postulated that perhaps they considered Ostman a potential mate for the "daughter" :eek: ...[/edit]

nimrods son said:
http://www.untoldthemovie.com/index.html

I cannot find the "true" account of what this film is based on, is there a true account or is it just a load of hollywood bull ???
A straight to video, if ever I saw one! :p

Not much like a 'Sasquatch' ('Bigfoot'). Sounds and looks more like a Wendigo.

prairieghosts.com: The Wendigo Of the North Woods.
The American Indians had their own tales of the Wendigo, dating back so many years that most who were interviewed could not remember when the story had not been told. The Inuit Indians of the region called the creature by various names, including Wendigo, Witigo, Witiko and Wee-Tee-Go but each of them was roughly translated to mean "the evil spirit that devours mankind". Around 1860, a German explorer translated Wendigo to mean "cannibal" among the tribes along the Great Lakes.

Native American versions of the creature spoke of a gigantic spirit, over fifteen feet tall, that had once been human but had been transformed into a creature by the use of magic. Though all of the descriptions of the creature vary slightly, the Wendigo is generally said to have glowing eyes, long yellowed fangs and overly long tongues. Most have a sallow, yellowish skin but others are said to be matted with hair. They are tall and lanky and are driven by a horrible hunger. But how would a person grow to become one of this strange creatures?
Also a more supernaturally inclined film: The Wendigo (2001).

From The 'Untold/Sasquatch' Film Site:
Based on actual accounts, THE UNTOLD is the story of Harlan Knowles (LANCE HENRIKSEN), billionaire and President of Bio-Comp Industries who heads up a team of experts in a quest to locate a company plane that disappeared over the remote forests of the Pacific Northwest.
Emphasis mine.
Probably means they've based the movie on the famous sightings of the 'Bigfoot' hoax. and some faked footprints.

And why not?

I saw the film on Sky a few months back, it was late, I couldn''t be bothered to change the channel and it had this really good looking blonde bird in it...:D ....

I just wondered because they said it was based on a true story, I have heard of the miner story etc but not this one.. guess they just said to get more people to watch it.

I have noticed some of the same people who post on the crptozoology board also post on the esoteric or “magic” board. I propose this: lets everyone whose interested, use whatever school of magic their from to summon bigfoot. We decide on a particular time and cecranize it so that we are all working at the same time to produce the most powerful collective energy possible. Of course we will have to “attach” our work to someone who is actively looking for the creature in “real time”. That shouldn’t be too much of a problem. Dates and moon fazes don’t really factor in much to my work so I will leave it up to others to help decide the date time ect. . Soooooooo, who interested?:grouphug:

Back