• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Sasquatch sighting reported in Yukon
Last updated Jul 13 2005 08:30 AM MDT
CBC News
A group of people in the Yukon community of Teslin say they saw a sasquatch or bushman over the weekend, the second reported sighting in the area in about a year.

Nine people, some of them children, say a large human-like figure covered in hair passed by a window of a house. They later saw it standing behind an abandoned car near some houses in the community, which is located 180 kilometres east of Whitehorse.

Chucka Choumant and Trent Smarch are two of the people who believe they saw the sasquatch.

The men said they heard trees snapping and creaking even though there was no wind at the time. The figure they saw was nearly three metres tall and moving fast, they said – too fast for them to keep up even when they were running.

The creature left behind some evidence, the men said: a footprint about twice the size of a human's, and a small patch of hair found in the area that has been sent to a conservation officer in Whitehorse.

Those who say they saw the creature would like the sample to undergo DNA testing.
MORE HERE AT SOURCE http://north.cbc.ca/regional/servlet/Vi ... an13072005

He's been saying that for at least a week. Michael Rugg was talking about him when I went to the Bigfoot Museum.

Show me someone with a confident announcement and a movie deal, and I'll show you someone whose career is about to peter out in a sputtering of any-day-nows. But I'm growing cynical in my middle age. If Bigfoot is ever caught, it will come out of the blue - as big a surprise to the general public as the ivorybill and H. Floresiensis.

no one's ever going to "catch one" because they are paranormal. They're either projections, elementals, or hallucinations but whatever they are they are not normal animals. If you review the bfro sightings you will see a great number of reports that describe b/f doing things that normal animals cannot. Things like disappearing, going thru very difficult terrain too easily, gliding or floating, being seen as only a shadow, or an all black silouette, being seen materializing into a figure from a black mass, being seen only partially materialized, running at incredible speeds, causing fear/panic attacks, putting observers into shock-like states, and so on. The bfro "investigators" never question these aspects of the reports however, because issues such as these do not fit into the bfro's stance on the creature. the bfro and other groups are invested in this being a flesh and blood creature they will be able to capture. To confuse the issue even further, many times these creatures are seen doing "normal" things like eating corn in a field , rummaging thru outdoor freezers for food, or raiding chicken coops.

Certainly the bizarre Bigfoot stories indicate a "fairy creature" (bearing in mind that "fairy" might just as well indicate a psychological event as an objective reality; we simply don't know enough about either). However, just because Black Shuck is a fairy dog doesn't mean there aren't any solid physical fairy dogs.

(Edit: I mean, solid physical BLACK dogs. Sorry - I was hurrying to post this while waiting for the gaming group to finish divvying up treasure and didn't edit properly.)
You'll have to excuse me - the less definite things are, the better I like them.

Alberta scientist offers to test 'sasquatch' hair

Friday, July 22, 2005 Page S2

Whitehorse -- A University of Alberta scientist is offering to run a DNA test on what some believe is a sample of sasquatch hair found in the Yukon. But a laboratory technician who analyzed the tuft says its not the mythical furry creature.

Philip Merchant compared a print of the hair's scale pattern with those of other creatures and says it appears to be bison. He says there are many unknowns about the origin of the sample, found at Teslin, near the B.C. border.

Biology professor David Coltman contacted Mr. Merchant about the sample this week.

Mr. Merchant accepted his offer to conduct a DNA analysis and the hair is now on its way to a lab at the University of Alberta. CP

Source (Globe and Mail)

Hair samples scrutinized in Yukon sasquatch sighting
Last updated Jul 20 2005 12:27 PM MDT
CBC News
The question of whether or not there is a bigfoot roaming around the Yukon hangs by a hair, as a biologist analyzes samples taken from the community of Teslin where nine people reported sasquatch sightings 10 days ago.

Phillip Merchant, a territorial biologist, says so far tests show the hair was likely not from a bear.

He made the assessment after comparing hair samples found at the scene, with samples of known local mammals.

* FROM JULY 13, 2005: Sasquatch sighting reported in Yukon [Leaferne sez: link is clickable]

Merchant says he can't make an exact match, but says the hair most resembles that of a Yukon bison. He says more precise tests could be fairly expensive.

The territorial biologist who is examining the sample says so far, it most resembles hair from a Yukon bison.

The territorial biologist who is examining the sample says so far, it most resembles hair from a Yukon bison.
"There are new electron microscopes that could be applied and it's all a question of getting someone who is interested in doing it and what the bill is and who will pay," says Merchant.

"If it comes from the government of the Yukon does it give it an aura of authenticity? We have to be careful we don't send people on a wild goose chase."

Merchant says he's skeptical about the sasquatch claims. But he says he will do what he can to determine the origin of the hair sample.

