• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Brotherhood Of The Wolf

A

Anonymous

Any one seen this yet? I thought it was great! Everything mixed together! Is this based on a true story, does anyone know?

It's a cracking film isn't it!:D

I think the 'murders' are based on french legend but I'm sure the film has it's own web site somewhere (might be in french though), I'll have a look around and see if I can find it.

I just saw this recently and thought it good enough to warrent ressurecting this thread.
I thought it had a real Sleepy Hollow / Thirteenth Warrior thing going on - is it or isn't it a supernatural phenomenon - but with a bit of French class (I like the French - I know it's an unfashionable opinion and I know about all that historical business, but I like 'em and that's that).
Excellent film. Recommended.

It was bloody weird , with Water Margin style dubbing . But I thought it a nice change from Hollywood stuff . Shades of Beyond the Thunderdome now and again , and the new Sleepy Hollow . OK but I wouldn't go out of my way to watch it again .

I thought it was excellent!

Beautifully shot landscapes, Matrix-esque fight scenes, heaving bodices, long coats/big hats, a surreal unknown life-form, Templar legends, Vatican plots and conspiracy theories...

Highly Fortean!

I've been umming and ahhing over which version of this to buy as there is a super duper French 4 disc version:

www.amazon.fr/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00006OAIF/

I eventually went for the nearly-as-super-duper Canadian version which I assume is this one:

www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000 ... ntmagaz-21
www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00006I ... enantmc-20

See the comparison here:
www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film.php?fid=1726

----------
IMDB:

www.imdb.com/title/tt0237534/

-------------------------
See also the discussion of The Beast of Gevaudan here:

www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7249

Back