• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Car Park Shenanigans

Resale. You shrink the number of potential buyers who simply don’t like the colour. For example, I wouldn’t consider anything Burgundy - except to burn it and return it to Satan.
I’ve noticed the new grey paint jobs on some of the more expensive cars coming out recently. I call it Nazi Grey which gives me a smug yet false feeling of superiority when I see they’re driving something the price of a house deposit around and taking up two parking spaces.
There is a shade now that I refer to as baby-poo brown. I wonder what makes someone buy that colour?

Car paint doesn't fade like it used to, I wonder if this is at the cost of the brighter colours?
When I bought my current car, the salesman tried to sell me a UV coating as an extra. I wasn't having that - it's just a rip-off.

When did this decolourisation of the private automobile happen and why? Were we consulted? I'm not a driver so maybe I never got the memo - but it seems to me that this is one of those period markers that just happen without anyone really noticing or caring - and without obvious explanantion (in the same way, perhaps, as people suddenly stopped wearing hats sometime towards the end of the Edwardian period).
Not that I've had a lot of experience buying new cars, but my Corolla only comes in the four colours you mentioned. Also, when I was looking, some of the cars charged $100 extra for different colours. And the third thing is, often if you want a specific colour, it is a special order.

I want to buy my car ready to take, not have to special order. It's stressful enough for me just trying to breathe when I'm trying to figure out how to keep costs down and haggling with someone who wants me to spend more.

Thing is in a sea of what appears to be identical modern cars no matter what the manufacturer in a very large car park, it's very easy to lose track of your car. One offspring of mine takes a location photo when he parks up in gigantic car parks to avoid what you experienced.
Funny thing is car park not very busy (time of day I think) , nor very big. Lol

Which Tesco please? Be good to research what used to be at that location in the past
Really ?! ....(Pretty sure it was a lapse on part of myself and security man), but it is in Madeley Telford (Shropshire)... Also, I forgot to say car had cheery magnetic reflective festive lights on the side......Obviously wanted to show them off somewhere else :)

The only UV coating I can imagine would be to protect the paint colour from sunlight exposure. Like UV protection coating on sunglasses.

The only UV coating I can imagine would be to protect the paint colour from sunlight exposure. Like UV protection coating on sunglasses.
That was it, yes. I will probably keep the car for a long time and eventually get rid of it for very little, so spending money on that is pointless.

I imagine it appeals to real petrol-heads who go in for expensive paint jobs on flashy cars. It might work but it's also impressive to their fellows.

I imagine it appeals to real petrol-heads who go in for expensive paint jobs on flashy cars. It might work but it's also impressive to their fellows.
Yeah. I'm not into impressing anybody with flashy cars and I'm not a petrol-head. I don't care if a bit of paint fades slightly.

My wife and I usually shop at smaller groceries because it is easier for us to walk.

We find people in the smaller stores religiously return their cart to the cart cage, but at big box grocery stores people are not so good at returning carts.

So, when one pulls into the big box you have to watch for loose carts, and if it is a windy day those carts go flying into cars.

And mustard yellow coffee cups and mugs! Plenty of YT videos of nostalgia bait like that.
mumblemumble "Jumpers for goal posts, four pennorth of mojos ..."

And carpet around the basin and toilet.
In fact, carpet the whole bathroom - yes, that'll be hygienic.
That's always been a bad idea; damp, piss etc.

However, it might have been the rational expression of a futile desire for warmth during one's winter ablutions. Can remember my family's move to a house with an actual bathroom. Though a step up from the old tin tub in front of the fire, it was still unheated. Brrr.

That's always been a bad idea; damp, piss etc.

However, it might have been the rational expression of a futile desire for warmth during one's winter ablutions. Can remember my family's move to a house with an actual bathroom. Though a step up from the old tin tub in front of the fire, it was still unheated. Brrr.
Yep, carpet at least makes getting out of the bath in a freezing bathroom not quite such a horrific experience. I had one in my last house (carpet, not bath, although I did have one of those too). It was a washable carpet though, that would go in the washing machine, because anything is better than stepping on lino with wet feet.

Yep, carpet at least makes getting out of the bath in a freezing bathroom not quite such a horrific experience. I had one in my last house (carpet, not bath, although I did have one of those too). It was a washable carpet though, that would go in the washing machine, because anything is better than stepping on lino with wet feet.
Yup, lino or tiles are not only cold, they can be slippery.
I remember the washable bathroom carpets. Fancied the myself but it seems a lot of trouble.
(Actually, I have a faint memory of obtaining a big piece of that stuff and cutting it to size for the bathroom. As I recall it worked well.)

What you need is a nice twee bathroom set. Like this one.

Attachments

• bathroom set ouija.jpeg
    bathroom set ouija.jpeg
    203.9 KB · Views: 13
Yup, lino or tiles are not only cold, they can be slippery.
I remember the washable bathroom carpets. Fancied the myself but it seems a lot of trouble.
(Actually, I have a faint memory of obtaining a big piece of that stuff and cutting it to size for the bathroom. As I recall it worked well.)

What you need is a nice twee bathroom set. Like this one.
I'd have to sit on the loo spelling out messages with my foot.

Puts me in mind of the time I drove to meet a friend for coffee and when I came out my car had disappeared. Went back into coffee shop demanding police be called and CCTV examined for car thieves; everyone was looking at me gone off. One minute into rant it dawned on me I had part exchanged my blue car the day before and my new red car was sitting where I parked it............

Back