Source (CBC North)

200-sasquatch-teslin-hair-2.jpg

sasquatch-3.jpg

A Teslin residents points out the size of footprints left behind by a creature that some say was a sasquatch.

More on the same:

Scientists test 'Bigfoot' hairs
By Ian Gunn
BBC News, Vancouver

Most scientists are sceptical about the sasquatch's existence
Canadian scientists are performing DNA tests on a tuft of hair said to come from a sasquatch, a legendary ape-like creature also known as Bigfoot.
Geneticists at the University of Alberta have been given the hair by witnesses who say it came from the mysterious animal.

The residents of a Yukon town say they saw the creature earlier this month.

The scientists say they think it unlikely that the hair belongs to a giant ape.

Witnesses in Teslin say they saw a tall, ape-like creature lope past a house in the middle of the night, leaving behind large footprints and a clump of hair.

'Scientifically interesting'

Geneticist David Coltman says his team will run modern DNA tests on the sample and compare the results to the DNA of large animals that are well-known here, such as bears and bison.

He says the fur is almost certainly from a well-known mammal but he admits it is possible it will not match any known species.

That, he says, would be scientifically interesting and that chance is worth running these tests for.

Stories of a giant ape roaming the western forests of North America date back to before European settlement in Canada.

But despite occasional footprints in photographs, there has never been much proof of the sasquatch's existence.

The witnesses say they are convinced something unusual is living in the woods.

The test results are expected later this week.

Source

:( :(

DNA tests squelch Canadian sasquatch discovery

By Scott Pattison 2 hours, 33 minutes ago

EDMONTON, Alberta (Reuters) - Big Foot will remain just a tall tale, for a while at least, after DNA hair samples thought to be from the mythic creature turned out to be bison hair.

Researchers said on Thursday that a mysterious clump of hair found in the Yukon Territory is from a North American bison and not from he elusive ape-like sasquatch, or Big Foot, said to haunt the woods of western Canada.

"The DNA profile of the hair sample we received from the Yukon earlier this week clearly matches reference DNA profiles from North American bison," said David Coltman, a wildlife geneticist at the University of Alberta in Edmonton.

"However, if you're a believer, we haven't disproved there is a Big Foot out there," Coltman said.

Hair and large footprints were discovered by two witnesses who claimed to have spotted a large and furry ape-like figure dash through the bush this month near Teslin, a village about 100 miles east of the Yukon capital of Whitehorse.

Coltman often works with Yukon wildlife officials and agreed to test the samples using a chemical solution to separate the DNA material from the hair shaft so that the gene sequences could be compared with the known sequences of other animals.

"DNA is quite powerful at detecting new species. It's the genetic blueprint for a potential organism."

The legend of an ape-like, or human-like, creature lurking in the mountains of western Canada and the United States goes back to a time before Europeans settled in the continent.

The word "sasquatch" was derived in the 1920s from tales of the Chehalis Indians in British Columbia.

Coltman's decision to test the hair drew media interest from around the world, although he had suspected from the beginning that the tufts came from a bison.

"People want to hold on to these myths that something unknown is possibly living in their backyard," Coltman said.

"I think it's highly unlikely that the sasquatch exists, however, it's not really scientific to disbelieve anything either. You must always maintain an objective mind," he said.

Coltman has since turned down a request from a Wisconsin woman to analyze fur from a wolf/man hybrid creature spotted frequently in the badger state.

The alleged Yukon sighting is not the first Big Foot report in Canada this year.

A resident of Norway House, Manitoba, (525 miles north of Winnipeg) shot videotape in April of what appeared to be a large, hairy, two-legged creature walking along the shore of Lake Winnipeg.

Copyright © 2005 Reuters Limited.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/oukoe_odd_canada_sasquatch

a bit late for this?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/4720797.stm

In search of Bigfoot

Even the scientists who are DNA testing hair found in a suspected Bigfoot print say they expect the results to come back as bear or bison. Why is the myth of this huge ape-like beast so powerful for many cultures?

Bigfoot n. - large, hairy, humanoid creature said to wander the wooded wilds of the Pacific Northwest. Also known as Sasquatch (Canada), the Yeti or Abominable Snowman (Asia), Mapinguari (the Amazon) and Yowie (Australia).
In the Himalayas there's an old Sherpa saying that, "There is a Yeti in the back of everyone's mind; only the blessed are not haunted by it."

Many cultures have legends about solitary man-beasts, and recorded sightings in North America and Asia date back to the early 1800s. Despite numerous sightings, photos and footprints of often questionable origin, there has never been conclusive proof that these creatures exist. No droppings, no bones, no hair and no bodies found - alive or dead.

And this week, geneticists at the University of Alberta are putting the legend to the test as they scrutinise hair alleged to have come from Bigfoot. The results are due on Thursday.

The tuft was collected by residents in Teslin, Yukon, who claim to have found it in a massive footprint left behind by a 3m-tall human-like creature which tromped through their backyards earlier this month.

Wildlife geneticist Dave Coltman expects that the hair will have come from a known mammal such as a bear or bison, but says he is curious enough to test this theory. "If Sasquatch is indeed a primate, then we would expect the sample to be closer to humans or chimpanzees or gorillas. That would be kind of cool, wouldn't it?"

Man-beast or myth

Regardless of his findings, the myth of Bigfoot does not need hard facts to persist.

The creatures are real enough to those who say they have spotted them, but opinion is divided on the nature of the beast. Some say it is flesh-and-blood; others, including various Native American tribes, believe it to be a spirit being which appears to humans in times of crisis.

Ralph Gray Wolf, an Athapaskan Indian from Alaska, has told reporters that Sasquatch makes appearances to help troubled communities "get more in tune with Mother Earth", bringing a message that there is a need to change.

Nor are such creatures confined to the vast, isolated tracts of land in North America and Asia - in the UK, such legends date back centuries.

Two years ago, investigators and the media descended on Bolam Lake, near Newcastle, following a spate of sightings of a tall, shadowy figure over the previous 18 months. In their week in the wooded, lakeside park, six of the party spotted the so-called Beast of Bolam.

Richard Freeman, of the Centre for Fortean Zoology centre, says one of his colleagues was among the witnesses.

"What they saw was not Bigfoot, or Sasquatch as I prefer to call him; it was an enormous shadowy figure in the trees, more like a ghost than flesh-and-blood. In a park not far from a city centre, you're not going to get a nine-foot ape-like creature - England doesn't have the habitat to support it."

His theory is that sightings such as this - and Scotland's Big Grey Man of Ben MacDhui and the Grey King in Wales - are of a paranormal being.

"I don't mean that these are the ghosts of some creature which has died; I think it is more complex than that."

In his time as a professional monster hunter, Mr Freeman has travelled the world gathering tales of weird and wonderful creatures - and in every culture, the same types crop up time and again. He calls it the "international monster template", which is made up of dragons and other huge reptiles; large ape-like creatures, such as Sasquatch and the trolls of Medieval Europe; little people, such as fairies and goblins; giant birds; and phantom dogs and cats.

"I believe these are analogues of the creatures which inhabited the plains of Africa millions of years ago, which our ancestors would have had to deal with. We now have a fossil memory of these creatures. Under certain conditions, the human mind creates 3D images of these analogues."

Mind games

Sceptics such as Benjamin Radford, of the Skeptical Inquirer magazine, also believe that such sightings are our minds playing tricks on us. For it is actually very easy to fool ourselves into believing what we want to believe.

What often happens, he has said, is that out in the wilderness, in areas known as Bigfoot or Yeti stomping grounds, someone will see something dark or hairy or fast out of the corner of their eye that startles them.

"If they're already thinking that there's a Bigfoot in the area, it's easy to make the leap between saying: 'I saw something, I don't know what it is,' to: 'I saw something and it's Bigfoot.'"

As for the latest find, it will soon be known whether the hair is from a creature thus far unknown to science. And until then, the truth simply lies in the eye of the beholder.

(c) bbc 05

BIGFOOT CAPTURED

BIGFOOT CAPTURED !! Bigfoot Found!!!!
The second hour featured a brief update by Bigfoot hunter Tom Biscardi, who announced that he has "a Bigfoot in captivity right now." Biscardi said the Bigfoot has been at an undisclosed compound for about a week, where it is receiving medical treatment for several injuries. He described the creature as a huge, hairy primate-like animal, standing over eight feet tall. Biscardi promised to post video footage of it at findingbigfoot.com as soon as possible.
SOURCE http://www.mediaontap.com/bigfoot/ AND http://www.coasttocoastam.com/shows/2005/08/19.html#b

FINALLY!

I'm going to start holding my breath and will continue to do so until the unveiling of the video. No--until the actual press conference with the beast, who I expect to be at least as communicative and erudite as Kaspar Hauser.

Updated 8.21.5

8.20.5 : Tom Biscardi claimed that he will have a public unveiling of the Bigfoot, "on Monday." (August 22nd) BoA will be there, waiting to see if history has been made or if we've been conned again.

Till the "grand unveiling on Monday", here's the some details on the Biscardi Saga so far.

Biscardi Bombshell : "Bigfoot Captured"

8.21.5 UPDATE
Here's the latest as of 6:30 PM (7.21), the rumours have been circulating, for the past 24 hours or so, that this "bombshell" re: Bigfoot is, as suspected, a hoax of some sort. The hard and fast details are not known at this point. What we do know is that the story making the rounds now is that Biscardi was duped somehow.

No update has been posted @ Coast to Coast's website, nor Biscardi's websites related to this expedition. I suspect we will hear from Biscardi on Monday night on C2C with Noory. What he says (and doesn't say) and what Noory says (and doesn't say) will speak volumes. Our coverage will resume when the plop hits the fan.

There is one posted account of this hoax from someone purported to be close to the expedition, from http://www.bigfootsightings.org/:

I got the news a few minutes ago - Biscardi was scammed by a woman in Nevada. There was no Bigfoot after all. I hope they didn’t lose much money on this fiasco. He will issue a statement on this soon I’m sure. I’m so glad it is over.

Attempts at getting a comment and/or more details from the folks @ www.bigfootsightings.org have received no response.

Meanwhile, there is also an esoteric slap fight going on in the comments section of said website, between Loren Coleman and the webmaster. Worthy of checking out, for certain. It's HERE. Loren Coleman Says:

August 21st, 2005 at 5:57 am
The uncritical support of Tom Biscardi continues. My wish is that the folks of Happy Camp wake up to whom this guy is before it is too late. He’s alright pulled in some of the townspeople so deeply, and using your location as the focus of his…. Well, it seems obvious to many of us what’s up.

The guy made promises of Bigfoot being taken by August 10th, then magically it was being held for over a week but he didn’t get a chance to go see it despite the earth-shattering alleged capture of Bigfoot? Next he goes on national radio making claims about the captive Bigfoot, and now he’s blaming it on a woman scamming him in Nevada? Come on folks. Look at what he’s doing.

In my years of studying the Bigfoot, I've seen and heard some wild stuff. But this may take the cake. Either we are standing on the precipice of history or being worked in a big way.

The Background

The Biscardi Bigfoot Saga began, for all intents and purposes, on July 14th, when Tom Biscardi appeared on Coast to Coast AM and declared that he was "98% sure that his group will be able to capture a Bigfoot which they have been tracking in the Happy Camp, California area. " (coast website)

At the time it was laughable. However, Biscardi returned on August 5th to say that he was "confident he will capture Bigfoot by Wednesday." (coast website) The situation was even more laughable, although at this point Biscardi had begun to take on a serious tone.

On the eve of his predicted deadline, he appeared on C2C yet again (August 9th) to say he expected the capture within 2 weeks. Stunningly, he appeared a scant 3 days later on the show to improve his prediction to one week from that night.

The Announcement
http://www.binnallofamerica.com/binnall8.20.5.html

Tue 08.23 >>
First Half-Hour: Tom Biscardi will offer an update on his claims of finding Bigfoot.
http://www.coasttocoastam.com/
The Cryptozoologist > Coast to Coast AM Keeps Biscardi on Track

Coast to Coast AM Keeps Biscardi on Track
by Loren Coleman
August 23, 2005

"Those who disregard the past are bound to repeat it." - George Santayana

What's the latest on the adventures of Tom Biscardi? Let's begin with the Coast to Coast AM with George Noory overview:

+++++
Monday August 22nd, 2005
Recap

Bigfoot Update
First hour guest, cryptozoologist Loren Coleman reacted to Tom Biscardi's Bigfoot hunt. On Friday night's program, Biscardi claimed his group had captured one of the creatures and he would be presenting photos of it on Monday. Coleman said over the weekend one of Biscardi's associates posted in a blog that the capture story was a hoax. "This man is a Las Vegas promoter," and his actions speak louder than words, Coleman commented. Biscardi briefly phoned in for "equal time" declaring that he would be giving out the full story on Tuesday.
+++++

On the night of August 23, Tom Biscardi will tell his "full story," reportedly. He could have directly addressed host George Noory's questions about whether Noory was going to get a photograph of a Bigfoot last night. Instead, Biscardi immediately used his airtime on Monday to attempt to smear me and distract the listeners from whether or not he had actually caught a Bigfoot.

Biscardi rushed on air to repeat one side of an old story of a misunderstanding between myself and a fellow researcher whom I respect. Biscardi, naturally, was trying to discredit me because he didn't like that I was skeptical of the twists and turns in his fantastic tales. Part of
what Biscardi mentioned I have never denied, although details Biscardi repeated from a certain individual are naturally distorted in a slanted fashion for dramatic effect. We all make errors in judgement, and whatever my own shortcomings, and I have many, including making honest mistakes (like serving as the agent for loaned slides and then passing along money later to the fellow researcher - no money was lost to the other researcher and I was able to get more money on his behalf). Nevertheless, the question on the table was about Biscardi and his "captive Bigfoot." What came so quickly out of Biscardi's mouth was expected. I guess it was easier to do that than address the issues at hand. Bottomline, I've never claimed on a national radio program that I've caught a Bigfoot or requested people support me with a million dollars to go on an expedition. And ask yourself, if you had someone on your "team" catch a Bigfoot, would you sit in your room for apparently ten days before going to see it, as Biscardi has said he has?

So folks, hold on to your hats. The next part of the melodrama on C2C with George Noory is on tonight. People have written that they predict tonight may be another attempted round of Biscardi doing some "Coleman bashing." Such is life in the Bigfoot business. If you can't take the heat, you are in the wrong business. If that happens, it happens, but Noory will do his job, I bet, and directly ask questions about Biscardi's claims and the flip-flops on his captive Bigfoot news. People want to know (and have been asking me in emails), how much money has been netted after each Coast to Coast-Biscardi appearance, for the $19.95/week registrations and $59.95 "passes" to see Biscardi's pay-per-view videostreaming and the promised views of "his" captive Bigfoot? I think that's a red herring; for people can ask for a refund and sue him if he doesn't give it. The more important issue for me is what damage to the credibility of the field with this fiasco
have.

Will the "real story" Biscardi is going to tell go something like the one that was apparently leaked over the weekend?

Linda Martin, identified as the editor of the Happy Camp News, the one who invited Biscardi to Happy Camp, and now, as she claims, is his friend and associate, wrote in her "Bigfoot Sightings" blog on Saturday, August 20, 2005:

"I got the news a few minutes ago - Biscardi was scammed by a woman in Nevada. There was no Bigfoot after all. I hope they didn¹t lose much money on this fiasco. He will issue a statement on this soon I¹m sure. I¹m so glad it is over."

She continues:

"Though it is a big disappointment and embarrassment to be scammed like this - going through this can make our team stronger in many ways. And we can get back to business - what this project was started for - to capture a Bigfoot and prove they exist. Yay! I feel that we're on the right path again. I heard Tom filmed an apology from the woman's husband, and I hope he adds it to the videostream! It's all part of the story of this expedition. Very exciting stuff if you ask me."

After receiving many negative comments about her involvement with Biscardi and Biscardi himself, via her blog, late on Monday, August 22, Ms. Martin took her "No Bigfoot" entry off her blog.

What will tomorrow bring? Isn't this all such a detour from the real search for Bigfoot? Won't it harm the credibility of Bigfoot research? The recent and past history would seem to indicate as much.

During last night's program, I only had enough time to outline at what had come before, and for those interested, here's the specifics:

In 1970, according to the Redding Searchlight newspaper and many other sources, Tom Biscardi's mentor or associate, Ivan Marx said he would capture a Bigfoot in a year. He apparently never did. What he did produce were two films that are now universally said to be alleged fakes, even though one was sold to the "You Asked for It" television program for $25,000 in 1972.

In May 11, 1981, according to the San Francisco Chronicle, Biscardi said he saw a Bigfoot on April 12, 1981, on Mount Lassen that "was a male, 7-foot-4, some 450 pounds." Biscardi told the reporter he was going to capture a Bigfoot. Apparently he never did.

In 1983, Tom Biscardi was the executive director and associate producer of the "In the Shadow of Bigfoot," a self-proclaimed documentary that contains more Ivan Marx footage of apparently the same pointy-headed, pointy-eared alleged Bigfoot seen in the earlier Marx films. It also contained the infamous "Bigfoot in a snowstorm" scene that had many film reviewers laughing off their seats. Once again, critics were unexcited by this film and noted it was full of factual errors. "Good for entertainment value only," wrote Mike Quast in his long entry on Ivan Marx, with notes on Biscardi, in his book Big Footage: A History of Claims for the Sasquatch on Film (2000). "In the Shadow of Bigfoot" was was distributed by Biscardi's company, Amazing Horizons, Inc.

With the 2003 news of legitimate organizations like the BFRO (bfro.net) planning sponsored (pay-as-you-go) expeditions, Biscardi's reappeared in early 2004, to put out press releases stating he was trying to obtain over a million dollars from corporate sponsors to conduct a Bigfoot expedition. "The timing of this current expedition was prompted by the recent sighting and news reports of an 'albino' Bigfoot. Biscardi has seen and has a photo of a baby Bigfoot with white fur....The photo was taken by tracker, Peggy Marx," noted the January 4, 2005, press release. Later he would say his expedition was going to be a pay-as-you-go trek, just like the BFRO's. Biscardi's various group's names (e.g. "American Bigfoot Expedition") then morphed into the GABFRO (Great American Bigfoot Research Organization).

On April 16, 2005, ferry operator Bobby Clarke allegedly videotaped a Nelson River, Manitoba Sasquatch and then sold the first rights to broadcast, for reportedly "six figures," to Fox TV's A Current Affair. It is screened on May 4, 2005.

On April 19, 2005, Marx's grandchildren, the Hickmans, and Biscardi claim to have seen a Bigfoot nearly Burney, California. Unfortunately, Biscardi told the media, he "left his tranquilizer gun and his wire-mesh grenade launcher at home."

On April 27, 2005, Jill Miller's project, in the planning for months, is announced. One of the innovations of the project is for Miller to live on-site for six weeks and have real-time video feed from her campsite, via satellite uplink, 24 hours a day.

On June 29, 2005, another Biscardi press release appeared, from saying that an "Imminent Capture Anticipated" (sic) of Bigfoot. The release gave helpful contact information that the "findings and materials forthcoming from this investigation will also be offered for commercial sale and distribution. Organizations interested in acquiring the rights for projects such as publishing, television, film, merchandising, lectures and exhibits based on Biscardi's expeditions." Some the publicity from Biscardi's interviews with the media, based on this release, have been revealing, as as the one on July 21, 2005, in the North Coast Journal, entitled "BIGBUCKS."

Jill Miller's "Waiting for Bigfoot" project began July 2, 2005, sending live feeds out from waitingforbigfoot.com. Biscardi said he is going to have a pay-for-view live feed from his "expedition" site, 24/7, for $19.95 per week, or a $59.95 "pass." A site, findingbigfoot.com, is created for Biscardi's "streaming video." Meanwhile, Miller's videos are placed on the internet for free viewing.

Next Biscardi followed up on his earlier promise to capture a Bigfoot during an appearance on Coast to Coast AM, by announcing to George Noory on Friday, August 19, 2005, that, according to Biscardi, his team (although Biscardi hadn't seen it), had in captivity for over a week, a 17 year old, male, over 400 pounds, 8 foot tall Bigfoot. Biscardi stumbled during the show and although he had earlier said the Bigfoot was 800 pounds, told George Noory had misheard him. (Noory would play back, on the August 22nd appearance, that Noory had gotten it right.) Furthermore, inquiring listeners emailing me wanted to know how can anyone, with a straight face, claim they know a Bigfoot is 17 years old?)

But as it turned out, however, according to the leak revealed on August 20th and detailed above, there is no Bigfoot. So, once again, Biscardi is empty handed? Or is he? What will his next claim be? George Noory can be trusted to ask the hard questions, once again.

Some of you knew how this was going to turn out, since, say, 1970 or 1981. For others, this is all new territory. Indeed, we will see if Tom Biscardi's actions, not his words, stories, excuses, or distracting attacks, are what speak volumes. It is up to everyone to examine what has happened, learn from it, grow, and move on.

HA HA HA HA ..LOL...LOL...OH O HO HAHHH HAAAAA!! WOOOOO! HA

Stagecoach Debunking
On July 15 our CEO and founder, Tom Biscardi, was informed by co-founder, Peggy Marx, that an acquaintance who she believed was credible claimed to have an injured Bigfoot in captivity. The woman insisted that doctors were caring for this creature, and that while we couldn't see it until it recovered from its injuries, they wanted assistance from us to protect, care for, and study it.

As weeks passed we received disturbing information that the creature was abducted by one of the doctors. Realizing the urgency and importance of making contact, we took action to ensure the creature's safety. By August 17 Tom assembled a small expedition team and made arrangements for professionals outside of the organization which included transportation, physicians, scientists and other volunteers.

Following bizarre and outrageous instructions, the team traveled four days and over 1500 miles between California and Nevada. By the third day the expedition team suspected they were being misinformed and insisted on meeting the woman immediately. They finally arrived in a desert town, Stagecoach, Nevada, and discovered the shocking truth.

Due to the outrageous course of events, it was prudent to delay the official announcement and true story. We appreciate your interest as we continue our quest to authenticate, research and study the elusive phenomena known as Bigfoot.
SOURCE MY FORT BUDDIES : http://www.greatamericanbigfoot.com/
WHAT A PISS!! This guy Tom Biscardi , has made a small fortune!! his promoter (look it up) is a las Vegas dude who worled with Tom Biscardi to make a quick $$$$ million (S) and I bet he'll retire because of " all the negative feedback" those folks who plucked down $60.00 to have a front row seat (thousands of 'em) when he promoted it on "COAST TO COAST" radio show should do a class action law suite !! or send Pat Robinson after him!! ha ha hah! Ruffeady on the watch!!

Ah, this whole thing was sketchy from the word go.
No surprises here.

Going back to the bison hair story, I was just wondering if anyone else thought it weird that, as the geneticist involved said, "As well, the hair DNA was so degraded that it was probably years old"

Is it possible that bigfoot had made himself a rudimentary bison vest?

looks like a new search for the Skunk ape , right here in my back yard . I got the info here on the FT home page
Posted on Sun, Aug. 14, 2005

Florida's monster

By Kathleen Laufenberg

It's big. It's hairy. It stinks. It lurks in the woods - and it's been spotted near Tate's Hell.

It's Florida's own monster: the Skunk Ape, known in other parts of the world as Bigfoot, Yeti, the Abominable Snowman and Sasquatch.

True believers say the Skunk Ape is real (stop rolling your eyes!). Files at the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission confirm that many people say they've seen one
more here : http://www.tallahassee.com/mld/tallahas ... 360305.htm
hope this is updated ! Its some nasty jungle out there! poison snakes all over the place , alligaters 12 feet long and up bugs in every place on your body..Thats what keeps me away, so far..

Bigfoot Conference in Texas Draws Hundreds

Bigfoot Conference in Texas Draws Hundreds
By ANGELA K. BROWN, Associated Press Writer
Sun Oct 16, 4:31 AM ET

Next to a lifelike replica of a giant ape head, the believers milled around tables Saturday covered with casts of large footprints, books about nature's mysteries and T-shirts proclaiming "Bigfoot: Often Imitated, Never Invalidated."

While they can have a sense of humor about it, the search for the legendary Sasquatch is no joke for many of the nearly 400 people who came here to discuss the latest sightings and tracking techniques at the Texas Bigfoot Conference.

"It's not a matter of believing, like faith, when you believe in something you can't see," said Daryl G. Colyer, a Lorena businessman who has investigated hundreds of reported Bigfoot sightings in Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas and Louisiana.

"It's a flesh-and-blood animal that just has not been discovered yet. And I think we're getting closer and closer and closer," Colyer said.

Outlandish theories about the origin of Bigfoot abound, including that it might be an extraterrestrial. Many believe that a towering, ape-like creature descended from a prehistoric 9- to 10-foot-tall gorilla called a Gigantopithecus, and that it now inhabits North American forests.

Hoaxes have been a large part of the making of the Bigfoot legend. California construction company owner Ray L. Wallace donned 16-inch wooden feet to create tracks in mud in 1958, and it led to a front-page story in a local paper that coined the term "Bigfoot."

But there have been more than 2,550 seemingly credible Bigfoot sightings reported in North America the past century, according to Christopher L. Murphy's 2004 book "Meet the Sasquatch."

Murphy believes thousands more witnesses are too afraid of ridicule to come forward.

"You see one of these things and it changes your whole perception of reality," said Craig Woolheater, the office manager of a Dallas company who co-founded the Texas Bigfoot Research Center in 1999, five years after he said he saw a hairy creature walking along a remote Louisiana road.

Colyer and others estimate that about 2,000 are in North America today, reclusive nocturnal animals living in thickly wooded areas with waterways, eating meat and plants and making nests out of trees and brush.

Pictures and film footage are often disputed, such as the 1967 footage of a creature walking near a California creek. Most evidence centers on hundreds of casts of footprints collected since the 1950s.

Jimmy Chilcutt, a retired fingerprint analysis expert for the Conroe Police Department, said many of the hundreds of prints he examined belonged to a primate, but not a human, ape, gorilla or chimpanzee.

Like Chilcutt, other well-respected professionals have come forward to say such evidence should not be dismissed.

"To me it's still an open question, but here's some evidence that warrants some serious consideration, so give it a chance," said Jeff Meldrum, associate professor of anatomy and anthropology at Idaho State University who has studied more than 150 casts of footprints. "This is not a paranormal question; it's a biological question."

Bigfoot Conf
__
_

On the Net:

Texas Bigfoot Research Center: http://www.texasbigfoot.com

$1 million bounty to be offered for live capture of Bigfoot

October 16, 2005

LEWISTON, Maine --A Maine scientist is preparing to release details of a $1 million reward for a photograph that leads to the live capture of Bigfoot, the abominable snowman or the Loch Ness Monster.

Loren Coleman, a professor at the University of Southern Maine, said the bounty would be paid for by an unnamed company and that he will release more details at a cryptozoology symposium at Bates College over Halloween weekend. Cryptozoology is the scientific study of hidden, rumored or unknown animals.

"It's the time for something like this," Coleman said. "Back in the 1960s, hardly anybody was talking about this. Today, it's phenomenal."

The mysteries surrounding these creatures have long been the subject of debate.

Bigfoot, or sasquatch, is said to be a huge, hairy humanlike creature with long arms. The abominable snowman, or yeti, is a large hairy, manlike mammal reputed to live in the Himalayas. The Loch Ness Monster is a dinosaur-like creature reputed to live in a lake in Scotland.

The $1 million bounty would be paid by a company to anyone who produces a photograph that leads to the live capture of one of the three creatures, Coleman said.

"We don't want people running around with guns trying to kill something to get the money," Coleman said. "It's not a contest, either. It's a very specific bounty that depends on the permanent capture of a live specimen, with emphasis on 'live.'"

Coleman, a cryptozoologist who is considered one of the world's leading experts on Bigfoot, said he would release some details about the bounty at a Bigfoot conference over the weekend in Texas. He's saving the rest for Lewiston, where he will speak at the symposium on Oct. 28 on the Bates campus.

The three-day symposium, held at the Bates College Museum of Art, will focus on cryptozoology, science and art.

"What we like about the subject is that there is such a fine line between truth and fraud in the field, and that goes way back through history," said museum curator Mark Bessire. "We're looking at how the possibility of these beasts becomes a part of the cultural canon."

The event will include panel discussions about the science of fantastic creatures and artistic interpretations of their stories. It will feature two movies, including "The Legend of Boggy Creek," a 1972 film about a small Arkansas town terrorized by a swamp monster.

Coleman said most sightings are hoaxes, mistakes or misunderstandings. But the $1 million reward is on the level, he said.

"The company that's behind this really understands the situation," he said. "They understand the interest in the creatures and monsters that are really out there and they are willing to step forward."

------

On the Net:

Cryptozoology Symposium: http://www.bates.edu/crypto.xml

Source

So if you get $1 000 000 for the photo what do you get for actually capturing any of these? :?

This is slightly reminscnet of a report from a Russian army base a few years back and the Crytpomundo chaps are suggesting its Bigfoot:

www.cryptomundo.com/bigfoot-report/bigf ... ty-breach/

but make your own mind up - it sounds like someone was mistaken:

Jan 26, 6:11 PM EST

Arsenal Chief: 'Intruders' Likely Wildlife

By DANIEL CONNOLLY
Associated Press Writer

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) -- A guard who reported a security breach inside the nation's second-largest chemical weapons depot may have mistaken wildlife for human intruders, authorities said Thursday.

The commander of the Pine Bluff Arsenal said officials combed the area but found no footprints or other evidence of human intruders.

"There's no doubt in my mind that the officer saw something, but it wasn't human," Col. Brian S. Lindamood said. "At this time I have no idea what it could be."

Lindamood said the officer was patrolling inside a 500-acre secure section of the arsenal where chemical weapons, including nerve agents, are stored.

"He reported that he saw three individuals on foot inside the (secure area) and when he approached in his vehicle they ran into the woods," he said.

Lindamood said the guard was between 70 and 165 feet away at the time and the area was brightly lit. The guard won't face any disciplinary measures.

"In fact, he was commended for the promptness of his report, for the detail contained in his report, and for his diligence in following up until his backup arrived," Lindamood said.

The 13,000-acre Army complex, located a half-hour south of Little Rock, began destroying its chemical weapons stockpile in March to comply with international treaties.

----------------
© 2006 The Associated Press.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/A/ ... SECTION=US

What's the Bigfoot activity like in that area?[/url]

PDF of an interesting paper from the journal Trends in Ecology and Evolution. 21 (2) on DNA testing of Sasquatch hair samples from the Yukon:

Molecular cryptozoology meets the Sasquatch
Dave Coltman and Corey Davis

www.uoguelph.ca/%7Ebspeersr/tree.pdf

Interesting conclusions:

There are several possible explanations for these
results. First, as suggested from molecular analysis of
hair from a suspected Yeti [1], the Sasquatch might be a
highly elusive ungulate that exhibits surprising morphological
convergence with primates. Alternately, the hair
might have originated from a real bison and be unrelated
to the Sasquatch. Parsimony would favor the second
interpretation, in which case, the identity and taxonomy
of this enigmatic and elusive creature remains a mystery.

-------
References

1 Milinkovitch, M.C. et al. (2004) Molecular phylogenetic analyses
indicate extensive morphological convergence between the ‘yeti’ and
primates. Mol. Phylogenet. Evol. 31, 1–3

Missing possibly the obvious one: The family mistook a bison for a Bigfoot.

Strictly speaking, the Yukon is not in America. *impertinent grin*

(yeah, I know, I've posted Canadian stuff in here, but we give the Americans so much, do they have to have our Bigfoots too? ;) )

Leaferne said:
Strictly speaking, the Yukon is not in America. *impertinent grin*

(yeah, I know, I've posted Canadian stuff in here, but we give the Americans so much, do they have to have our Bigfoots too? ;) )

Good point (cryptozoolgical imperialism?). So what would you like:

1. We rename to "Bigfoot in N. American"

2. We split the Canadian reports into its own thread - "All Aboot Bigfoot", "Canuck Sasquatch", etc.

Opinions?

Back